Premier League Gameweek 25 (30th - 31st January 2018)

Luke1995

Ozil looks absolutely done with this team
Rumours are that it's more likely he's signing a new contract soon than leaving. There's not really many big clubs around europe where he would fit well now, not many play with a classic number 10.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Another win for Swansea. Carlos Carvalhal is doing a fantastic so far. 6 points against Liverpool and Arsenal. Who would have thought?
Carvajal: Arsenal are like a F1 car without a steering wheel. Looks good tilll the first corner.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Rumours are that it's more likely he's signing a new contract soon than leaving. There's not really many big clubs around europe where he would fit well now, not many play with a classic number 10.
I can't see why he would wish to stay there, what is in it for him to do so??

A bigger pay packet I suppose, but apart from that why would he stay (and also Wilshire)??

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Arsenal and Liverpool make the same mistakes every year losing to the shite teams. Both lost to Swansea in the past 8 days. They both have selling their best players on a regular basis to thank for their lengthy league title droughts.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
He will sign. He’s comfortable in London living at his mansion that he flaunts on YouTube and other social platforms at least once a week.

He’s the star man are Arsenal, he will not be the star at any other club that is rumoured to sign him.

Luke1995

I can't see why he would wish to stay there, what is in it for him to do so??

A bigger pay packet I suppose, but apart from that why would he stay (and also Wilshire)??
Well, London is a great city to live, his family might be happy there, who knows. There are outside of the pitch stuff which goes into consideration too. It's not like he will lose his place in the Germany squad anytime soon if he stays there also.

Canagel

Swansea manager - "We're not in intensive care anymore." :lol: He's got some really good terminology to describe football.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Well, London is a great city to live, his family might be happy there, who knows. There are outside of the pitch stuff which goes into consideration too. It's not like he will lose his place in the Germany squad anytime soon if he stays there also.
Not having lived on London, I will take your word for it being a great place to live!

As for losing his place in the German team, I think that if Arsenal continue to be as rubbish as they currently are, then he could very well get dropped, there are plenty of exciting younger players in his position that could take over from him.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Not having lived on London, I will take your word for it being a great place to live!

As for losing his place in the German team, I think that if Arsenal continue to be as rubbish as they currently are, then he could very well get dropped, there are plenty of exciting younger players in his position that could take over from him.
He's pivotal to Germany and is highly rated over there.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
He's pivotal to Germany and is highly rated over there.
He might be pivotal at the moment, but if Arsenal continue down their current path of regression, then I wouldn't be so sure about his place in the team.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Carvalhal doing a great job so far with Swansea, don't know if it is too late for them and if he has enough players to compete at this level, but so far so good, nice chap too. :D

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
He might be pivotal at the moment, but if Arsenal continue down their current path of regression, then I wouldn't be so sure about his place in the team.
no he is pretty much first name on sheet. He just brings the glue to keep all those exciting talents together. No one else like him there.

As for the game, im glad i missed it to go watch mazerunner. Sounds like it was comedy gold hitting new heights in defence, though our form away to swansea has been poor since they came up to the pl, so not that surprising in hindsight.

AlwaysRed66

Anyone else think the three promoted sides are going down. Got poor attacking options & run by negative managers, who for some reason keep getting praised in the media, & one in particular by delusional Newcastle fans.

Fingeredmouse

no he is pretty much first name on sheet. He just brings the glue to keep all those exciting talents together. No one else like him there.

As for the game, im glad i missed it to go watch mazerunner. Sounds like it was comedy gold hitting new heights in defence, though our form away to swansea has been poor since they came up to the pl, so not that surprising in hindsight.
Having seen the Mazerunner movie, that's quite an extreme claim.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Having seen the Mazerunner movie, that's quite an extreme claim.
it was alright to be honest, preferred the previous ones but had to complete the trilogy. Besides im not that annoyed at all for a change since i didn't waste 90 mins of my life on a shitshow. That's got to count for something.

Luke1995

Well, I never lived in London too :lol: but if he didn't like it he would have left already. Yeah, but he always perform for Germany, he could start playing poorly at Arsenal and still do the bussiness for them. True though, they are full of youth talents waiting in the wings.

ti vu

They need a whole back 4 and a goalkeeper. Yet they bought Lacazette and are now buying another striker.
TBF, they do need a starting forward. Problem with Arsenal is they don't try to complete the team, but wait for another problem pop up before working on old issue. Sign of sinking ship

Last edited:

Kapardin

Arsenal has an average of 1 point per away game this season (13p in 13 games with 15 goals scored and 21 conceded).

I feel sorry for Mkhitaryan - not the best debut when the opposition scores to 2-1 the min you are subbed on - but worse he must really feel his career has taken a massive step down.

Looking forward to ArsenalFamTV
He's back at the same level as he was with Dortmund. If anything, it was his fault, as Raiola got him a lucrative contract at a big club like ours, and he bottled it for himself by not living up to expectations. He cannot blame anyone else.

Still, once Arsenal get a new manager, I figure they will do better and he may benefit in the next year or two.

Full bodied red

He's back at the same level as he was with Dortmund. If anything, it was his fault, as Raiola got him a lucrative contract at a big club like ours, and he bottled it for himself by not living up to expectations. He cannot blame anyone else.

Still, once Arsenal get a new manager, I figure they will do better and he may benefit in the next year or two.

Always believed that Mkhitaryan was just blackmail from Raiola when we wanted to sign Pogba.

Still...Seems like a nice guy, a decent player, and wish him the Best of Luck at Arsenal and hope that his 18 months at OT hasn't ruined the rest of his career

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"

Where does this notion that they will get better with a new manager come from?
They are in a huge mess both on the pitch and off of it.
I just don't think it is as simple as getting a new manager in, and hey presto, they will be back challenging for a title again at all.

They have lots of areas where they need to improve, and it will take a lot of money and effort to do so, which I really doubt that any new manager will be able to do so.

Jan 31st fixtures line-ups

Sandyman

Chelsea vs Bournemouth

Everton vs Leicester

Seamus Coleman starts!

Newcastle vs Burnley

Southampton vs Brighton

Sandyman

Man City vs West Brom
Laporte starts!

Stoke vs Watford

Spurs vs Man Utd