Premier League Gameweek 22

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Oh dear Sheffield United don't go announcing your manager has signed a new deal on the eve of a game..

ooooo VAR rules it off.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Never should have been disallowed. Took way too long. Ridiculous.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brilliant ending. :lol: There you go Chris WIlder VAR evens itself out.

Paul_Scholes18

VAR is so stupid. When Liverpool did the same thing they didn't remove the goal. Although I knew they would this time around.
I don't like that rule either. If someone shoot or heads it on someones arm then it should not be freekick.

VAR did the right thing now based on the rule which is stupid, but at other times they just ignore the rules.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Never should have been disallowed. Took way too long. Ridiculous.
It's harsh but when you consider the early season goals that were ruled out for unintentional handball they really couldn't allow it.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Haven't seen Ole senior looking that happy for a long time only for the goal to be chalked off :lol:

always_hoping

Sheffield United lucky that their late goal v Man United was allowed while tonight lucky that West ham goal was disallowed.

The David Moyes celebration deserves a gif..

Bulldog United

Football is all about avoiding goals so the rules are good. Of course it’s ok that defenders can accidentally handle the ball and avoid conceding penalties, but the moment a forward does it a free kick is awarded.

Pagh Wraith

"We were due a (VAR) decision"

I know they're footballers and not statistical geniuses but this nonsense still annoys me every time it is said.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
With that VAR wasn't the problem, it's FIFA who brought in this new handball rule. Technically that was the correct decision. Same with the new offside rule. VAR is correctly enforcing these rules. It's the rules that are stupid.

We're going to have record low goals this season with VAR haha.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
VAR is so stupid. When Liverpool did the same thing they didn't remove the goal. Although I knew they would this time around.
I don't like that rule either. If someone shoot or heads it on someones arm then it should not be freekick.
Handball on midfield under no pressure that doesn't gain a significant advantage beyond pace of play vs handball directly creating a short transition against a backtracking, out of shape defence

They're not really the same thing

(Also think liverpool's goal shouldn't have stood either btw)

Old Ma Crow

Can someone do a gif of Moyes celebration and then post VAR expression? Priceless!

Paul_Scholes18

Handball on midfield under no pressure that doesn't gain a significant advantage beyond pace of play vs handball directly creating a short transition against a backtracking, out of shape defence

They're not really the same thing

(Also think liverpool's goal shouldn't have stood either btw)
Yeah true, but there is no clear rule about how far back you should go. It feels they do it as they like.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
With that VAR wasn't the problem, it's FIFA who brought in this new handball rule. Technically that was the correct decision. Same with the new offside rule. VAR is correctly enforcing these rules. It's the rules that are stupid.

We're going to have record low goals this season with VAR haha.
Handball directly sets up the goal here. How is is stupid it's ruled out?

The rule itself i don't like, but in this specific case it's 100% the right call imho. Regardless of the rule

dbs235

Neville reminding me of Keane there, can tell he's used to such high standards from being at United under Fergie.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Why? Last minute goal, how exactly do you think he should have reacted?
Did I say he should have reacted differently? Regardless of whether he should or shouldn’t have, the goal was disallowed and he looked like a fool. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer man or club. Amen.