Premier League Gameweek 16

Ban

Even at 32, Vardy is as good as any striker in his prime and doesn't look to have lost much of his pace at all, constantly beating the offside trap. Which blows the caf theory that a player is useless beyond the age of 30 to smithereens.
I thought 29 is the end of it.

TheRedHearted

what if Leicester end up wining the title again in some crazy turn of events?
also anyone else think if pep leaves at the end of next year city would go for Rodgers?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
what if Leicester end up wining the title again in some crazy turn of events?
also anyone else think if pep leaves at the end of next year city would go for Rodgers?
Oliver Holt suggested that I think, personally think that won’t happen. They’ll get another tiki-taka manager.

FujiVice

Even at 32, Vardy is as good as any striker in his prime and doesn't look to have lost much of his pace at all, constantly beating the offside trap. Which blows the caf theory that a player is useless beyond the age of 30 to smithereens.
He's only really been playing about 8 years, though. He was manufacturing medical splints a decade ago.

fps

Is it me or has the premier league become even faster? Just watching closing 25 of Villa Leicester. It seems even compared with 5 years ago teams now need to be a able to run and sprint to a man for the whole 90, moreso than ever before. Pressing is king for sure.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Blades had me worried at half time. Brilliant result, much needed win after Thursday

Hoof the ball

I think the mythical drop-off at 30 has everything to do with the Championship Manager game, whereby a player's value and performances would plummet on his 30th birthday. :lol:

fps

He's only really been playing about 8 years, though. He was manufacturing medical splints a decade ago.
It may be a miles on the clock issue for sure. Also he is a menace but he’s the cutting edge, he doesn’t needlessly work the channels or exert himself in a way that wouldn’t benefit the team. And it’s a team set up for him just to do what he does best, aggressive without the ball and with, hunting like a wolf.

always_hoping

Nah, the title is theirs to lose. 8 points gap and they're clearly the best team at the moment. Shouldn't have lost against you and should've drawn with them to have a small chance.
Attended that game, Leicester never looked like scoring and Rodgers said after the game that his side never got going. Against Liverpool I agree should have got a draw as that was a very dodgy penalty pool got

Leicester since those games are in peak form and the type of form is due a dip. Keeping Vardy fit will be huge for Leicester. I might add Liverpool shouldn't be 8 points ahead a number of games they have been lucky in and apparently luck evens itself out over the course of the season hmm

Ludens the Red

Haha

Ekeke

I'd want to see Grealish left in a central midfield 3 in a 433 if we bought him whereas Maddison I could only see as a 10 in a 4231
He tracked back better in the 2nd half, although he got a bit dirty with Ndidi and could have picked up 2 yellows if the ref had seen him elbow Ndidi on the floor.

I dont think we're playing 4-3-3 and if we did Maddison can easily play in CM. He does more of a CM shift than Grealish who is far more alive with the ball. Even today Maddison had 2 tackles, 2 interceptions and at least one of the interceptions was taking Grealish's pass, while Grealish had 3 tackles and 0 interceptions. I've seen Villa probably 4 or 5 matches this season and this was the second half was the first time he was tracking back, presumably after getting an earful for not doing it in the first half. So its better from him but still not as much

Ekeke

I think the mythical drop-off at 30 has everything to do with the Championship Manager game, whereby a player's value and performances would plummet on his 30th birthday. :lol:
Its always been something I've heard about and that was before championship manager. I think more likely that myth was just put into the game because thats what football fans believed and they were trying to appeal to football fans

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Maddison really is a proper football player. Very intelligent, bags of energy with a bit of bite and all the skills needed for a modern day midfielder, just the type we need if we want to get back to the top.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Attended that game, Leicester never looked like scoring and Rodgers said after the game that his side never got going. Against Liverpool I agree should have got a draw as that was a very dodgy penalty pool got

Leicester since those games are in peak form and the type of form is due a dip. Keeping Vardy fit will be huge for Leicester. I might add Liverpool shouldn't be 8 points ahead a number of games they have been lucky in and apparently luck evens itself out over the course of the season hmm
The game against you was the one where Rodgers got it completely wrong by playing two DMs and shoving Maddison on the left, and we indeed never looked like scoring. I suppose that the OT effect had some players a bit inhibited but we can only blame ourselves for that loss.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He tracked back better in the 2nd half, although he got a bit dirty with Ndidi and could have picked up 2 yellows if the ref had seen him elbow Ndidi on the floor.

I dont think we're playing 4-3-3 and if we did Maddison can easily play in CM. He does more of a CM shift than Grealish who is far more alive with the ball. Even today Maddison had 2 tackles, 2 interceptions and at least one of the interceptions was taking Grealish's pass, while Grealish had 3 tackles and 0 interceptions. I've seen Villa probably 4 or 5 matches this season and this was the second half was the first time he was tracking back, presumably after getting an earful for not doing it in the first half. So its better from him but still not as much
& one of those tackles was Grealish, in the first half, tracking back and tackling Maddison.

always_hoping

The game against you was the one where Rodgers got it completely wrong by playing two DMs and shoving Maddison on the left, and we indeed never looked like scoring. I suppose that the OT effect had some players a bit inhibited but we can only blame ourselves for that loss.
To be honest the OT effect has been lost since Ferguson retired. Even teams just up from the championship has no fear in that venue anymore.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brighton-Wolves been a great game, so many good individuals on both teams. Mooy looking as good as he did in Huddersfield's first season in PL.

Considering I won 400 quid on the Newcastle game earlier, really enjoyed today's games....apart from Villa-Leicester of course. :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brighton bringing the Iran forward on, actually thought they'd loaned him out. Think it's his first game this season.

always_hoping

Wolves blew their chance to move back into 5th and just 3 points off Chelsea in 4th. 3 of their next 4 games are against Spurs, Man City and Liverpool.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
@GifLord could you please be so kind and gif Henderson’s wondersave from today’s Norwich vs Sheffield United game, happened when 81:45 was played. Unbelievable reaction save, one of the best I’ve seen in ages. Strong belief that Deano will be our next no.1 keeper. He’s really pushing Pickford & Pope for England’s starting gk position for next summer.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Oliver Holt suggested that I think, personally think that won’t happen. They’ll get another tiki-taka manager.
It was said a year or two back Rodgers was rated very highly at Man. City. Pep was always number one choice but if he didn't want to come they would seriously have pursued him although maybe not right after getting sacked by Liverpool.

Certainly he wouldn't turn down Man. City like he has Arsenal if they came in for him in the future.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Maddison really is a proper football player. Very intelligent, bags of energy with a bit of bite and all the skills needed for a modern day midfielder, just the type we need if we want to get back to the top.
Leicester just took us for 97mil? for Maguire. Expect that again for Maddison, or more.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
@GifLord could you please be so kind and gif Henderson’s wondersave from today’s Norwich vs Sheffield United game. Strong belief that Deano will be our next no.1 keeper.
Was fantastic wasn’t it. Didn’t de Gea sign a mega deal recently?