Premier League Gameweek 23-24

saivet

Wasn't the rule that if there's a pen, the red should only be for exeptional violence or something like that?
Denying a goal scoring opportunity with no intention of playing the ball is a straight red. If it was deemed as being an honest attempt to win the ball it would have been a yellow, but seemed clear enough he was just trying to take Abraham down.

Jerzol78

I don't understand why was it red. For some time when there is a pen caused by a foul where a player tries to tackle, it should be a yellow and a pen. I while a bit clumsy, Luiz generally tried to tackle there.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yeah that's what I thought, the double jeopardy rule changed.

They said if it was a genuine attempt at a tackle (Which it was) then it's just a yellow. He's not gone and wiped him out with no attempt.

Crap rule.
There was no attempt to win the ball. He just hacked him down from behind.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There was no attempt to win the ball. He just hacked him down from behind.
rubbish :lol: he was chasing him back from behind him and tried to get around him, and unsurprisingly the striker hit the deck as soon as he felt any pressure.

saivet

rubbish :lol: he was chasing him back from behind him and tried to get around him, and unsurprisingly the striker hit the deck as soon as he felt any pressure.
He made a tackle from a position where there was no chance of him winning the ball

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If you say so.

Hope it gets overturned .....nah feck him

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Mustafi is one of the worst players we have ever signed.

Wish we could fire him into the sun.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Dont know why so many keepers haven't sussed out Jorginho's pens yet. It's clever, but he just stabs the ball quickly to either side after the hop, Leno moved to the correct side but slightly not quick enough, probably the closest I've seen from all keepers facing them though.

Nick7

I think the red was fair. Luiz was pushing him before even near having a chance to make an effort for the ball

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He made a tackle from a position where there was no chance of him winning the ball
A small chance, but it doesn't mean it wasn't a fair attempt at trying. In his situation what else can he do? Just let Abraham roll the ball into the net without trying?

Yes it was clumsy attempt but a red for that is a joke. Way too harsh.

Walters_19_MuFc

People were turning up their nose at Calvert-Lewin but that's his 10th goal of the season. Pretty decent. Proper target man, too.

DRM

I thought Micky Arteta was the next pep guardiola??

DRM

Soton are in great form since the Leicester drubbing