Premier League Gameweek 2

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
So 30 shots to 3 is nothing worth mentioning?

If Every week Spurs played games and the opposition had 30 shots to your 3. That's fine? Just because you couldt get across the half way line is not indicative of any kind of dominance? Please tell me more, I cant wait to roll out the Glaston excuses next time we are involved in a 30 shots vs 3 game(probably never).
Why do I need to excuse anything? We got a point away to City, which hardly any other team this season will likely accomplish. And it's our most difficult away fixture now done with.

Moreover, and as I've already mentioned, I haven't said that we deserved the draw and nor have I said that City didn't dominate the game.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
It was complete domination by City, but the goals weren't lucky at all. How exactly is an excellent corner and ditto header "lucky"? Why was Lamela's goal lucky, because Ederson was horribly positioned? Those are not lucky goals imo.
Corner goal wasn't lucky. Lamela's was though, in the sense that I can pretty much guarantee Ederson will never position himself that poorly in the rest of his career. I can't say I've ever seen any keeper present so much of the goal to aim at from that position before. Lamela was able to basically pass it into the net, it was a birthday gift from Ederson.

I'm simply saying that their domination cannot be called "complete domination"
What a pointless argument. Does it matter if City 'dominated' or 'completely dominated'?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It was a punt, one that doesn't go in 99/100. And nothing is wrong with scoring a goal from a corner, but again .. you can dominate a team and still concede two corners that all game that they scored from.

That's fine, but I think most people (especially outside our fans, some of which appear to be in denial to the extent of which we got battered) will say we got completely dominated. And there's a reason for that.
You might just as well say that Ruben Neves goal yesterday against United doesn't go in 99/100. And by the way, 99/100 is big exaggeration.

Lamela's goal was a fine strike from distance, following on from a good through ball from Ndombele that cut through the "completely dominant" City midfield.

The "completely dominant" City defence backed off away from Lamela as he drove forward, giving him the time and space to pick his shot, whilst the "completely dominant" City GK reacted too late.

And the "completely dominant" City defence was beaten in the air from an excellent corner whipped in by Lamela and flicked on by a superb Moura header.

Dominance by City it was, complete dominance it was not.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You might just as well say that Ruben Neves goal yesterday against United doesn't go in 99/100. And by the way, 99/100 is big exaggeration.

Lamela's goal was a fine strike from distance, following on from a good through ball from Ndombele that cut through the "completely dominant" City midfield.

The "completely dominant" City defence backed off away from Lamela as he drove forward, giving him the time and space to pick his shot, whilst the "completely dominant" City GK reacted too late.

And the "completely dominant" City defence was beaten in the air from an excellent corner whipped in by Lamela and flicked on by a superb Moura header.

Jesus christ .. ok Glaston.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Corner goal wasn't lucky. Lamela's was though, in the sense that I can pretty much guarantee Ederson will never position himself that poorly in the rest of his career. I can't say I've ever seen any keeper present so much of the goal to aim at from that position before. Lamela was able to basically pass it into the net, it was a birthday gift from Ederson.

What a pointless argument. Does it matter if City 'dominated' or 'completely dominated'?
Taking advantage of your opponent’s mistakes is a skill to me, that’s not being lucky but we’re probably arguing semantics here.

RedDevilRoshi

City were the dominate team throughout. The chances you did have, you took them.

Let’s not forget City should have had a penalty when Lamela virtually wrestled Rodri to the ground. Referee didn’t see it but VAR should have intervened. How they never is just madness.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
For us this has come at as good a time as any, with Pep here we don't have the option to go for a quick fix like we have before so we have no option really but to build a team ready for 2/3 years time hopefully with Pep out of the picture.

For you guys it must be the opposite, you've arguably got your best side ever and it's coinciding with Pep being here, must be infruriating.
I think as long as Klopp remains our manager (he still has 2 years left on his contract after this season) then I reckon we'll break our PL duck regardless of how long Pep is at City. I did say on another thread that I felt the other sides in the top 6 would take more points off City in the head-to-heads this season. Spurs already have, albeit somewhat fortuitously. & I can't see them taking maximum points off United again. So whilst it is infuriating, as you say, I think we need to remember that we're just 2 games into the new season. Long, long, way to go for all of us. Including Man City.

Varun

Staff

Dominant post

AshRK

I think as long as Klopp remains our manager (he still has 2 years left on his contract after this season) then I reckon we'll break our PL duck regardless of how long Pep is at City. I did say on another thread that I felt the other sides in the top 6 would take more points off City in the head-to-heads this season. Spurs already have, albeit somewhat fortuitously. & I can't see them taking maximum points off United again. So whilst it is infuriating, as you say, I think we need to remember that we're just 2 games into the new season. Long, long, way to go for all of us. Including Man City.
I admire your optimism but unless City implode or you guys add more quality to your team I cannot see that happening. You guys may be leading the table right now but from the 2 games City look far more threatening than you guys. Still early season but I still predict City to win the league.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How do you expect Liverpool to accomplish that small feat given their financial limitations?

City already possess one of the greatest PL teams of all time, with more than enough financial muscle to improve on it. That is not the case for Liverpool as they proved over the summer when they brought no one in.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
How do you expect Liverpool to accomplish that small feat given their financial limitations?

City already possess one of the greatest PL teams of all time, with more than enough financial muscle to improve on it. That is not the case for Liverpool as they proved over the summer when they brought no one in.
Just because we never made any big signings in the summer doesn't mean we haven't got the money. None of us know for sure if we didn't target certain players, but for whatever reason they failed to materialize. One thing we do know, & that's Klopp won't buy simply for the sake of buying. We still have the same squad of players that forced City to win their final 14 league matches last season, & also won the CL. So it's not like we've been stripped of our talented players. The only signing we made in 2013/14 was Sakho, yet despite finishing well outside the top 4 the previous season, we took big spending City right to the wire that season too. So being frustrated at Man City's consistency is one thing. But I'm certainly not throwing in the towel just 2 matches into the season irrespective of how much they've spent, & how little we have. I've been around long enough to know that football quite often doesn't go quite the way you'd expect it to.