Premier League Gameweek 26

Raredaredevil

If Brighton gets relegated, that has to be the most unfair relegated team. I knew West Brom would win this game, this is the type of game they must win for relegation fight.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He has to be demoted for that. It is incompetence.
Lee and almost every other ref in the league. This season has been a shocker every week, seems to get worse. Lack accountability, they can hide behind VAR.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Lee and almost every other ref in the league. This season has been a shocker every week, seems to get worse. Lack accountability, they can hide behind VAR.
I never get why people have an issue with VAR, it's not the technology that's the problem, it's the people that have been incompetent at their job for the last 10 years that's the problem.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I am sure they are sabotaging it. Although the standards abroad are going down a bit as well.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
You just know the refs have a legendary whatsapp group trying to one-up each other every weekend.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah but lets not forget you went into that game with us in that first title season only 3 pts behind whereas we are coming to the Etihad at least 10 behind if not maybe more. Where on earth do you honestly see yourself dropping any points between now and the end of this season when you can still get results when not playing at full pelt
Dude we dropped points to West Ham, West Brom, Leeds you guys, Spurs and were thumped by Leicester. We've got the derby again (which I'll be much more confident if we come through unscathed) but we've also got Leicester again, a much improved Chelsea, Everton and Leeds. I mean we are massive favorites but its far from done. Lets say we lost the derby, then its likely 7 points, Chelsea, Leicester and Everton still to come and the odd chance of having one of those off games where we don't take our chances.

I'm not saying I don't think we'll win it, but I do think its far too early to put a fork in it.

croadyman

Dude we dropped points to West Ham, West Brom, Leeds you guys, Spurs and were thumped by Leicester. We've got the derby again (which I'll be much more confident if we come through unscathed) but we've also got Leicester again, a much improved Chelsea, Everton and Leeds. I mean we are massive favorites but its far from done. Lets say we lost the derby, then its likely 7 points, Chelsea, Leicester and Everton still to come and the odd chance of having one of those off games where we don't take our chances.

I'm not saying I don't think we'll win it, but I do think its far too early to put a fork in it.
Can I ask you what were your honest feelings when you heard about City being took over in 2008, is there any part at all that thought hang on we may be able to attract the best players with our huge wealth but will it feel right winning titles by basically playing FM

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’ve just watched that again....there’s absolutely no way VAR can be certain the ball hadn’t already crossed the line....in fact I’m 99% certain it was well over the line when he blew again. Absolute farce.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I never get why people have an issue with VAR, it's not the technology that's the problem, it's the people that have been incompetent at their job for the last 10 years that's the problem.
I don't have an issue with VAR, I actually like it. But it's not correcting certain mistakes and sometimes it takes far too long. But that's what you get when you have the same incompetent refs managing it.

I am sure they are sabotaging it. Although the standards abroad are going down a bit as well.
It does feel like it. I actually thought it was being well start of the season, but lately it's gone to crap. Second point is interesting, I haven't been paying attention to the other leagues.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Can I ask you what were your honest feelings when you heard about City being took over in 2008, is there any part at all that thought hang on we may be able to attract the best players with our huge wealth but will it feel right winning titles by basically playing FM
This is a bit of an embittered take. The fans can’t help it if they win the lottery. I would love it to be United in that position.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
You just know the refs have a legendary whatsapp group trying to one-up each other every weekend.
Giving themselves all middle aged man nicknames like "Deano", "Mase", "Mossy" and "Kavs" while they brag about which big name player they're going to caution early.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Agreed, they're horrifically exposed now.

croadyman

This is a bit of an embittered take. The fans can’t help it if they win the lottery. I would love it to be United in that position.
I have had times where I craved Utd to be taken over but that has all changed these last few years and right now I wouldn't want it to happen in a million years because that sort of thing is ruining the game completely for me

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I’ve just watched that again....there’s absolutely no way VAR can be certain the ball hadn’t already crossed the line....in fact I’m 99% certain it was well over the line when he blew again. Absolute farce.
You can actually hear when he blows for a second time and it starts well before the ball has crossed the line.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I have had times where I craved Utd to be taken over but that has all changed these last few years and right now I wouldn't want it to happen in a million years because that sort of thing is ruining the game completely for me
What’s ruining the game for me is United being shite :lol:

Ludens the Red

the humbleness is admirable but it’s absolutely done and dusted.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What’s ruining the game for me is United being shite :lol:
Not really anything we can do about that as it stems from the owners and there's no way they're ever leaving.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You can actually hear when he blows for a second time and it starts well before the ball has crossed the line.
Can you post a video of that? I’ve just watched it twice on Sky at half-time absolutely no way you could tell and actually if anything seemed after due to the time of the whistle and the ball hitting the net.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Not really. Don't get me wrong I'd rather our current owner was not our owner, but from even before ADUG when the Thai guy bought us, I had kind of accepted that, we're owned by a and I need to choose my words careful but very likely a piece of shit who lives in the stone age. That said I don't know the man personally but I'd imagine his views fall in line with his families.

I will say I had no idea just how big the investment in the club would be other than we have a rich owner and we're not gonna be relying on hand me downs like Andy Cole, Vassell and McManaman anymore. I mean when we were bought I used to post on mancityfans.net, someone mentioned us trying to sign a top player (coulda been Berbatov), can't remember who and my response was "Yeah right, maybe we should go for the likes of Robinho too" with sarcasm, 3 weeks later we bought Robinho and it kinda dawned on me, we've got fantasy football money.

I neither love nor loathe it to be honest, it is what it is. I love City, whether we're winning trebles or scraping by in League 1, the titles feel great but so did Paul Dickov and Nicky Weaver dragging us up from near the bottom. I wouldn't say my enjoyment of City has changed but my enjoyment of sticking it to United fans and Liverpool fans I have to listen to for the first 30 years of my life absolutely has.. (ironically I quite like both teams and admire United as a club), just a section of your fanbase here in Ireland since I move here aged 6 are infuriating). Also my dad is an Irish Red as are my brothers, my mum a Stockport blue so giving it back to them 3 cnuts is always nice and the most enjoyable part of the takeover.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can you post a video of that? I’ve just watched it twice on Sky at half-time absolutely no way you could tell and actually if anything seemed after due to the time of the whistle and the ball hitting the net.

You can hear it there. If you time your pause for just as the second whistle is blown you see the ball hasn't reached the keeper yet.