Premier League Gameweek 22

Nick7

I thought they stopped double jeopardy with pens? I mean the player is running in front and his leg comes up into contact with Luiz's Knee
They have, if the defender makes an honest attempt for the ball.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Its a pen but never a red card. They made a rule that those type of reds only apply when intentional these days

dev1l

It s a pen because luiz accidentally clipped the opponents foot. But never a red card

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
Luiz clips him. That's a pen all day.

Mcking

It's soft, but going by the law it's a pen and red. Luiz really needed to avoid that step across. Had to let him shoot.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
It is probably a penalty but no way is that a red card.

RedDevilRoshi

Why the feck do they keep asking Peter Walton his opinion on key refereeing decisions in a match when you know he’s always going to side with the official?

Our game against Sheffield Utd last week is a prime example.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
How can you tell if it was accidental or not? Can you read his mind?
That’s the point, you can’t! Luiz is cnutish enough to do that.
Never forget the simile on the smug bastard after getting Rafael sent off:o

Dinghy

"It's accidental". :lol: So fecking what? He touches him in full sprint, falls over himself because of it which makes it obvious there was contact and he denies Wolves a clear goal-scoring opportunity. Clear pen, clear red all day.

RedDevil@84

Think I am going blind. I can't even spot the clipping of Luiz leg. Maybe need an alternate angle

Inigo Montoya

Why the feck do they keep asking Peter Walton his opinion on key refereeing decisions in a match when you know he’s always going to side with the official?

Our game against Sheffield Utd last week is a prime example.
Have to get home to earn his money somehow

AshRK

That didn't look a penalty but from Luiz's reaction it looks he did make a contact. A soft red for me.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It is a penalty. Not sure if it's a red card though, I thought they changed the rule?
then show me a gif with the contact.

if there is a touch, it is a red. but i can see nothing.
Between 46 and 47 seconds in the GifLord clip. Luiz's left leg clips the left heel of the forward.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Arsenal look so solid. Fair play to arteta for turning it around.
All it takes is one mistake for the house of cards to collapse. That penalty incident exposed their defensive weakness.

Partey got sucked into the ball instead of holding his good position. Holding was not aware of where Podence was, and when he got the ball, he got sucked towards him instead of cutting off the passing option to his left. David Luiz was slow to recover to his defensive position and got caught off as a result.

It started with Partey, but it could still have been prevented had the defenders remained alert to the dangers around them.

rooney2009

I hate Arsenal but that is a ridiculous decision
You Can’t be sent off for the striker clipping you
He didn’t even go for the tackle
He pulled out of the tackle,how VAR can’t overturn that I don’t understand?

Pace Abuser

The wolves lad is winding up to shoot and Luiz slyly gets in the way and throws his shooting leg off so much he misses the ball completely.

It's a pen for impeding the attacker. Whether it is a red depends on the rules, whatever they are these days

Flexdegea

Are people losing sense of reality claiming that wasn't a penalty?

He cut across him on the run and clearly caught the back slide of the attacker who clear opportunity to shoot and score.

If that's not a penalty then everyone should just run into people to clip them from behind :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
All the people saying they can't see contact urgently need to visit the opticians.

Luiz's left knee at 47:39/40. There.

Inigo Montoya

I hate Arsenal but that is a ridiculous decision
You Can’t be sent off for the striker clipping you
He didn’t even go for the tackle
He pulled out of the tackle,how VAR can’t overturn that I don’t understand?
Only the ref can after looking at the monitor

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Luiz clips him so no question penalty, in my view is red, I can understand why some say it wasn’t red. He pretended it was accidental but I think he knew what he was doing, I never give penalty away like that but I gave fouls like that before by clipping player from behind to stop counter attack, pretend that it was accidental so I knew what Luiz was doing there. Cannot wait for AFTV today with Ty blaming referee, arsenal controversy since 2003 and wolves got relegated clips, it will be fun.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Looking at the clips about he caught the Wolves players, whether accidently or not. I thought it was only a sending off if they deem it as not attempting to get the ball. If he claims it as accidental, then he wasn't attempting to get the ball.

Classical Mechanic

All it takes is one mistake for the house of cards to collapse. That penalty incident exposed their defensive weakness.

Partey got sucked into the ball instead of holding his good position. Holding was not aware of where Podence was, and when he got the ball, he got sucked towards him instead of cutting off the passing option to his left. David Luiz was slow to recover to his defensive position and got caught off as a result.

It started with Partey, but it could still have been prevented had the defenders remained alert to the dangers around them.
Thought Partey was pretty weak against us too.