Premier League Gameweek 20-21

John_Jensen

From BBC:

Newcastle 1-0 Fulham
Apologies, apparently the delay was because Newcastle told the officials Fulham had 12 players on the pitch.
But that wasn't true. Weird.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Who cares. We are looking above us. This gives Spurs more insentive, and also extends the gap for 4th place.
This. Bedwetters on here are either traumatized for no real reason or they are closet Liverpool fans.

The only ones who should be crying today are Liverpool fans. We are getting top 4. Liverpool are not the way things are going.

MonkeysMagic

Newcastle are just horrible, park the bus merchants away from home and picking up points as they don't concede. Works for them, not blaming Howe, but I'd rather not be subjected to that football.

I wouldn't even begrudge them knocking Chel/Liv/Spuds out of CL spot!

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
£75m finish there from isak tbh. The future is black and white, lads. Get used to it.

Hester_manc

I still do not understand, how Newcastle can be in top 4 with that team. Last year they fought against relegation, and their team this year is not much better. Players like Wilson, Longstaff, Pope and Botman do not even belong in a team that is among the 8 best. So well done, but I am still waiting for them to collapse.

AndyMUFC

Well I guess every result can’t go our way so hopefully now that didn’t the Spurs Arsenal game can!

Lee565

Newcastle have something that neither spurs, Liverpool or Chelsea have and that is a water tight defence, that will see them finish above those other teams mentioned

georgipep

Yes, totally serious. Wilson and Almiron. Bruno is creative but he certainly isn’t attacking. It is a defensive side who waste time, constantly use dark arts to one up opposition, look for set pieces and defend in numbers.
They waste time and use many "dark arts" but can't agree with the rest.
If you call Bruno Guimarães a defensive player, than maybe Eriksen and even our Bruno are too?

Also, Joelinton is a converted striker and ASM is a totally full-on attack winger. Willock too is definitely an offensive player, albeit in the Firmino mould of workhorse attackers (Joelinton too).

Alemar

£75m finish there from isak tbh. The future is black and white, lads. Get used to it.
Why do you think many people here hate Newcastle? I am pretty sure many would agree if you take a 4th CL spot off Liverpool, Chelsea or Spurs - no problem with that :)

Djemba-Djemba

Got tired of weirdos who comb post histories to try and score internet points. Stop being a creep.
Stop being a creep? :lol:

I don't even know who you are. I just know in my time on here I only remember seeing one Newcastle fan on here and it wasn't you.

Now you've got your Saudi blood money you've decided to come back on here after going missing when you were shite.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Looking very much like Newcastle and Spurs are going to the wire for top 4 with Arsenal, City and United.

Guy Incognito

I still do not understand, how Newcastle can be in top 4 with that team. Last year they fought against relegation, and their team this year is not much better. Players like Wilson, Longstaff, Pope and Botman do not even belong in a team that is among the 8 best. So well done, but I am still waiting for them to collapse.
Their defence and organisation is solid. Howe to his credit has worked on that.

Sadly with the investment and resources at their disposal, Newcastle won't be going away. They may drop out of the top four, but their recruitment and strategy is far more organised than City's was when the Abu Dhabi group took over.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Why do you think many people here hate Newcastle? I am pretty sure many would agree if you take a 4th CL spot off Liverpool, Chelsea or Spurs - no problem with that :)
The 3 most recent reasons would be - 1, our shithousing has ascended to Atleti levels and I'm on record as saying it's gross. We're absolutely not bad enough to need it to that extent. 2 - A bunch of dumb fans - well meaning or not - with keffiyeh's on, etc. I mean every club has its dafties but we've always seemed to get outsized coverage on ours. And 3 - of course, the majority owners being PIF.

I hope no one's truly taking me calling Isak's easist-goal-of-his-life as being a 75m worth seriously though. Just a bit of silliness.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Huge call by Conte with Sarr starting. He is a real talent and appears to have gone ahead of Bissouma in Conte's thinking. Bentancur out is a huge blow though and it's a big moment for the kid.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
2003 too, especially when we went to their gaff and pumped a ton of goals passed them to end their title race.
So that's why fecking Jenas hates us so much. :lol:

Had never been able to figure it out until now.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
They waste time and use many "dark arts" but can't agree with the rest.
If you call Bruno Guimarães a defensive player, than maybe Eriksen and even our Bruno are too?

Also, Joelinton is a converted striker and ASM is a totally full-on attack winger. Willock too is definitely an offensive player, albeit in the Firmino mould of workhorse attackers (Joelinton too).
Joelinton is a workhorse who has played his best football as a midfielder and is in the side because of his workrate. None of Bruno, Willock or Longstaff are offensive players. They are central midfielders. Bruno Fernandes is a far more offensive player than any of them. He operates in the final third.

ASM doesn’t start because he doesn’t put in the defensive shift. They stay solid, work hard, roll around, waste time and are dirty to boot. Absolutely horrible to watch. Really poor antics even on the touchline in certain games.
If one of the traditional big sides played like this they would be hated. Newcastle are getting off with it because they are a fresh face at the top.