Premier League Gameweek 23

Mike Smalling

I feel like Villa are not getting Grealish involved as much as they should, when he is on the left. He is hardly ever on the ball.

saivet

That not a red?
I don't think so. Saka would still
had a lot to do, was quite deep, out wide and I think Cash would have got back to at least be in a position to influence things. Not a clear goal scoring opportunity.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
A move that makes sense. That's not a reason for us to buy him.
Spurs only if they change the manager, Arsenal just think Villa are not much different. Either of those teams could miss out on Europe. Think he would CL football. If they are EL teams then he might achieve that anyway this season with Villa.

bsCallout

Spurs only if they change the manager, Arsenal just think Villa are not much different. Either of those teams could miss out on Europe. Think he would CL football. If they are EL teams then he might achieve that anyway this season with Villa.
I get all that, but why does that mean we SHOULD buy him? Who are people saying he replaces?

Tony247

But you're talking about a player that would demand to start wherever he goes and would cost a lot. Liverpool have never had a player close to his level as back up to their front three, neither have City.
Man City and Chelsea have more than 11 players who demand a start every match. Check previous dominating teams, they all had more than 11.

You simply cannot challenge 4 competitions with 11 good players. Pogba is excellent starting from deep but we are too thin in final third. Either get Sancho or Grealish. Either will do. Since we have Diallo I am bit leaning towards Grealish.

But anyway OT here.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I get all that, but why does that mean we SHOULD buy him? Who are people saying he replaces?
Think Grealish needs to get realistic. If he wants a big club, then they have big squads and rotate. If he wants to be a constant starter he will go to a team who can offer that but might not fulfill his ambitions.

bsCallout

Man City and Chelsea have more than 11 players who demand a start every match. Check previous dominating teams, they all had more than 11.

You simply cannot challenge 4 competitions with 11 good players. Pogba is excellent starting from deep but we are too thin in final third. Either get Sancho or Grealish. Either will do. Since we have Diallo I am bit leaning towards Grealish.

But anyway OT here.
You get Sancho because you can easily argue that he starts RW and it's a position we've needed for years. Show me any of those dominant teams that had a player of the quality of Grealish on the bench?

So who does Grealish replace? We're going to spend a lot of money on Grealish, when we have other urgent positions, so he must be a starter, so who for?

You keep saying 11 players as if we only have 11 good players and as if you need a back up the quality of Grealish on the bench, you don't.

bsCallout

Think Grealish needs to get realistic. If he wants a big club, then they have big squads and rotate. If he wants to be a constant starter he will go to a team who can offer that but might not fulfill his ambitions.
There is not a single forward at any of the top clubs that would accept being a regular sub, so why would Grealish?

Tony247

You get Sancho because you can easily argue that he starts RW and it's a position we've needed for years. Show me any of those dominant teams that had a player of the quality of Grealish on the bench?

So who does Grealish replace? We're going to spend a lot of money on Grealish, when we have other urgent positions, so he must be a starter, so who for?

You keep saying 11 players as if we only have 11 good players and as if you need a back up the quality of Grealish on the bench, you don't.
You are circling on word replace, I am on rotate. How can we convince each other?

Tony247

Grealish won't accept being a sub. Players of that quality aren't regularly subs.
You are speaking on behalf of Grealish. But hypothetically if Grealish doesn't agree to rotate then he will not come to united. As simple as that.

M Bison

Supports
York City
We need a CB & CDM well before getting a LW. The only way he comes is if he starts, so who is he replacing?
Bruno aside, he could replace any of forwards at the moment and that’s the point for me, he would ease the pressure on our team as we’d have options, even Bruno who we can’t afford to leave out.

bsCallout

Pogba obviously. Both primarily attacking mids. Might force Ole to drop one of McTom or Fred but that's not a bad thing
Pogba doesn't play AM for us. We could not afford to play another player as attacking as Grealish, we are defensively vulnerable as it is. We urgently need a CB & CDM, so Grealish is well down on priorities and at 60m + I'm not sure that is ever happening.

bsCallout

You are speaking on behalf of Grealish. But hypothetically if Grealish doesn't agree to rotate then he will not come to united. As simple as that.
Exactly, because it doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense for us to spend that money on a back up, nor for him to join as a rotation player. Does he support United? That is the only reason he'd accept those less than favourable conditions.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Bellerin's haircut as actually worse than Grealish's. Didnt think it was possible.
His long hair was awesome imo. Looked good with a skinhead too. I don’t know what he’s going for at the moment. It’s like he’s trying to have curtains without letting it grow out enough like every 12 year old in England was doing after Beckham lobbed Sullivan.

bsCallout

Bruno aside, he could replace any of forwards at the moment and that’s the point for me, he would ease the pressure on our team as we’d have options, even Bruno who we can’t afford to leave out.
Yes but we urgently need other positions that cost a lot, so unless he is a starter then it doesn't make any sense, for anyone. Now no one has said that he replaces Rashford, if they did then I'd get it.

red4ever 79

Pogba doesn't play AM for us. We could not afford to play another player as attacking as Grealish, we are defensively vulnerable as it is. We urgently need a CB & CDM, so Grealish is well down on priorities and at 60m + I'm not sure that is ever happening.
Look i have just said it would require a slight tweak of the formation. Pogba is going this summer. Mata's contract is ending this summer. Matic looks like he is on the way. We wouldnt lost 3 midfielders and not bring someone one. Whether that would be Grealish I dont know. You asked a question and I gave an answer. I agree a CB, CDM are a priority, but so is ST and RW.

bsCallout

Look i have just said it would require a slight tweak of the formation. Pogba is going this summer. Mata's contract is ending this summer. Matic looks like he is on the way. We wouldnt lost 3 midfielders and not bring someone one. Whether that would be Grealish I dont know. You asked a question and I gave an answer. I agree a CB, CDM are a priority, but so is ST and RW.
Yes but you say tweak the formation. So what is the formation and who is playing where?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Did Crouchy just say "Look at how pedantic" something was, when he probably meant pedestrian!

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Dunno how some of ye dont rate Grealish. He is a greasy prick, who I really dont want to rate. The cnut is a footballer though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I feel like Villa are not getting Grealish involved as much as they should, when he is on the left. He is hardly ever on the ball.
Very unusual by Villa standards. He normally has a huge impact on almost every game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To ask a different question, which players in our squad are better than Grealish?

He's top quality.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Dunno how some of ye dont rate Grealish. He is a greasy prick, who I really dont want to rate. The cnut is a footballer though.
Baffling really.
I'm not sure in terms of being a pure footballer, if there's many, if any better in the league.

Sylar

Well worked corner
Shame about the finish by Barkley

hubbuh

Why on earth would Grealish be rotated? In the same way that Maguire and Bruno are immune from it, Grealish would be an automatic starter.

bsCallout

To ask a different question, which players in our squad are better than Grealish?

He's top quality.
I'd have him over Rashford LW, no two ways about it but we need a CB, CDM first and if we had him we'd no doubt want a better CF. He does not get in ahead of Bruno though.