Premier League Gameweek 24

Manoucha09

So what's the offside rule then? I thought if the defending player plays the ball, the offside is reset? How is that given as offside then? It's almost as if they're making it up as they go along...

Okey

Is it because there's VAR that the standard of officiating is sinking to new depths? Even with the VAR they're making heavy weather of things that are obvious after 2 seconds of viewing.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So what's the offside rule then? I thought if the defending player plays the ball, the offside is reset? How is that given as offside then? It's almost as if they're making it up as they go along...
Keeper rebounds don't reset offsides. If they did you'd have teams shooting from distance with a striker standing close to the goalie waiting for any sort of rebound.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
“Ben Johnson unrelated to the disgraced sprinter I might add!”

Good job you told us. I was thinking he might be related because everyone that has that very common name just might be...

saivet

Basham was lucky there. His swipe at the ball was probably enough to say he went for the ball but that was cynical.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
“Ben Johnson unrelated to the disgraced sprinter I might add!”

Good job you told us. I was thinking he might be related because everyone that has that very common name just might be...
Was thinking that. Likelihood of being related is the same as with any other Johnson.

Offside

1 in 3 of all of Sheffield United’s away goals this season came at OT.

Offside

How many corners do Sheffield Utd need to concede from until they decide to put a man on the post?

always_hoping

Moyes with more league points after 24 games with West Ham than he had with a defending Champion Man United team in 2014 after the same amount of games.

sugar_kane

Moyes with more league points after 24 games with West Ham than he had with a defending Champion Man United team in 2014 after the same amount of games.
That’s a pretty interesting stat

Have to say I’m happy for the guy, couldn’t stand him for years after he managed us but nice to see him showing what he’s capable of again (and he’s managed to be a lot less dislikable in that time vs Mourinho and Van Gaal)

Josh 76

We lost at home to an already relegated West Brom in 2018.
If you take everything into account. The team, the position we were in, and the importance of the game. The Sheff Utd game was much worse. The WBA game was a dead rubber.

always_hoping

Anyone else getting angry watching this ? That we couldn’t beat this team.
Didn't deserve to beat them but if the officials did their job correctly Man United would have won.

Under Solskjaer United have lost more league games against sides in the relegation zone (4) than sides in the top 4 (2)

A stat worth considering when United play Fulham in May.