Premier League Gameweek 24

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Hopeless task chasing this City team.

Effortlessly winning every game without their best player.
Aye, there's no stopping this City side. They'll go on to win this game comfortably.

Another nail in the coffin for Jose.

Machine Elements

The number of brainless players in this Spurs team is astonishing. Especially in their back 5 + dms + Lamela. Jose being happy with that (when those players form his bus) is even more astonishing.

Sylar

Honestly, this to me looks more like a foul on Hojberg rather then by him.
I agree, I'm not sure how var can have this replay and be sure that gundogan was fouled. This replay makes it clear and obvious it's the other way

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Outstanding defending by Sanchez there.

Bobade

Spurs look so poor here, particularly going forward. It is hard to see what their actual game plan is.

Bobade

Why has VAR not overruled that? In one replay it’s pretty clear it’s not a pen. Sometimes I wonder what the VAR refs actually see.

From the commentary, you'd have thought he had slid straight through him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Reckless two footed lunge on Jesus, then cuffed him around the head straight after being warned by the ref a minute ago.
He got the ball in that challenge and the the ref basically let him get fouled by Jesus and then have a foul against him for nothing.

Personally i think it makes a nice change to see a player actually show a bit of passion for the team.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs are such a nothing boring team. Dreadful. Hugo Howler is always good for a laugh though. He makes mistakes in every big game and was absolutely dreadful at the penalty. The French Kepa.

KwokSF

Did Lamela get a yellow? The ref is very lenient on him tbh

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I like Nick Pope, and he is a fantastic goalkeeper, but one thing that worries me about him potentially playing away from Burnley is that whenever I watch them play, all the shots against them always seem to be straight at him.
And that is a bad thing. Is it not because of his positioning.

KwokSF

Aye, there's no stopping this City side. They'll go on to win this game comfortably.

I doubt losing to city matters much to spurs managemt in terms of whether to sack Jose. Most teams lose to city anyway. Not getting anybsilverware and top 4 is bigger worry for them

Longshanks

It should have been a free kick for Højbjerg. Gündogan steps on Højberg first. A clear, clear free kick for Højbjerg. VAR is rubbish
I don't think it's either, the only reason there is contact is because gundogan tried to step on the ball made a mess of it and lost balance which is why he plants his standing leg, it's what I would call a coming together, not a foul either way should of just been a corner IMHO.

A frustration of modern football that any kind of contact is now called a foul.

tomaldinho1

They've had one shot on target, which was a peno and Lloris should really have saved it. They are levels below where they were a couple of seasons ago, Spurs are so deep City can just do what they want with the ball in their half - don't give up hope of Jose nicking some points off them unless they score a second.

James35

I just hope City fail in Europe because I think they will clean up domestically. Can't have those cnuts doing a treble.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He got the ball in that challenge and the the ref basically let him get fouled by Jesus and then have a foul against him for nothing.

Personally i think it makes a nice change to see a player actually show a bit of passion for the team.
Apparently these days getting the ball means very little.

For example see the Shaw yellow versus Burnley I think? When the entire punditry team were screaming for shaw to be sent off.

KwokSF

If KDB returns, maybe he will disrupt the flow of current city team, or else we are all playing for 2nd now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
City are just waiting and drawing Spurs out. This match is done. City will score the second and that will be that.