Premier League Gameweek 23

JSArsenal

You are speaking on behalf of Grealish. But hypothetically if Grealish doesn't agree to rotate then he will not come to united. As simple as that.
Which footballer agrees to be a rotation player? I mean they might think in the back of their heads that they may not play much but these guys are egocentric athletes who made it to the top of their profession ahead of all of their mates. At worst they think "Well maybe if so and so gets injured and I get a chance to start and show what I can do, the gaffer will have to pick me every week."

You think Van de Beek agreed to come to United as a bench player?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Which footballer agrees to be a rotation player? I mean they might think in the back of their heads that they may not play much but these guys are egocentric athletes who made it to the top of their profession ahead of all of their mates. At worst they think "Well maybe if so and so gets injured and I get a chance to start and show what I can do, the gaffer will have to pick me every week."

I personally think VDB came under the pretence that Pogba was going to be sold and then COVID changed everything.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'd have him over Rashford LW, no two ways about it but we need a CB, CDM first and if we had him we'd no doubt want a better CF. He does not get in ahead of Bruno though.
Definitely, we have higher priorities, but I suppose sometimes you have to get the players out of order.
I doubt we'll ever bring him in, as like Zaha he's trapped himself where he is. He'd take at least 80m, which in covid times is not something many, if any will go for.

Grealish v Bruno in terms of quality is quite a hard debate I think. But as we have Bruno, clearly we'd not play Grealish there.

Shark

@NotShark
As much as I love to take the piss out of the fee Arse forked out for Pepe, I do think there's still a player in him.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Some of the fouls / bookings this season have to be half attributable to crowds not being there and the training ground feel.

Just yelp and you get 80% of them.

Tony247

You think Ole gave him guarantee of starting 11 before he joined?

He is on bench more than we all desire because he is not performing at the standard required. Otherwise he would be rotating more frequently. Like how we rotate between fred, McT and Matic.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Definitely, we have higher priorities, but I suppose sometimes you have to get the players out of order.
I doubt we'll ever bring him in, as like Zaha he's trapped himself where he is. He'd take at least 80m, which in covid times is not something many, if any will go for.

Grealish v Bruno in terms of quality is quite a hard debate I think. But as we have Bruno, clearly we'd not play Grealish there.
Agree you buy players when you can, but the right wing situation has been neglected so long it's crazy- five managers now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Villa wont win this. They're sitting further back now. Arsenal have control.

Tony247

Agree you buy players when you can, but the right wing situation has been neglected so long it's crazy- five managers now.
Yeh. Considering limited financial power due to pandemic I don't think united will go for Grealish, but instead use that money on striker or RW. Unfortunate but I will take that.

Tony247

I think more intelligent midfield can get Villa. They are constantly challenging arsenal only to find themselves out of position.

hubbuh

Saka has got so much potential. He's already really good. Promising for England with so many attacking players coming through.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Saka has got so much potential. He's already really good. Promising for England with so many attacking players coming through.
I'm a Welshman who doesn't mind the England Football team (rugby a different story) - but yes, your England team definitely shaping up with a decent starting line up and back up options. Some talented players going to left out this Summer.

JSArsenal

You think Ole gave him guarantee of starting 11 before he joined?

He is on bench more than we all desire because he is not performing at the standard required. Otherwise he would be rotating more frequently. Like how we rotate between fred, McT and Matic.
I don't think any manager guarantees starting 11. At best a manager might say "You will be an important member of my team". If he speaks to the player at all before he joins.

You'd have to be a player seriously lacking in ambition or at the end of your career or a goalkeeper to go to a club where you know you'll be a back up and settle for that for the duration of your contract.

There's a difference between trying and not being good enough to displace the first choice and being good enough to do so, not getting a chance and staying anyway.

Castia

Imagine how gutted Partey must be....Ath Madrid have dominated La Liga this season whilst he’s had a terrible time with injuries at a struggling Arsenal.

hubbuh

I'm a Welshman who doesn't mind the England Football team (rugby a different story) - but yes, your England team definitely shaping up with a decent starting line up and back up options. Some talented players going to left out this Summer.
Not convinced Southgate is the man to make the most of it sadly. Also stuck with Pickford in goal which doesn't bode well.