Premier League Gameweek 17-19

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Henderson's down for a minute and he blows right on the second as Leicester's attacking. fecking moron
Always the way. Unless Liverpool are going for a late winner, then they’ll find a way to stretch 5 minutes into 8

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Henderson's down for a minute and he blows right on the second as Leicester's attacking. fecking moron
It's just wrong, I don't know why they continue with it after the world cup did actual stoppage time so successfully.

brian017

People mocked the WC added time but at least the ball was in play for longer and we got more action

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
People mocked the WC added time but at least the ball was in play for longer and we got more action
Did they? I thought everyone enjoyed it!

I was hoping for a backlash against the premier leagues inaccurate stoppage time but if people didnt like the world cup stoppages then it's never changing.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
As if Liverpool couldn’t get any more lucky, their next game is against a Toney-less Brentford.
Injured in the 92nd minute of their last game before facing Liverpool. It's uncanny.

I don't know who Wolves' best player is lately, but I hope he's got his hospital bed booked for next weekend.

AndyMUFC

Liverpool definitely got away with that one.

Luckily they've got a tough looking couple of months of fixtures ahead and will need to play better than that.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Injured in the 92nd minute of their last game before facing Liverpool. It's uncanny.

I don't know who Wolves' best player is lately, but I hope he's got his hospital bed booked for next weekend.
Wolves, a team Utd do not like playing if I remember correctly. :D

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yah that’s the joke
Mate I know what you tried to do but it doesn't make sense, we all know that it's a joke but if I make that joke no one thinks it's great because it's a clear own goal.

brian017

Did they? I thought everyone enjoyed it!

I was hoping for a backlash against the premier leagues inaccurate stoppage time but if people didnt like the world cup stoppages then it's never changing.
Last week I heard a few commentators sniggering that it wasn't the WC anymore and things were back to normal with satisfactory tone in their voice

Idxomer

It was obvious that the PL refs were gonna go in the opposite direction after the WC. They always love to send the message that they have the authority to do what they want.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Last week I heard a few commentators sniggering that it wasn't the WC anymore and things were back to normal with satisfactory tone in their voice
Yep. When one of the most noticeable things about the World Cup was the drastic reduction in the amount of timewasting and bullshit that everybody hates seeing.

RVN1991

I think those days are over.

That run last season was their dead cat bounce.
Same thing was said the season after they won the PL. They seem to perform a lot better when the pressure is off like it was last season when City, Chelsea and united were seen as the main title contenders

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I loved it, there was a marked decrease in time wasting antics with the longer stoppage time, especially the insane amounts we got at the start of the tournament, which seemed to scare teams off for the rest of the tournament. Was good for the overall game and I hope other leagues start to implement it as well.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
I loved it, there was a marked decrease in time wasting antics with the longer stoppage time, especially the insane amounts we got at the start of the tournament, which seemed to scare teams off for the rest of the tournament. Was good for the overall game and I hope other leagues start to implement it as well.
Time wasting < human right :D

Shai-Hulud

Hell of an accomplishment from Leicester. Imagine being in the lead in a game and not just drawing, but losing without the opponent scoring a single goal.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Seems to be a massive lack of conviction in your guys tonight. Normally you guys are ruthless.
Our lack of options and general age/decline of players like Henderson and Fabinho has shown all season. We need to sign a midfielder in this window imo. Thiago is the only capable midfielder we have but he doesn't have the legs. We get opened up every time there's a turn over of possession now.

Dansk

How is it possible for one team to consistently be so lucky? Season after season, all the little random elements just happen to turn out in their favor.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
How is it possible for one team to consistently be so lucky? Season after season, all the little random elements just happen to turn out in their favor.
Liverpool have a huge fanbase in the UK. They'll obviously get more support from the PL. Same actually applies to Utd. Hell, even with Arsenal, I'm seeing decisions that we ordinarily don't get in our favour being given for us(except for Utd/Liverpool matches of course) because the PL needs to create a two horse race for the title to keep things interesting.

Relevant

I agree completely.
It must be something to do with the timing of advertising. Sometimes, at half time especially, it seems the ref can't wait to get the players off the pitch!