Premier League Gameweek 20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
1-0 to SU absolute howler from DeGea again from a corner
Just seen the score. Man. United will surely still win this but feels like one of those betting syndicates in far east with someone getting very rich with Man. United going a goal down in every single game seemingly last few months! :lol:

Deery

Dreary
That’s a goal ffs if Billy Sharp got away with it so should Maguire, what is VAR for anyway?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Everton 1-0. Hames.

They can really do something if they really believe in themselves this season which is always the problem with them. 11 tonight has loads of quality right through it and having Carlo as manager helps.

Always a good time to play Leicester when Vardy isn't around. Would be interested to see their actual record in games he misses as we beat them earlier this season with him unavailable.

Deery

Dreary
Just seen the score. Man. United will surely still win this but feels like one of those betting syndicates in far east with someone getting very rich with Man. United going a goal down in every single game seemingly last few months! :lol:
If they keep playing the way they are they’re not going to be winning anything and really only got Cavani on the bench to change things.

Someone will be getting rich of a Burnley, Sheffield and Everton treble tonight..

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If they keep playing the way they are they’re not going to be winning anything and really got Cavani on the bench to change things.

Someone will be getting rich of a Burnley, Sheffield and Everton treble tonight..
Surprised you're not starting Cavani tonight as feels his clever movement would totally bamboozle defence of Sheffield's standard but guess it's a risk given he played the full game v Liverpool.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Down to 6th now.
Spurs, West Ham and Man. City next 3 for Liverpool isn't it? You'll need to win 2/3 just to keep even within touch of the Manchester clubs (I'm assuming Man. United will still turn this round second half).

Would've got long odds on that after you'd just knocked in the 7th v Palace five and a half long weeks ago...

Deery

Dreary
Surprised you're not starting Cavani tonight as feels his clever movement would totally bamboozle defence of Sheffield's standard but guess it's a risk given he played the full game v Liverpool.
6 changes to the team was too much I think, Cavani would have been ideal but did play just the other day, he’s warming up now so might get the second half.

Deery

Dreary
Naa, United aren’t winning this tonight can’t even see a draw at this rate..

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Naa, United aren’t winning this tonight can’t even see a draw at this rate..
First time in a while I've felt like this, usually when going a goal down it lights a fire in us but it hasn't made a shred of difference. Need a couple of changes at half time.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
6 changes to the team was too much I think, Cavani would have been ideal but did play just the other day, he’s warming up now so might get the second half.
This place was abuzz with starting strongest team against Liverpool in the cup, old enemy, etc. Cavani and Shaw could have rested then and started tonight. Not that you won't beat Sheff Utd as they are awful. But it's hardly Man City levels.

Deery

Dreary
First time in a while I've felt like this, usually when going a goal down it lights a fire in us but it hasn't made a shred of difference. Need a couple of changes at half time.
Apart from Cavani I’m not sure who would make a big difference, may as well just outright attack from the start now because it’s looking like a loss anyway. Just throw caution to the wind.

Deery

Dreary
This place was abuzz with starting strongest team against Liverpool in the cup, old enemy, etc. Cavani and Shaw could have rested then and started tonight. Not that you won't beat Sheff Utd as they are awful. But it's hardly Man City levels.
Martial and Bruno were rested against Liverpool (well subs) I’d still rather we won against Pool and lost here tbh.

Redfrog

Yeah apparently it's his Granda was from Croatia.

Well he pronounces it as sick so that's what I'd call him.

Plenty of people pronounce names differently to what you'd think was 'correct'. I just go with whatever they call themselves.
All right, I am myself from Croatia, and I don't like my name to be pronounced the french way. But he is the third generation so I get why he doesn't care. He probably doesn't even speak croatian as I don't teach it to my children myself. But I want them to pronounce our name the right way anyway;).

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Martial and Bruno were rested against Liverpool (well subs) I’d still rather we won against Pool and lost here tbh.
And all Liverpool fans will agree with your view.

As I say that Maguire scores.

Deery

Dreary
Cavani has got a real chance to make himself a cult hero if he gets the winner tonight.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That’s actually the worst bit of defending I’ve ever seen from a United team, absolutely ashamed.

Deery

Dreary
Jesus that’s soft defending SU had a pass about in the United box!

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Terrible defending, Martin wants shooting there, horrendously lazy play trying to close that down

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
That’s because they’d still be salty about getting beat.
That and also relief as we'd probably never catch your 21 titles in my lifetime. Talking off prioritising players for games, Shaw would never have allowed that passage of play to happen in the penalty area on his side for their second goal. Criminal defending.

Deery

Dreary
That and also relief as we'd probably never catch your 21 titles in my lifetime. Talking off prioritising players for games, Shaw would never have allowed that passage of play to happen in the penalty area on his side for their second goal. Criminal defending.
He wouldn’t have no but these results happen, I honestly in my heart of hearts don’t believe we would win the league anyway but there’s still lots of football to play.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
if you offered me a draw before tonight I would have taken it. Without Doucoure or Allan means we are scraping by with a weak midfield again. Richarlison is in the worst form of his career right now too. I’m bitterly disappointed that all of our hard defensive work is for nothing and it is 2 points dropped tonight because of Pickford the prick.

4/6 points from Leicester this year is good regardless.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mindfeck result that. Sheffield United 10 points off safety.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Very proud tonight. To put in a performance like that in our state takes some doing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Very proud tonight. To put in a performance like that in our state takes some doing.
No way you should go down as worst premier league team or whatever. You're way better than our comedy show that went down with 17 points in 15/16 and we still got 5 or some points than what Derby did.

Don't think you've got a chance of staying up still but realistic target is getting 20-25 points and just having an "average" relegation. Norwich went down with 21 points in the end so that's a target to beat plus all about picking some form up to hit the ground running for next season. You're clearly sticking with Wilder so squad playing for their places next season.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Not surprised at the Man Utd result, despite everything their manager is still and always will be crap.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
At least, it's looking likely that City can stop Liverpool winning again. I would not have thought that at the start of the season. 7 points is a decent gap. Long way to go, though.

Deery

Dreary
Lap it up lads we’re still second and knocked you out the cup..