Premier League Gameweek 24+25

GMoore23

That's why City need a top CF. If they get Haaland they'll be invincible.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
0 shots, 33% possession. This is dreadful.

Deery

Dreary
City are winning this like, just going to walk the league this year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Grealish's first touch there was dreadful. This guy is out of his depth in this team
It's quite disturbing how a guy who absolutely glided past opponents all season for Villa looks nothing like the same player here.

While it's very easy to stand out when everyone is much less good than you, like at Villa, you'd also expect that teams would double up on you, so he should have more space to do his thing at City and thus look better?

Idxomer

Poor game, football is in decline if that's what the best league and two teams in the world could offer.

arnie_ni

Just seen kepas save. That with the knowledge of the law to play kane offside the other night, there might be a keeper there uno

TheLord

What a great side this City is! If they are able to get a proper number 9, they will walk the League again next year!

Never seen such domination of Chelsea in all areas of the pitch this season. They've barely had a sniff - not a single shot in the entire first half.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That ship has sailed. Aren’t you tired of City being your daddy and owning the city?
You've been around this forum long enough to know the answer to this.

City success is annoying but artificial. And doesn't really matter if it's not us winning something.
Liverpool winning is disastrous.

arnie_ni

Was there ever really a 'cull'? All the shit ones are still here.
There definitely was. I think most of the others are alright in the main. This dude is insufferable and is always questioning why we want City to beat Liverpool Chelsea ares spurs and the like when it's rathe obvious

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We’ve got more trophies than them last time I checked.
Steady pal...remember the cautionary tale of our fans taunting them about no trophies in XXX years?

There's every chance they'll get to 21 leagues before we do the way things are going.

I seem to remember Liverpool saying come back when you've won (however many it was at the time). These things do not age well.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That ship has sailed. Aren’t you tired of City being your daddy and owning the city?
City could win 100 trebles and I'd still prefer that to Liverpool winning the title.

RooneyLegend

Poor game, football is in decline if that's what the best league and two teams in the world could offer.
Too much work rate and not enough technical quality on show. Not that I think they're mutually exclusive.

arnie_ni

At no point in his career has he been the best player in the league
Who was better last season? He was phenomenal for villa last year. I think he was the best player last season. Not thee best player

Nogbadthebad

It's quite disturbing how a guy who absolutely glided past opponents all season for Villa looks nothing like the same player here.

While it's very easy to stand out when everyone is much less good than you, like at Villa, you'd also expect that teams would double up on you, so he should have more space to do his thing at City and thus look better?
At Villa opposing teams were mostly on the front foot all game, which leaves space for him to receive the ball. He normally operated from the halfway line and was the outlet to push further forwards.

That usually means getting the ball under little pressure, then falling down to win a foul as soon as anyone breathed on him.

It ruins things for a team that plays possession and fast transitions, like city.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Total domination from City, making Chelsea look like a farmers's team from a farmers league.

Another season walking the league.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Same could be said about Sancho tbh

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sub in Werner for Lukaku and let's run in behind these feckers. They're far too comfortable defending on the halfway line.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Any reason why Mount and Kai didn't start? At least they'll be good options off the bench.
Mount has been poor lately. He needs a rest now and then and to be dropped when deserved. Got too much leeway under Frank.

Im a huge Kai fan, id bring him on before 75mins.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It’s really difficult to counter attack against City. If you beat their press, they foul you and get away without a booking.

The exact same thing happened between Kovacic and Foden. Kovacic booked, Foden let off with a warning.

You could go through our match thread every time we play City and it’s the exact same complaints. It’s a fecking joke.

In the second half we need changes. Ziyech needs taken off ASAP.

Woodenlung

I hate saying this, but City on the pitch are everything we should aspire to be. They're utterly comfortable at rotating the ball side to side, making progressive passes and simply keeping hold of it for minutes at a time. Compare that to United who can't keep the ball for longer than three passes. They're also hard working out if possession and generally win the ball back quickly to counterattack.

They've not created many chances yet, but they're ultra comfortable because they've not allowed Chelsea to have any possession in dangerous areas.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I’d be tempted to take off Lukaku and Ziyech for Werner and Mount.