*not on TV in UK as the game was originally supposed to take place on Saturday

**postponed due to Kenilworth Road not meeting the Premier League requirements

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Decent line-up of games on TV. Interested how our game will pan out, Villa have an excellent attack and midfield but showed they are very susceptible on the counter which is one of our strengths. Will be interesting if DCL/Danjuma start or even play as they could be crucial for a result. Likely another loss as Villa in front of the home crowd but if we can put in a good performance I will feel more confident as we have good fixtures coming up to get points on the board when we should have more attacking depth (Apparently Che Adams is probably going to sign and we are still very much in for Gnonto).

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
Could they have not have just switched Luton vs Burnley to a Burnley home game and then Burnley can travel there later in the year? Would suck for Luton and not ideal but MK Dons is down the road if the need arises.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Could they have not have just switched Luton vs Burnley to a Burnley home game and then Burnley can travel there later in the year? Would suck for Luton and not ideal but MK Dons is down the road if the need arises.
Yeah I’m sure Burnley wouldn’t at all mind their first 4 games all being at home. And then a clog of away games at the business end of the season.

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
Yeah I’m sure Burnley wouldn’t at all mind their first 4 games all being at home. And then a clog of away games at the business end of the season.
I didn't realise 3 of Burnleys first league games were at home, guess that answers the questions

ShinjiNinja26

Why is the City vs Newcastle game being shown at 20:00 instead of the usual 12:30 early kick off time? I hope they’re not giving City preferential treatment and a bit of extra rest because they played on Wednesday night, something no other team ever gets.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Scandalous this isn’t on TV - still, at home, against the worst team in the division - a must win I think 3 v 0

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Scandalous this isn’t on TV - still, at home, against the worst team in the division - a must win I think 3 v 0
Yeah it is shocking and just another symptom to the greedy incompetence of the premier league.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I can understand why it isn’t on TV. It’s Forest v Sheff United. What I don’t understand is why have them play this game on a Friday night if it’s not going to be televised. Just chuck the game in with the other Saturday 3PM kickoffs. Why bother inconveniencing the fans for no reason at all.

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I can understand why it isn’t on TV. It’s Forest v Luton. What I don’t understand is why have them play this game on a Friday night if it’s not going to be televised. Just chuck the game in with the other Saturday 3PM kickoffs. Why bother inconveniencing the fans for no reason at all.
It is meant to be Sat but was moved due to cricket I believe. Hence the blackout.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It is meant to be Sat but was moved due to cricket I believe. Hence the blackout.
Well I guess that explains it then. Still very shitty for the fans, but I guess the travel from Sheffield to Notts is very short, they’re practically next door neighbours.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I can understand why it isn’t on TV. It’s Forest v Sheff United. What I don’t understand is why have them play this game on a Friday night if it’s not going to be televised. Just chuck the game in with the other Saturday 3PM kickoffs. Why bother inconveniencing the fans for no reason at all.
It’s a local Derby, a rerun of the Champ playoff semi final that was as spicy as you want. Penalties, pitch invasion fights etc. The two teams and fans hate each other with a passion. I know it’s outside the M25 but still?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s a local Derby, a rerun of the Champ playoff semi final that was as spicy as you want. Penalties, pitch invasion fights etc. The two teams and fans hate each other with a passion. I know it’s outside the M25 but still?
Sorry, I thought you were playing Luton at first. I went back and edited the post after I checked. I have lived in both Nottingham and Sheffield, so believe me I know.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Sorry, I thought you were playing Luton at first. I went back and edited the post after I checked. I have lived in both Nottingham and Sheffield, so believe me I know.
No worries mate

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I was reminded today that Sheffield United are straight-up owned by the Saudi royal family.

Strange how they don't particularly bother pumping money into them. I'm sure there's no conflict of interest issues when they play Newcastle, either. :wenger:

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Get in haha Awoniyi scored 6 game in a row.

ROFLUTION

I was reminded today that Sheffield United are straight-up owned by the Saudi royal family.

Strange how they don't particularly bother pumping money into them. I'm sure there's no conflict of interest issues when they play Newcastle, either. :wenger:
A bit strange no bigger check up in conflict of interest is made when a club like that is promoted. In a normal world there would be a public statement about it, but I suppose there isn’t because there’s no good reason to allow two clubs owned by the same state.

At least they dont care about Sheffield United, hence their weak team and not investing after they got promoted. There’ll be a lot of trashings for them so other contenders than Newcastle will beat them too. They were really bad in the first game too.

matys

Sheffield are hopeless, and their fixture ain't getting easier in the coming weeks

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
City vs Newcastle feels like the beginning of an era.
Got a weird feeling Newcastle will win this.

Man. City had the long trip midweek and don't have endless options to rotate in attack currently. No KDB a blow for this type of game as can see Newcastle defending well and likes of Isak and Almiron getting chances on the break.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sheffield are hopeless, and their fixture ain't getting easier in the coming weeks
Heckinbotham has no chance with what he's been given. One of the strikers upfront for them only scored twice for Derby in league one last season.

He'll probably get sacked in five games time. Sheffield United will struggle to even reach 20 points this season.

Dazzmondo

Got a weird feeling Newcastle will win this.

Man. City had the long trip midweek and don't have endless options to rotate in attack currently. No KDB a blow for this type of game as can see Newcastle defending well and likes of Isak and Almiron getting chances on the break.
If Newcastle beat City I'm going to be very concerned about our chances of CL next season. Think it'll be competitive but I'd still expect City to win it

Dazzmondo

Heckinbotham has no chance with what he's been given. One of the strikers upfront for them only scored twice for Derby in league one last season.

He'll probably get sacked in five games time. Sheffield United will struggle to even reach 20 points this season.
You think they'll bother sacking the manager considering they've pretty much given up themselves? Not like any other manager is going to keep them up with the shape they're in

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If Newcastle beat City I'm going to be very concerned about our chances of CL next season. Think it'll be competitive but I'd still expect City to win it
Newcastle will drop plenty of points once CL starts but they can certainly put down a marker in next few weeks, have Liverpool and Brighton before the first international break.

Likes of Harvey Barnes and Wilson to come off the bench so getting good strength in depth now.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You think they'll bother sacking the manager considering they've pretty much given up themselves? Not like any other manager is going to keep them up with the shape they're in
They sacked Wilder eventually just before they got relegated last time and they were bottom that season from pretty much the first weekend.

Need a takeover above anything to have any hope and that usually means a new manager.

GlasgowCeltic

Newcastle will drop plenty of points once CL starts but they can certainly put down a marker in next few weeks, have Liverpool and Brighton before the first international break.

Likes of Harvey Barnes and Wilson to come off the bench so getting good strength in depth now.
not sure the others are good enough to take advantage