Premier League Gameweek 20-21

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He’s also two years older than VDB and looked just as shit for United as VDB.
Not sure that's possible to be honest!

How easily we forget pre-season Pereira :drool:

I'm obviously not saying we should have kept him or anything, just that we still have worse players we need to get rid of.

mu4c_20le

We should be begging Tuchel to come back. Still beyond idiotic that we fired him.

Love to see big Chelsea accounts on twitter huffing their own farts searching for ways to defend Potter whilst decrying Tuchel. No, the process is not better than it was under Tuchel. No, our youths aren't magically better somehow and if anything our young players have regressed because Potter's training methods are lame and boring and dumb. No, Potter apologists can't claim "omg injuries" as if Tuchel didn't have an injury crisis last winter with COVID on top of it and still managed to not go 10 games without winning.
Hear hear. Every manager has to deal with injuries. Not every manager has a rich owner with an open chequebook. His comments about the Chelsea job being the hardest was just another step towards Moyes.

saik

Yes and I'm delighted for him. You're still mad if you think we should have kept him.
Not saying we should have kept him because we had better options in his place but now with DVB more or less out he can be a good backup if he can put in these performances from time to time.

Having said all this, I don't think he will want to be a backup anyways.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The 3rd best team in West London putting on a plucky display so far.

Let's see if they can keep it up for the full 90 or whether Fulham's quality will show through in the end.
It was a valiant effort.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Hear hear. Every manager has to deal with injuries. Not every manager has a rich owner with an open chequebook. His comments about the Chelsea job being the hardest was just another step towards Moyes.
It's really pathetic. Compare what Tuchel said when he signed versus Potter. Night and fecking day.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fYV0swfGkyA

Blood Mage

Cucurella was brilliant at Brighton, there's a reason Pep wanted him too. Baffling as to why he's turned to complete shite all of a sudden.

cyberman

Cucurella was brilliant at Brighton, there's a reason Pep wanted him too. Baffling as to why he's turned to complete shite all of a sudden.
The man cried on the pitch after scoring against us. He never had the mentality for a big club.

Withnail

Not saying we should have kept him because we had better options in his place but now with DVB more or less out he can be a good backup if he can put in these performances from time to time.

Having said all this, I don't think he will want to be a backup anyways.
He never regularly put performances in like this for United and there's no reason to believe he ever would. The level of pressure is totally different and obviously got to him.

Anustart89

He never regularly put performances in like this for United and there's no reason to believe he ever would. The level of pressure is totally different and obviously got to him.
While I agreed with the decision to sell him at the time, I think his skillset is much more suited to EtH-ball and the Eriksen role than whatever the feck we were doing under Mourinho and Ole. In hindsight, I think Pereira would've been more of an EtH player than McTominay who probably would've fetched even more in the summer from Everton or West Ham or one of those teams.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Goes without saying that you lot shouldn't have sacked Tuchel. Mental decision really, he's a top coach albeit a little pragmatic.
Nothing will ever top selling KdB because Mourinho didn't like how he played in one single half of an FA Cup match but I increasingly think that sacking Tuchel is the second stupidest thing Chelsea have done in the past 20 years

RedDevilRoshi

Gutted I missed the 2nd half. Was the Felix red card the correct decision? Either way, it’s hilarious as he was by far and away their best player in that 1st half :lol::lol:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Gutted I missed the 2nd half. Was the Felix red card the correct decision? Either way, it’s hilarious as he was by far and away their best player in that 1st half :lol::lol:
Yeah 100% the right call. But the icing on the cake is that he was trying to control a horrendous pass from Koulibaly and it got away from him.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
No he wasn't, he was average and Brighton performed well. This rubbish about Barca and Pep being in for him was agent smoke and it got his client a move and him a payday.

RedDevilRoshi

Yeah 100% the right call. But the icing on the cake is that he was trying to control a horrendous pass from Koulibaly and it got away from him.
I literally don’t know where yous go from here now. The whole club just seems an absolute shambles just now.

Withnail

While I agreed with the decision to sell him at the time, I think his skillset is much more suited to EtH-ball and the Eriksen role than whatever the feck we were doing under Mourinho and Ole. In hindsight, I think Pereira would've been more of a EtH player than McTominay who probably would've fetched even more in the summer from Everton or West Ham or one of those teams.
Yeah fair point. I'd say once we get another midfielder in McT could well be off as well. I'd be hopeful we don't have to suffer that calibre of player for much longer

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I literally don’t know where yous go from here now. The whole club just seems an absolute shambles just now.
The reality is the owners should be on their hands and knees begging Tuchel to come back. That's the only way out of this - let him coach with a defined structure above the way he prefers and don't fecking give in to players yapping off. Cull the deadwood like Azpilicueta, who has been washed for three years now

noodlehair

"It's like..."
BT been on adverts for ages now. Either someone in the studio is dying or it's currently on fire