Premier League Gameweek 22

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I hate Arsenal but that is a ridiculous decision
You Can’t be sent off for the striker clipping you
He didn’t even go for the tackle
He pulled out of the tackle,how VAR can’t overturn that I don’t understand?
He's impeded the attacker, he's let the forward get goal side of him and clipped him as he's taken the shot, at worst it's attempted clever fouling at best it's really poor positioning. It's a penalty. 2 years ago nobody would've ever questioned this. VAR makes people want to question even the most obvious decisions, like the foul Fabinho committed on Cavani in the cup tie that led to our goal. I'd be absolutely seething if one of our players got taken down like that through on goal.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Precisely.

You just know what he’s going to say regardless if it’s correct or not. Whatever the ref gives, it’s always the correct call even if it’s blatantly not.
TBF at PSG in the UCL he said it was a pen for handball before the red gave it

Classical Mechanic

Why the feck do they keep asking Peter Walton his opinion on key refereeing decisions in a match when you know he’s always going to side with the official?

Our game against Sheffield Utd last week is a prime example.
He didn’t side with the ref on the City offside that other week, so that shows how bad that decision was.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thought Partey was pretty weak against us too.
He doesn't have a partner that complements him. Partey's not always positionally disciplined anchor man. He's more of a destroyer who's at his best alongside someone more positionally disciplined (Saul at Atletico, for example). Xhaka isn't that, and it tends to show in situations like these or in their last match against us.

Anyways, that Joao Moutinho goal is great, but you can tell that the team wasn't feeling confident in their defending at that moment.

dev1l

Great goal but he should have been closed down. Too much time on the ball

Redfrog

Typical Arse to be in this situation. Perfect bottle job. We are getting our Arse back !

James Peril

"It's accidental". :lol: So fecking what? He touches him in full sprint, falls over himself because of it which makes it obvious there was contact and he denies Wolves a clear goal-scoring opportunity. Clear pen, clear red all day.
The only thing worth a green laughing emoji is the fact you still believe a «clear-scoring opportunity» is a red card no matter what. That rule was removed ages ago, it’s now about making a legitimate attempt for the ball.... if you do, you escape a red card. For Luiz it’s more complicated as he isn’t even trying to clip the player, at least that’s my impression of it. He’s unlucky he graces the player whilst getting the same punishment as fly-kicking him into back of the knees.

slored1

Wolves are the luckiest team I've ever seen. Literally only score worldies or pens.