Premier League Gameweek 24

Yorkeontop

meonbottom

Has anybody ever bounced back from this kind of dry spell to become a goalscorer of note in the EPL? Not like Forlan because he left the EPL.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

Has anybody ever bounced back from this kind of dry spell to become a goalscorer of note in the EPL? Not like Forlan because he left the EPL.
Not in Werner territory but didn’t it take Crouch eons to score his first goal for Liverpool? He did relatively okay afterward, but again, admittedly, not in Werner’s class of striker.

Edit: Just checked. It took Crouch 18 games to score his first goal for Liverpool. :wenger:

ShareEndorphins

Supports
Chelsea
Unnatural?! Come on he wanted to get ahead and protect the ball because Tammy knew he had the better position, but it is his fault he got fauled?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If we don’t beat these next week then Phelan has to be sacked. Sheff United, West Brom and Newcastle are absolute shite. No way can we fail to beat any of them.

Deery

Dreary
Liking the intensity of how Chelsea are looking to win the ball back similar to the old Barca team under Pep..

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
I just hope this doesn't lead to Newcastle sacking Bruce, and them getting a little new manager bounce next week...

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Not in Werner territory but didn’t it take Crouch eons to score his first goal for Liverpool? He did relatively okay afterward, but again, admittedly, not in Werner’s class of striker.

Edit: Just checked. It took Crouch 18 games to score his first goal for Liverpool. :wenger:
Be interesting to see what class Werner eventually ends up in.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Do you remember Crouch's first goal for us? Worst goal I've ever seen. Shot from about 20-25 yards out taking a massive deflection to lift it high into the air and then falling into the goal with Gerrard putting the keeper off.

James35

Doesn't matter how bad or good Newcastle will play, we will gift them chances.

If we don't take 3 points in this game before games away at Chelsea and City then our top 4 chances will be in serious shit.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Sadly that’s so accurate. We made WBA look like challengers
This will be the crux of it, should the unexpected occur - we're playing at 80%, maybe 90% of our peak today; any decent club that gets swindled by that will only have themselves to blame. We've no game to raise or extra gears to shift into.

That said, I don't share any fears that we'll surprise anyone at the weekend. Should be a standard walloping.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Never a penalty that. Commentator talking shit. There’s so much over analysis now. Slowing down a hand on the shoulder and making out he’s taken him out.

ShareEndorphins

Supports
Chelsea
I mean Werner was standing on one foot and he got pushed for no reason really. Why put your arm out but yeah it looked too easy.

always_hoping

That game was over as a contest at half time. Bruce objective was trying not to lose 3 or 4-0.

On Sunday they'll face a side that gifts opportunities to score so they will play the full low block and wait for those opportunities to arrive.

DavidDeSchmikes

Do you remember Crouch's first goal for us? Worst goal I've ever seen. Shot from about 20-25 yards out taking a massive deflection to lift it high into the air and then falling into the goal with Gerrard putting the keeper off.
Didn't the keeper push it into the net. It was initially awarded as an own goal

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Didn't the keeper push it into the net. It was initially awarded as an own goal
Something like that. I mean if we're being technical it was on target but it took this huge deflection up into the air and then the keeper basically fumbled it into the goal. He got given it and scored a second later in the same game. He started scoring a bit more regularly after that.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Our main focus at the moment is trying to chip away at the gap between us and City, not looking back and worrying about what's going on with Spurs. Surely that goes without saying? That doesn't mean I think we are winning the title, it's just where we're at.
I'm realistic therefore i look back to the results of Leicester, Liverpool and Chelsea (I'm not worried about West Ham).

Sylar

Doesn't matter how bad or good Newcastle will play, we will gift them chances.

If we don't take 3 points in this game before games away at Chelsea and City then our top 4 chances will be in serious shit.
We will, just hope we have a keeper in goal that decides to concentrate and not push the ball to the opposition nor stays on the line when coming out and collecting it would ease pressure

James35

We will, just hope we have a keeper in goal that decides to concentrate and not push the ball to the opposition nor stays on the line when coming out and collecting it would ease pressure
It sure would help but I'm still not convinced if we had prime Schmeichel behind Lindelof and Maguire in our zonal system, he would do much better, blatant errors of late excluded.

A top CB surely has to be brought in, if De Gea gets demoted for Henderson then that's fair enough but neither will do too well infront of our back two, they are clearly the bigger issue that needs resolving in my opinion.

Real Name

There's many people I could have addressed but I will quote you directly. My so called WUM have the following fachts:

1. In the past five games Liverpool and Utd have both scored 6 points.

2. Utd have faced: Sheff Utd, Southampton, Everton, Arsenal and WBA.

3. Liverpool have played: Spurs, West Ham, Brighton, Man City and Leicester.

Utd are ahead on points but as we have seen, things change very, very quickly. I'm not saying they will 100% but to suggest it is likely is no reason to call me a WUM.

A previous facht I was also incorrectly called out for as a WUM was at the end of last year when Utd were quite ahead of City and we were losing our first position. I said City would have no competition for the league now. Got abused but look now. City will be 10 points ahead of second place by Wednesday, in February. Quelle surprise, not.
You went full Rafa Benitez on me. :lol:
Come on man, you and me both know you like a nice wum from time to time.