Premier League Gameweek 25

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Is that the curly haired jesus who used to be at Everton?

He's somehow got an even shitter haircut now.
Him squaring up to the Brighton keeper with his own Lloyd Christmas hairdo did make me briefly question what decade it was.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Could really do with Utd knackering Luton tonight (we play them on Wed). We need Utd continuing their top four hopes for when they come up against Arsenal and City.

Shame really as I would have enjoyed a Luton win today. :angel:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Could really do with Utd knackering Luton tonight (we play them on Wed). We need Utd continuing their top four hopes for when they come up against Arsenal and City.

Go away StupidStar

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I have a feeling United will win this...

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
This should be an enjoyable watch. Last match of the weekend and does not affect us at all.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Will Casemiro come off at half time? Seems like a dead man walking.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Loved watching that half.

Luton are a real throwback with their direct play, remind me of that Stoke team under Pulis. Hope they stay up as they certainly add an interesting quality to the sometimes sterile life of the premier league.

They didn't really believe in first two months of the prem they belonged at this level but since getting that draw v Liverpool they've been competitive in every single match they've played and look like they can score 2 or 3 goals every time they play which is some credit given their resources.

Man. United aren't really fancying it in midfield, lost endless 50/50s. This is certainly a game to put McTominay on a bit earlier than last week, maybe Eriksen aswell to calm things down late on with his passing and composure.

Casemiro was unlucky to get booked last week but that was a clear yellow and he's throwing a strop about it?

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Was a good game. Luton needed a bit more quality on the crosses but a great effort from them. Their midfield certainly had the better of it. Man Utd had a few chances to put it away themselves. That Garnacho one in particular.

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
United are still a counter-attacking team. As long as they get space, they play some good football. Could have scored 5-6 today. At the same time they cannot control games even against relegation threatened teams. If United want to challenge for the title, they´ll have to change a lot of the team to play a more possession based game. if they are fine challenging for top 4 they can probably do it with his set-up and coach.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was a good game. Luton needed a bit more quality on the crosses but a great effort from them. Their midfield certainly had the better of it. Man Utd had a few chances to put it away themselves. That Garnacho one in particular.
Lokonga looking much better now. Never going to make it at Arsenal but would be a good long term pick up for 4-5m for Luton if they stay up given his age.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
United are still a counter-attacking team. As long as they get space, they play some good football. Could have scored 5-6 today. At the same time they cannot control games even against relegation threatened teams. If United want to challenge for the title, they´ll have to change a lot of the team to play a more possession based game. if they are fine challenging for top 4 they can probably do it with his set-up and coach.
Agree completely...in order to challenge, they are going to have to revamp their midfield almost entirely, save for Mainoo. Also, I am not 100% sure I have seen how EtH wants to play it out most matches. I cannot tell the Man Utd style of play...I think it is meant to be some kind of hybrid model, but they don't seem to be too committed in transition and they are giving up too much possession.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Counter attacking style against Arsenal and City will serve them well. No point trying to experiment in those games, they'll get butchered.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

You speak like Utd don’t play Liverpool in the run in as well. :confused:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Game is too set up for us to win tonight. :nervous: don't like that feeling.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Oh shoots, they play us before they play you. :( Well we both better hope they treat City as the cup final.
'Cup final' wouldn't be the correct term to use as it's never been our biggest game of the season, however it usually is for City fans.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wharton is a top talent. Palace are going to make a lot of money from him in a couple of years.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wharton is a top talent. Palace are going to make a lot of money from him in a couple of years.
Went on a lot of Blackburn games last season, was usually the best player on the pitch by a mile.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Ashley Young needs to retire at the end of the season. Detriment to the side nowadays.

CallyRed

Great play from Palace. Didn't see that under Roy. Paddyball in force.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
God I miss Eze and Olise. Have played some neat stuff a couple of times but there’s zero intelligence in our forward line, Ayew the worst of them.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some games just feel like a chore to watch.