Premier League Gameweek 26

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yes but city have had a plan and are actively always looking to move players in and out to get that extra 10/15% advantage. They release silva, probably the best midfielder of the last 10 years with Bernardo and Gundo waiting in the wings for the last few seasons and we just sign Matic up for 3 more years. Or they sign KBD and relentlessly recruit talent to bring out the best in him. We get Pogba and stick him with pereira and lingard for half a season. You would have to say our owners while spending a lot are still our biggest hurdle to success

padr81

Supports
Man City
Ground that one out without playing well, thankfully Antonio missed first half and that one at the end going wide. The big change being Jesus for Aguero, we started to control the game then.

West Ham are a good fecking team under Moyes, very like his Everton. I think in the right place he really excels. Unlucky not to get a point today.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yes but city have had a plan and are actively always looking to move players in and out to get that extra 10/15% advantage. They release silva, probably the best midfielder of the last 10 years with Bernardo and Gundo waiting in the wings for the last few seasons and we just sign Matic up for 3 more years. Or they sign KBD and relentlessly recruit talent to bring out the best in him. We get Pogba and stick him with pereira and lingard for half a season. You would have to say our owners while spending a lot are still our biggest hurdle to success
City have the money to keep players like Mahrez, B.Silva and Foden happy to be riding the bench for years.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Will they still be on the market when Ole's rebuild eventually ends though
Why wouldn’t they come to Utd? What’s Rose going to achieve at BD or Nagelsman at RB? They’ll move those teams forward but it will always be BM they’ll be chasing

It was obvious watching City play Rose’s BMG that his side had no chance in terms of quality and Pep admitted it. Rose has talented players but hardly any budget.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Ground that one out without playing well, thankfully Antonio missed first half and that one at the end going wide. The big change being Jesus for Aguero, we started to control the game then.

West Ham are a good fecking team under Moyes, very like his Everton. I think in the right place he really excels. Unlucky not to get a point today.
Lucky you.

croadyman

Yeah typical he couldn't put away that chance ah well enjoy cakewalking to the league title

James35

Pray Bayern can stop them winning the CL.

I think they will clean up the three domestic trophies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
that’s the bar they’ve set and they aren’t slowing down anytime soon either. We’ve spent a billion trying to catch them and still don’t have a complete team. Our recruitment gives me nightmares
We can't keep up with their semi-frequent £50m signings, that's why we've become so youth-focused in the last few seasons, willing to spend millions on 16-18 year olds.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah typical he couldn't put away that chance ah well enjoy cakewalking to the league title
Not over yet, we have to have a blip at some stage but if we come outta the derby still 10 points up I'll start to relax.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not over yet, we have to have a blip at some stage but if we come outta the derby still 10 points up I'll start to relax.
It's 100% over

A blip for City will be not winning one game and going out of one of the cups , and then they'll just will 5 in a row after.

always_hoping

Moyes v Pep. Played 8, lost 6 and drew 2. (1 of those draws was as Man United manager against Bayern Munich)

Walters_19_MuFc

City have spent 568m in the last five seasons.
United have spent 498m in the last five seasons.

For all the dust being kicked about City's spending, we're only around 70m shy of their expenditure in the market.
We have to bare in mind that 568M was spent by one manager, whereas ours was spent by 3 (i think) meaning a lot of our spending was getting in players to suit the style of the managers we had in.

Pep, on the other hand, had a vision and has been able to make it happen. And make no mistake about it, some of his signings haven't been great. Like, how many centre backs did he buy before stumbling upon Diaz, who is now partnered by a guy in Stones, who was apparently out of the door last season.

Ole has been here for two seasons now. He has a vision and on the whole, I think his signings have been good. He has shown progression, which ultimately is what we as fans want to see. If we want to progress further, we need to give him time to complete the project he's building.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
This league is for City so it's better that everyone behind us loses ALL their games.

binary bot
The gap between our squads originates in those 3-4 years post Ronaldo and grew under Moyes/lvg/mourinho. Skipping a few years of investment will always show at some point.

City are constantly improving their squad. Thats the difference. Chelsea did the same until their ban. Being proactive saves you long term.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It's 100% over

A blip for City will be not winning one game and going out of one of the cups , and then they'll just will 5 in a row after.
A blip for City would be getting less than 50% possession in a single game.

They won’t lose another game this season.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We can't keep up with their semi-frequent £50m signings, that's why we've become so youth-focused in the last few seasons, willing to spend millions on 16-18 year olds.
I really hope we find some way to develop that young talent because if we want to win stuff there’s no way we are going to be able to properly develop 4/5 youth players at a time in our first team and keep up with what city and Chelsea are spending. In a lot of cases we eventually will have to go out and make the 50 million pound buy anyway. Look at it post ronaldo to the present day. It’s no good spending just to catch up when the opposition have already hoovered up the best players of the next generation. Have a 3 year plan and go and execute the plan. If that means 2 x 50/60 million quid players a year then so be it but at least be consistent and we are far from that. We can do things clubs can only dream about in the transfer market? Like chase sancho for 3 years or Cavani on a free? Dreamy

copen1945

Hopefully, United won't play another Mourinho game against Chelsea.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Now you are just taking the piss
Am I feck, in our first title season we were 8 points behind, then 8 ahead and then 8 behind you guys with 6 games to go.
In our 13-14 title season, we were top for a total of 12 days before May and 7 points behind Liverpool in January.
In our 18-19 title season, we were 7 points behind Liverpool and won 15 games in a row to win the title by a point.
United have come back from 12 points to Newcastle... 4 months ago this was Pep's worst ever season...

Nothing is done till its done.

croadyman

Am I feck, in our first title season we were 8 points behind, then 8 ahead and then 8 behind you guys with 6 games to go.
In our 13-14 title season, we were top for a total of 12 days before May and 7 points behind Liverpool in January.
In our 18-19 title season, we were 7 points behind Liverpool and won 15 games in a row to win the title by a point.
United have come back from 12 points to Newcastle... 4 months ago this was Pep's worst ever season...

Nothing is done till its done.
Yeah but lets not forget you went into that game with us in that first title season only 3 pts behind whereas we are coming to the Etihad at least 10 behind if not maybe more. Where on earth do you honestly see yourself dropping any points between now and the end of this season when you can still get results when not playing at full pelt

croadyman

Great stuff...I collapsed laughing when I read your comment.
Yeah well I collapsed with shock when the monopolies let you be bought in 2008 so there you go, also helps you can just spend your way out of trouble and don't compare it to us because we earnt the right to spend big and weren't just handed it on a plate like you lot

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Imagine being able to rest your 55m centre half for another 55m centre half in a champions league knockout game. As well as many other examples of high end like for like.

This is the time of year normal clubs find difficult rotating through. I think people underestimate just how much of a difference this is for city its absolutely ridiculous
Two £50M+ right backs to chose from as well. It's insane.