Premier League Gameweek 24

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
It's depressing how despite having a relatively mediocre season City will probably still win the league.
I hate to say but the EPL has become the Bundesliga, with Man City as the Bayern equivalent. While I'd obviously love to see Arsenal win the league, I think it is a pretty safe bet that City will win again. I've seen enough of Arsenal (and Liverpool) this campaign and I don't think they have complete enough squads to compete with City, especially now that they are back to full health. I would not be surprised if City go unbeaten the rest of the way.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I hate to say but the EPL has become the Bundesliga, with Man City as the Bayern equivalent. While I'd obviously love to see Arsenal win the league, I think it is a pretty safe bet that City will win again. I've seen enough of Arsenal (and Liverpool) this campaign and I don't think they have complete enough squads to compete with City, especially now that they are back to full health. I would not be surprised if City go unbeaten the rest of the way.
But, but United of the 90's/00's.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
My second-favourite ever O’Shea goal in front of the Kop. :drool:
I remember being in California that day.... about 6am but the whole hotel got a wake-up call from my room as I ran around screaming like a lunatic

90 + 5min

Not just offside. That was some freekick for Burnely. McCallister could have broke a Burnley players leg there.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
how in the everloving feck is that goal allowed? macallister with a wild swing completely ignored?

what???

OldSchoolManc

LiVARpool favoured yet again when fouling a defender in the build up and it’s ignored.
Recent reports of Liverpool being badly done by VAR are blatantly bollox to anyone with eyes

padr81

Supports
Man City
That looked a clear foul by McAllister, guess the goal stood because the ball was already played but thats a free out 99.99% of the time

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Typical case of referees not giving a decision because the player didn't roll around on the floor. I can't believe Macallister was the one crying on the ground after kicking the Burnley player in the shin.

cyberman

Here’s what I don’t understand about offsides. The Liverpool player clearly plays it off the defender who is too close and just reacts. If he was last man he would be deemed not playing the ball on purpose so his touch wouldn’t matter.
But VAR kept pausing the video right where it hit off the Burnley player. Surely that’s not right?

mav_9me

Interesting from commentator in the Spurs Brighton game. Apparently DeZerbi is in Italy, during his 1 game touchline. Obviously I don't know the full story but thought that's weird

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Interesting from commentator in the Spurs Brighton game. Apparently DeZerbi is in Italy, during his 1 game touchline. Obviously I don't know the full story but thought that's weird
Think they said he has had dental work done or something.

GeorgieBoy

He's recovering from dental surgery apparently.

Heinzesight

If the Kop aren’t sucking the ball into the net, it’s VAR giving them a helping hand. And when I say ‘helping hand’ I mean wanking them off into oblivion. Bastards.

mu4c_20le

Brighton actually defending well. Then I remembered De Zerbi isn't on the sidelines.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Jota plays one of the worst passes you’ll ever see from a professional footballer in the build-up and Liverpool STILL end up scoring from it (via an incredible non-call on a foul from MacAllister and a deflected cross straight onto Diaz’s head, naturally).

It is incredible how effective this guy is for someone who seems to lack most of the very basics of top-level football. @Klopper76

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That looked a clear foul by McAllister, guess the goal stood because the ball was already played but thats a free out 99.99% of the time
It stood because Liverpool had one dodgy decision against them against Spurs

laughtersassassin

Absolute insanity that goal was given for Liverpool.

About 20 times more contact than Casemiro made in the Wolves game.

The refs are the ones who encourage driving as they reward it and punish players for not diving

El Zoido

PGMOL are already drafting their apology letter to Liverpool for even letting VAR look at it.

cyberman

Finish a fecking chance against Liverpool for feck sake.
beyond ridiculous.

90 + 5min

Vinny K got booked for complaining about it being allowed to stand, he shoud know better as he must be well aware that visiting sides never get anything at Anfield.
I hope that he doesn't think about fines and suspensions and that he really have a go at VAR and this decision to let the goal stand. Referees could have blown for offside and freekick that was so hard to miss. Macallister could have broken Burnley players shin with that power he tried to hit the ball.