Premier League Gameweek 18 (16th - 18th December 2017)

Andersons Dietician

If pool can keep Countinho and Caan along with the addition of Keita and possibly VDJK they’ll have a pretty damn decent team. Saw a rumour they intend to replace Sturridge with Aubemyang as well.

Bobski

Napoli are top of Serie A right now.

Top 6 in England are frighteningly good, each one is capable of winning the Champions League. Premier League have got 5 teams in the Champions League last 16 this season, something that's never been done before by any other country!

Lower/mid-table Premier League teams have some very good players, Champions League level players - Teams like Everton spending £50m on 1 single player (regardless if you think he's worth that or not) shows you the power of the league all-round. It's just the top6 clubs are so good.

As said I'm enjoying it. Watching genuine world class talents and seeing world class goals like the ones Coutihno and Salah scored is why i pay my Sky bill, previous seasons gone by i often questioned whether it was worth it, but this season it's been good to watch.
Come on, that is going too far. This Arsenal is capable of winning the CL? Liverpool with their atrocious back line? Spurs in the knock out rounds will not be playing a distracted version of Madrid.

Again I will say that the league is not just the top 6 teams. Maybe my views are just outdated but the awful financial disparity Europe wide is not good for competitive balance. Will accept that England is in a better position that Germany France or Spain. Hoping Italy somehow revives beyond Juve and we get Milan, Inter, Roma, Napoli back legitimately challenging, would be good for the competition.

Bobski

How is it any different from the last 5-6 seasons?
Not massively, the PL has been a bit of mess for a number of years. It has improved this year with City leading the way and Utd finally showing signs of life post Fergie. To be fair it is better for the league for the big clubs to be performing again rather the shambles they have been, might pull the bottom level up if I look at it optimistically.

Rafateria

Come on, that is going too far. This Arsenal is capable of winning the CL? Liverpool with their atrocious back line? Spurs in the knock out rounds will not be playing a distracted version of Madrid.

Again I will say that the league is not just the top 6 teams. Maybe my views are just outdated but the awful financial disparity Europe wide is not good for competitive balance. Will accept that England is in a better position that Germany France or Spain. Hoping Italy somehow revives beyond Juve and we get Milan, Inter, Roma, Napoli back legitimately challenging, would be good for the competition.
I'm sure he wasn't including Arsenal.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Top 6 in England are frighteningly good, each one is capable of winning the Champions League. Premier League have got 5 teams in the Champions League last 16 this season, something that's never been done before by any other country!
The only team capable of winning the Champions League bar a fluke or miracle are City.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
United, chelsea and liverpool are all teams you could fancy as dark horses.
Maybe, but I just don't think that Liverpool are that much better than Sevilla or Roma for example. Nobody considers them CL contenders.

Bobski

In sure you can count to five and also name the PL teams still in the CL. Or maybe not.
No it is beyond me. His statement was that any of the top 6 could win the CL. We all know who he means by the top 6.

Facetiousness aside, it is a cup competition, a good draw and who knows. Real-PSG and Chelsea-Barcelona opens up the possibilities for some of the less favoured teams. Utd get through Sevilla and then maybe get the winners of the Shatkar-Roma tie, could be at the SF stage without really playing a major threat.

Number1

United, chelsea and liverpool are all teams you could fancy as dark horses.
Point i was making is if Spurs/United/City/Liverpool/Chelsea won the Champions League this season it wouldn't be up there with Greece winning Euro2004 or Leicester winning the Premier League, why? Because they are good.

In the last 12 years 2 English teams who have finished 5th in the Premier League have won the Champions League (Chelsea/Liverpool) - No one was like, how? Because the top teams in England have always been known as all-round strong teams, recent years English clubs have struggled in the Champions League, this year that 'allround' strength looks to be back.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Maybe, but I just don't think that Liverpool are that much better than Sevilla or Roma for example. Nobody considers them CL contenders.
at their best they are. Their problem is they're a bit too soft mentally and unbalanced, which shows especially in away games. Over 2 legs they can be a problem for everyone. Especially if they get to play the first leg at anfield

Bojan11

at their best they are. Their problem is they're a bit too soft mentally and unbalanced, which shows especially in away games. Over 2 legs they can be a problem for everyone. Especially if they get to play the first leg at anfield
Yeah plus they capable of going to any away ground and scoring 3. You rather lose 4-3 then 1-0 away from home. At Anfield they are capable of beating anyone and don’t concede many goals.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yet we've scored more than you this season.
What's that got to do with anything. Although you've only got one more.

I wasn't wrong with my score prediction was I? The only reason I didn't give WBA a goal is because De Gea often pulls off 7/8 saves per game (thus always getting me bonus points).

redchamp

Some say that he was referring to David Silva as he wears number 21, but he looked way to serious for that. I think he was taking a dig at us though.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...essing-room-after-tottenham-win-a3721526.html

The 2-1 was definitely a reference to us. They won't be singing it for long, we already made it our own song at West Brom and will continue at Bristol and Leicester, just like we did with 'Who the feck are Man United". I really hope they lose soon, if they crumble from this position it will be glorious and we will never let them forget it.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I have a sneaking feeling for Swansea tonight. I'm not enamoured with that Everton line-up and Swansea have enough on the break to cause that Everton defence problems. There's an argument to be made that Swansea's bench is better than Everton's tonight, too, and if the game is still in the balance come the 75th minute, that could tip the scales.

haram

I have a sneaking feeling for Swansea tonight. I'm not enamoured with that Everton line-up and Swansea have enough on the break to cause that Everton defence problems. There's an argument to be made that Swansea's bench is better than Everton's tonight, too, and if the game is still in the balance come the 75th minute, that could tip the scales.
Don't think Big Sam will let them get caught on the break.

FireballXL5

Q: Why didn't John Moss give a yellow for that late tackle?

A: Because he's a bottling wanker.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Everton crowd a bit flat tonight. Are there any Swansea fans there too??

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s crazy how you can’t tackle these days at all. Utterly ridiculous decision by the referee there.