Premier League Gameweek 26 (3rd - 5th February 2018)

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
As blatant a penalty can get. To think people are even arguing against it :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope Watford don't roll over today. They've been shite for months but Chelsea look vulnerable.
Vicarage Road better be rocking.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
As blatant a penalty can get. To think people are even arguing against it :lol:
Which one are you referring to?

Great game yesterday and I think a draw is a fair result based on the balance of play. I don't believe the first pen was the right call as Kane was offside and the Lovren touch was clearly not intentionally played back to the keeper. Weather that was enough of a touch to have played him onside is a matter of opinion. My biggest concern was the ref asking the fourth official if he saw anything on the T.V. I didn't think that was allowed. The second pen I don't know really. It looked more like Lamela jumping in front of VVD and falling over (I'm not saying there was no contact). Although in saying that, if it had happened down the other end I would be screaming for it. Wanted a win expected the draw so not overly disappointed.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Which one are you referring to?

Great game yesterday and I think a draw is a fair result based on the balance of play. I don't believe the first pen was the right call as Kane was offside and the Lovren touch was clearly not intentionally played back to the keeper. Weather that was enough of a touch to have played him onside is a matter of opinion. My biggest concern was the ref asking the fourth official if he saw anything on the T.V. I didn't think that was allowed. The second pen I don't know really. It looked more like Lamela jumping in front of VVD and falling over (I'm not saying there was no contact). Although in saying that, if it had happened down the other end I would be screaming for it. Wanted a win expected the draw so not overly disappointed.
Think it's obvious based on last few pages which one I'm referring to.
Earlier one was clear dive. Kane and ali should both be banned.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ali can't be banned as he was dealt with a booking. He would only get banned if a penalty was awarded. Think most of us were hoping he would get sent off for something, but he was actually quite subdued for him.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Sorry mate I read a few pages then skipped towards the end and read some more

Thisistheone

Cracking game, 2 brilliant goals, perfect result for us and it was definitely a pen on Lamela. Poor defending for Van Dijk to lose the header from the throw in and then swing a leg in a crowded box.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Question.

Is the Ref allowed to ask the fourth official if he saw anything on the T.V?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Question.

Is the Ref allowed to ask the fourth official if he saw anything on the T.V?
Tbh even though he asked, he said he will give penalty even before finishing that sentence.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Tbh even though he asked, he said he will give penalty even before finishing that sentence.
Last post of the day.

I know he did which kind of makes it worse. First I didn't think he was allowed to use T.V footage. I know he didn't wait but the fact that he even asked the question was wrong. Secondly if he didn't wait for the T.V confirmation then why did he give the pen when both officials are clearly heard saying neither of them are sure if Lovren touched the ball or not. The fact that he did is irrelevant. If the ref doesn't know he shouldn't give it.

@roonster09 but the linesman told him it was offside unless Lovren touched the ball the ref said he didn't know so should have given the offside. The thing is I don't really care to much about the pen as it was saved and nothing came of it. I'm more interested in the fact he asked about T.V footage regardless of whether he actually used it or not.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Last post of the day.

I know he did which kind of makes it worse. First I didn't think he was allowed to use T.V footage. I know he didn't wait but the fact that he even asked the question was wrong. Secondly if he didn't wait for the T.V confirmation then why did he give the pen when both officials are clearly heard saying neither of them are sure if Lovren touched the ball or not. The fact that he did is irrelevant. If the ref doesn't know he shouldn't give it.
Ref already gave the penalty decision, so he needed conclusive decision from linesman to overturn it, at least that's how I viewed it.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
ok then, almost perfect weekend.
Ahh that is much more like it!

It would have been excellent if Burnley could have added to their goal, but alas it was not to be, but still a draw just closes the gap a little bit more, and puts the pressure on them that bit more.

AgentP

Didn't Cahill just have a terrible game against Bournemouth? Dropping Rudiger for him is a bit of a surprise.

cyberman

Is this a convenient injury to give Morata a break or is he really struggling?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Is this a convenient injury to give Morata a break or is he really struggling?
Read that one of his best friends died recently. Could be he's not taking that too well, plus trying to recover from his injury.