Premier League Gameweek 2 fixtures (18th - 20th August 2018)

ZlatMan

These feckers score fives and sixes for fun whilst we are still waiting for a first 5-0 win since SAF retired. There are levels. I wish we could batter teams like this. Centre back wouldn't have made any difference for us.
Didn't we scored 5 once under LVG?

Canagel

Didn't we scored 5 once under LVG?
We did. But it was against Midgetland. The equivalent of a league 2 side. In the PL we struggle too much against relegation fodder. I want us to show no mercy.

Hoof the ball

City aside, you can only win the league if you beat what’s put in front of you. 1-0, 5-0, 3 points is 3 points. One game at a time, beat the small clubs and show the f**k up against the big boys.

Patrick08

Time will tell what happens by the end of the year but if we City win the league again by outscoring us by nearly 40 goals again then there won't be any more excuses left for Jose.
Don't expect us to outscore them or even the Scouse, but Mourinho can get results his way, we beat all 19 teams last year so we are clearly good enough to beat anyone on the day, needed width and defensive solidity to find that consistency.. I expect us to improve from last season but by how much, really depends on mourinho's ability to convince the team to fight for results each game. I also think we need to go in the market in January again.

Woodzy

City aside, you can only win the league if you beat what’s put in front of you. 1-0, 5-0, 3 points is 3 points. One game at a time, beat the small clubs and show the f**k up against the big boys.
To be fair, as a team that once lost out on the title due to goal difference, we should never under estimate the importance putting a lot of goals past the weaker teams.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
1-0 Brighton. How is Murray still scoring PL goals, he’s like 60 now isn’t he?

LFCFAN

Supports
Liverpool
Incredible deft finish from Murray. 2-0 Brighton, WOW

Mister_Stubbs

Lads calm down. Try enjoy the bloody season before it ends, city have an easy start we have to keep in touch and see how they do without De Bruyne come tougher games October November. They’re better than us now for sure, but it’s not unheard of for teams to grow into a season. We could be flying in January onwards for all we know
Enjoy the season you say...

Sp00ks11

Lads calm down. Try enjoy the bloody season before it ends, city have an easy start we have to keep in touch and see how they do without De Bruyne come tougher games October November. They’re better than us now for sure, but it’s not unheard of for teams to grow into a season. We could be flying in January onwards for all we know
She cannae take the strain Captain :lol:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Weirdly I still think United will take at least a point. One goal would completely unsettle Brighton.

Loublaze

ATLien
If Smalling was in there we wouldn't be 2 down. Look at the second goal, Lindelof and Bailly have no aerial presence whatsoever

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Get in. Shaw’s been lively again.

Young’s corners have been shite. Floaty poop. Need to get someone else on em

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Those laughs at our and Arsenal's defence yesterday looking a bit silly now eh ;)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
:wenger:

Jesus, I've backed Mourinho on here a few times, but this is a horrible performance. Can see them coming back in the first half, but this has been awful.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Bailly and Lindelof have no understanding between them watching this.

Pagh Wraith

Highly unlikely that United will outperform their expected points to the extent they did last season. I think finishing outside the top 4 is a lot more likely than some people think.