Premier League Gameweek 26

Hoof the ball

Do you think Ole will take him back, or is this loan just to get a good transfer fee? Lingard strikes me as a big fish, small pond sort of guy.
Perhaps so, but he's playing with poorer teammates than at United and looking very good versus a superior team than ourselves. That shows that he has the capacity to do it at the highest level. The issue with Jesse will undoubtedly be the difference in psychological pressure between playing for United and playing for West Ham.

Jaxa

A player not really rated by the Portuguese league watchers on here.
tbf the few times I watched him for benfica he never really showed high levels, decent levels but I was never that worried when City signed him,

But he’s been somewhat of a revelation for them and wether he’s in a system that suits him with better players around him or maybe it’s just one of those first season golden periods some players have like Pulisic for example, I guess we’ll find out if he can sustain it but he’s been excellent

RedDevilRoshi

Imagine they win this and go on to win the league. The meltdown here. Jesus, it would be hilarious.
West Ham winning the league out of nowhere ahead of Man City will cause a meltdown on here? I think I’d be pissing myself in laughter if that was to happen rather than raging that Moyes & Lingard have won the league together.

Jaxa

Yes. At the heart of all West Ham’s best attacking football. Same as every game he’s played for them. Some loose passes but he makes things happen.
his value just keeps rising which is good for the club so West Ham can’t try and offer 10 quid for him in the summer, I’d say 25m is a fair price for him at this rate

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Perhaps so, but he's playing with poorer teammates than at United and looking very good versus a superior team than ourselves. That shows that he has the capacity to do it at the highest level. The issue with Jesse will undoubtedly be the difference in psychological pressure between playing for United and playing for West Ham.
Bang on. The psychology of playing for a big club, and handling the pressure is huge. He has generally always shrunk in stature in a United shirt.

Bearded One

Nice half from the hammers there. I think they can go ahead and try for three points as this city side is here for the taking. West ham have defended well and have had chances to score at least 2 goals.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I thought Declan Rice was brilliant in the first half. Constantly intercepting balls he had no right to get to.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
West Ham winning the league out of nowhere ahead of Man City will cause a meltdown on here? I think I’d be pissing myself in laughter if that was to happen rather than raging that Moyes & Lingard have won the league together.
There'd be so many levels of meltdown. It would be absolutely fecking hilarious though.Everyone would suddenly be "disgusted we didnt give Moyes more time. I always said he was a genius...".

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
West Ham is certainly Moyes' absolutely redemption isn't it.
Failed at numerous clubs in a row, and then has probably done as much as is possible for West Ham.

Knowing Moyesie though, he;'ll troll us by still losing this one though, just when we're starting to like him a little again!

RedDevilRoshi

There'd be so many levels of meltdown. It would be absolutely fecking hilarious though.Everyone would suddenly be "disgusted we didnt give Moyes more time. I always said he was a genius...".
I‘d shake my head at anyone that would be nothing other than hysterical that West Ham have won the league at Man City’s expense.

Moyes & Lingard lifting the title up together in May would be some image :lol::D

Deery

Dreary
West Ham playing Bayern Munich next year in the CL will be good craic..

Berbaclass

But but he isn't Utd quality according to some in the transfer thread
I think he’d be class in our midfield. I was previously a doubter, having watched him a number of times this season I changed my opinion and like him a lot. Classy footballer.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Has Fernandinio every played the ball rather than the man on any occasion. Tactical fouls from him every time he plays

croadyman

I think he’d be class in our midfield. I was previously a doubter, having watched him a number of times this season I changed my opinion and like him a lot. Classy footballer.
My worry is we need someone decent on the ball too when Pogba inevitably leaves and we aren't graced with pots of cash

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Could he work in this Utd midfield or would we still need to sign someone else too
Depends what formation we go with. He’s more mobile than Matic( shock) and is moving both right and left very comfortably. We only need him sitting and 2 creative midfielders with 3 forwards. He loves a target like Antonio. He could work in our team, it’s always been the price tag

I do think we should prioritise a CB and a RW

Walters_19_MuFc

Do you think Ole will take him back, or is this loan just to get a good transfer fee? Lingard strikes me as a big fish, small pond sort of guy.
How can that be true when he's performed for both England and United with top players around him?

Unfortunately, he went through a bit of a poor patch with us. Had some issues off the pitch too which didnt help but a fresh start is just what was needed.

If he does come back, Ive always said that id be happy to have him as a squad player, as a left winger/attacking midfielder. All depends whether he'd be happy with that, though.

Inigo Montoya

How can that be true when he's performed for both England and United with top players around him?

Unfortunately, he went through a bit of a poor patch with us. Had some issues off the pitch too which didnt help but a fresh start is just what was needed.

If he does come back, Ive always said that id be happy to have him as a squad player, as a left winger/attacking midfielder. All depends whether he'd be happy with that, though.
Ironically we could do with him tomorrow

It's doesn't show up on stat sheets, but Rice's defensive positioning is just so, so good. Such an intelligent player already.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

When I said “some loose passes but makes things happen” I immediately thought of Bruno. With the form he’s showing these season he seems far better fitted as a Bruno back-up than anyone else we’ve tried.

croadyman

Depends what formation we go with. He’s more mobile than Matic( shock) and is moving both right and left very comfortably. We only need him sitting and 2 creative midfielders with 3 forwards. He loves a target like Antonio. He could work in our team, it’s always been the price tag

I do think we should prioritise a CB and a RW
Would you go big for CB or RW out of interest as reports in the last few days suggest we will have to compensate in one of those areas and really cannot decide which is more important out of the two. I get that we have Amad but think you saw on Thurs night that he really needs to still be eased in so hope we are looking to still sign a starter there too.

Berbaclass

Is he capable of stepping up and also providing that creativity we need too though or are you thinking we might still get a starter RW that could provide something there
I think a trio in midfield of Rice-VDB-Bruno would work. Rice just sitting and being capable of bringing the ball forward. Bruno being the most advanced, supporting the front 3 and Donny can play in a box to box role.

I’m not sure we should look at a like-for-like Pogba replacement. Having Pogba and Bruno is almost a problem at times now having to shoehorn both of them in.

Inigo Montoya

Was weird them selling Haller and not replacing him. As good as Antonio has been, he’s another winger playing CF. He’s their only outlet and if he’s injured, they’re fecked