Premier League Gameweek 25

The worst part of how good Barnes, Grealish and Maddison are is that they're all big United fans. Maddison's dad still has a United season ticket.

Back in the Fergie days, with our financial superiority and focus on young English talents, we'd 100% have been bullying our way to signing all 3 of them.

bsCallout

Kante covers so much ground, whereas Makelele was all about that positional discipline in front of the back four.

I think they are both defensive midfield players but in totally different moulds.

Similarly, I would call Carrick and Busquets defensive midfielders, but nothing like the aforementioned names.
Yes, that's fair. I feel like Kante at Leicester was more like Makelele though.

It is important to distinguish the type of CDM because it changes the dynamic of a team a lot.

Classical Mechanic

The worst part of how good Barnes, Grealish and Maddison are is that they're all big United fans. Maddison's dad still has a United season ticket.

Back in the Fergie days, with our financial superiority and focus on young English talents, we'd 100% have been bullying our way to signing all 3 of them.
Barnes is from Burnley so we should have been a more logical academy for him to join. We must have missed him.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Good news for England though. Nice rest and then he has time to play himself into peak condition again before the Euros.
It is. I just don't trust Southgate at times and picking squads. Jack has to be in. Who the hell thinks it is a good idea to have internationals in March, in a overcrowded season, in the middle of a pandemic?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I was always under the impression Grealish was a massive Villa fan. Is he just a really loyal player?

Classical Mechanic

It is. I just don't trust Southgate at times and picking squads. Jack has to be in. Who the hell thinks it is a good idea to have internationals in March, in a overcrowded season, in the middle of a pandemic?
Grealish will be in no doubt. I think the break is going ahead because it’s the last chance for managers to work with their squads before the Euros.

I was always under the impression Grealish was a massive Villa fan. Is he just a really loyal player?
Grealish is a boyhood Villa fan for sure.
I'm not so sure. Might be a bit of hype like the 'boyhood Liverpool fan' Carragher stuff, until it came out that he supported Everton as a kid.

Let's say Grealish has definitely got a lot of tweets in support of us, he came out after he scored against us and said that he'd always dreamed of scoring at Old Trafford, he's said that Old Trafford is his favourite ground. Quite a few different things.

Also this Times article that reemerged last summer, when he was linked with us, from a 2003 profile on Villa's academy.

Last edited:

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Terrible 2nd half of football. 4 defensive midfielders on, inviting pressure and still Villa didn’t offer much.

Bertie Wooster

Bugger.
I've spent both matches pleading for a last minute equaliser and not getting one. No doubt setting it up perfectly for an injury time equaliser for Newcastle tonight. :(

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Where’s Gundogan playing with KDB back?

Is he still playing in an advanced role or has he been pushed back?

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Where’s Gundogan playing with KDB back?

Is he still playing in an advanced role or has he been pushed back?
they shouldnt cross into each others space anyway
gundogan has played on the left side of midfield breaking into the box
whereas de bryune stays on the right side where he crosses from usually from deeper than the byline

always_hoping

Arsenal will be pummelled senseless. They won't even try to beat City
Arsenal have lost their last 7 league matches in a row against City. And Arsenal have failed to score in their last 3 home games against City.

Don't see any different today.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Think we are going to get battered today. Would like to be optimistic but I think City will just high press our midfield into oblivion.