Premier League Gameweek 26 (3rd - 5th February 2018)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Quite conceivable that all our rivals drop points. Apart from City of course

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
City to win of course. Have no idea about the rest of the fixtures.

Very curious to see how Arsenal perform with Auba.

Fish in kettles

Supports
Man City
Expect a red card for City followed by a scrappy draw. The team are seemingly going into siege mentality regarding the physical challenges being dished out by the more agricultural teams. Think a few are on a short fuse now, KDB/Ferdi/Ottamendi or Sterling could react badly to the onslaught that will probably come.

ZAGREB RED

City only have 6 subs for their game at Burnley today. Doubt it will make any difference really.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
City only have 6 subs for their game at Burnley today. Doubt it will make any difference really.
I suspect that's Guardiola making the point "see I needed to buy players because I have injuries and a small squad".

The point he is making in reality though is "feck every single one of my youth players, I'm a cheque book manager and don't give a shit about them".

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There is no way he can't put another youngster on that bench.

Nickosaur

:lol: amazing. Any other club would have just drafted someone from the U23s. Poor Pep, give him some more money.

prath92

I suspect that's Guardiola making the point "see I needed to buy players because I have injuries and a small squad".

The point he is making in reality though is "feck every single one of my youth players, I'm a cheque book manager and don't give a shit about them".
Tbf there seems to be 3 youngsters on the bench

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Tbf there seems to be 3 youngsters on the bench
"Feck all but three of our youth players"

He's literally saying that every other youth player is not even good enough to sit on a bench.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
"Feck all but three of our youth players"

He's literally saying that every other youth player is not even good enough to sit on a bench.
The U23 had a game yesterday, they don't train with the first team and I guess even of one would have travelled, he'd be there just to make up the numbers. So I don't have an issue with that especially, but Lukas Nmecha is supposedly training with the first team already because of injuries, so it's weird not to include him. As I'm typing it, Pep just said "he's not fully fit", which is...a bit OTT.

Law's Law

Supports
Manchester City
7 injured players and 3 under 21s on the bench. Still some room for bench jokes!

freeurmind

weak willed
Every time Phil Neville is on the pre show, I switch the channel so the ratings drop so someone can fire him. Him and Sherwood are stealing a living.

FireballXL5

Every time Phil Neville is on the pre show, I switch the channel so the ratings drop so someone can fire him. Him and Sherwood are stealing a living.
I switch on about one minute before kick off precisely to miss all the guff.

freeurmind

weak willed
I switch on about one minute before kick off precisely to miss all the guff.
I think it has it's uses. When I listen to G. Nev, Carra, Roy Keane, Rio or Harry Redknapp, I feel like I actually learn something about my team. Sherwood, Phil Neville, Hargreaves and Owen make me feel like I'm getting more stupid the more I listen to them.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
7 injured players and 3 under 21s on the bench. Still some room for bench jokes!
What's the actual benefit of not putting another youngster on the bench other than making some point?

Acole9

Outstanding
With the academy City have allegedly assembled full of talent, surely there's one which can sit on the bench. No doubt the media will be calling Pep a genius if they win and praising the decision. It's not as if anyone has done it before...

Law's Law

Supports
Manchester City
So put another U21 on the bench?

Naming only six subs is just a cheap way to make a point.
Well Silva was a doubt, the reserves had a game yesterday, and the extra U21 player training with the 1st team was declared not fit. I think you are reading too much into it.

J_XO

Aubameyang will score on his debut, just like Lacazette did but nothing will change for Arsenal with the likes of Xhaka playing week in week out

prateik

Is the City squad really that depleted? Just 2 senior outfield players on the bench.? Cant make 18. What happened?

Mister_Stubbs

Is the City squad really that depleted? Just 2 senior outfield players on the bench.? Cant make 18. What happened?
No, Pep is trying to be clever after his recent moan about how his players get a kicking ever game. He could have easily named one of this great youth prospects every city fan tells us they have on the bench.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Absolute joke that Pep couldn’t have gave a youth team player the opportunity to travel with the squad today. Even if he wasn’t gonna get on
If he knew he had injuries, you pull a couple of the kids out of any U-23 game and have them on the bench. It is the sensible thing to do. Although you doubt having six subs is going to be a problem for them really.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
If he knew he had injuries, you pull a couple of the kids out of any U-23 game and have them on the bench. It is the sensible thing to do. Although you doubt having six subs is going to be a problem for them really.
Not going to be a problem but it was a great chance to give a kid an opportunity to be involved in the squad.

It’s just pep trying to make a point, the prick

Javi

At this rate Kompany is going to break the record for injury breaks caused.:lol:

Needham

Who else plays in claret and blue? If Villa get promoted that could be all 3 the top flight for the first time in a very long time.