Premier League Gameweek 23-24

saivet

A small chance, but it doesn't mean it wasn't a fair attempt at trying. In his situation what else can he do? Just let Abraham roll the ball into the net without trying?

Yes it was clumsy attempt but a red for that is a joke. Way too harsh.
In such a scenario, he basically just shouldn't lunge in and hope his pressure puts him off or Mustafi clears it off the line.

To me it looked like Luiz thought he could just take him out and play the percentages hoping the ref thought he was making a genuine attempt to win the ball. He even pointed to the goal to indicate that it was an open goal, so I think he knew what he was doing.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
fecksake McBurnie you pillock. Probs offside but still get on the end of it.

Edit: Aguero gets the similar chance and scores.

saivet

Great assist from KDB.

Big miss from McBurnine before but I think he was just offside anyway.

Nick7

In such a scenario, he basically just shouldn't lunge in and hope his pressure puts him off or Mustafi clears it off the line.

To me it looked like Luiz thought he could just take him out and play the percentages hoping the ref thought he was making a genuine attempt to win the ball. He even pointed to the goal to indicate that it was an open goal, so I think he knew what he was doing.
I agree, but I think he was pointing at Mustafi to say “I wasn’t the last man back”

HJ12

Great assist from KDB.

Big miss from McBurnine before but I think he was just offside anyway.
Those hard, low crosses he puts in from out wide are on another level. And he does it so often.

Classical Mechanic

Another Arteta masterclass, 0 attempts in the first half, actually played better with 10 because they could settle into a low block. He really is defining an impotent style of football.