Premier League Gameweek 27

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Could finally see an entertaining game between two top sides. Was thinking 0-0 originally.

kyofusho

What on earth was Jesus thinking? Any slight touch on Martial and he's going down :rolleyes:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I always find Mahrez so wasteful in these type of games, surprised Foden and Bernardo aren't starting and drifting around front 3.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd honestly get Matic on for Fred at half time. Our midfield's lacking any sort of composure.

VictoriaRed

Do we play the most backwards/side ways passes in the league? Feck me. Rashford is killing me.

GlasgowCeltic

KDB is undoutably their best player but is the football better without him? Feel like no Foden and Bernardo was a mistake

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Our midfield are passing the ball like a kidney stone
They've been completely lost without Pogba. We need some passers in summer, McTominay and Fred's passing is too erratic for my test and it often shows in the big games.

Pep's Suit

Absolutely gutless so far. Sterling proper shite, Jesus not much better.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
KDB is undoutably their best player but is the football better without him? Feel like no Foden and Bernardo was a mistake
Indeed. KDB has been incredibly sloppy with the ball and not productive enough to make up for it. Bernando would have been the better choice. Foden deserved the start over Sterling IMO

cyberman

Indeed. KDB has been incredibly sloppy with the ball and not productive enough to make up for it. Bernando would have been the better choice. Foden deserved the start over Sterling IMO
City arent a powerful side as it is and they could be overpowered with those 2 on imo.
Our defence seems to cope well with the tiki taka style, its dynamic and direct runs that we tend to struggle against.
City have played us twice this season and only troubled us with 2 set piece goals and its the same now 45 mins in.
They dont need more players to play in front of us but to stretch play and try to get in behind

Pep's Suit

Agree 100%.

adexkola

Supports
City arent a powerful side as it is and they could be overpowered with those 2 on imo.
Our defence seems to cope well with the tiki taka style, its dynamic and direct runs that we tend to struggle against.
City have played us twice this season and only troubled us with 2 set piece goals and its the same now 45 mins in.
They dont need more players to play in front of us but to stretch play and try to get in behind
Those players are incredibly dynamic

And City is not a side that will overpower us with those kind of runs, they're best at their usual game. I don't see how they drop a level if De Bruyne/Sterling come off. Hope they don't, judging by the first 45!

Pep's Suit

I would have been happy with 0-0 before the game so this was baaaad. City genuinely gave up after that second goal and I think both Foden and Bernardo should have been on the pitch after 60-65 mins.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
It’s funny how United always seem to beat them at Etihad and City seem to be United at OT, such an stats I just saw, I think both teams have only won 1 game at home in the last 3-4 years :lol:

kidbob

Let this be a lesson to the rest of you teams in the League: these pricks hate it up their arse, the sad kinkless cnuts. So stop being pussies and actually try to do something against them and help us win the League.

cyberman

Those players are incredibly dynamic

And City is not a side that will overpower us with those kind of runs, they're best at their usual game. I don't see how they drop a level if De Bruyne/Sterling come off. Hope they don't, judging by the first 45!
They arent dynamic against this Utd side though. We are very confident facing the side to side passing but Mharez and Sterling offer that 1 on 1 threat.

kidbob

20 games in a row for these shit feckers?? Hang your heads in shame the PL, especially you Chelsea. Stop bending over for them.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Nice to see someone take Man City on with the form they are in

padr81

Supports
Man City
Credit to United. Wanted it more than us, brought their shooting boots, created the better chances and we didn't to an even enough game. Ole getting Pep's number again keeping us to half chances and long shots. Stupid by Jesus but today Cancelo and KDB were absolute shit and ruined 90% of our attacks. KDB nowhere near match fit.

Pep had a stinker too, 2 down and he brings on Walker for Cancelo. Foden for a striker and refuses to bring in Kun. Going back to our October team selection and tactics leading to October like results for us. Massive credit to United, not many teams outwork us like that which was the real key. Also Luke Shaw without his injuries looking like the player people thought he could be.

cyberman

And when Foden came on he offered more of a threat than those two combined! Mahrez had an ok game, Sterling was not.
Not in behind though. Pulling wide, incisive passing and he was good at it but it was in front of our defence.
Pep has a problem facing this United side, he cant quite crack us.

Andre Kagawa

Credit to United. Wanted it more than us, brought their shooting boots, created the better chances and we didn't to an even enough game. Ole getting Pep's number again keeping us to half chances and long shots. Stupid by Jesus but today Cancelo and KDB were absolute shit and ruined 90% of our attacks. KDB nowhere near match fit.

Pep had a stinker too, 2 down and he brings on Walker for Cancelo. Foden for a striker and refuses to bring in Kun. Going back to our October team selection and tactics leading to October like results for us. Massive credit to United, not many teams outwork us like that which was the key. Also Luke Shaw without his injuries looking like the player people thought he could be.
What's the deal with Aguero really? Sure, he's not the Kun of old but Pep's reluctance to use him is weird. Why even have him on the bench?

padr81

Supports
Man City
What's the deal with Aguero really? Sure, he's not the Kun of old but Pep's reluctance to use him is weird. Why even have him on the bench?
I know hes struggling for fitness but I think even if fit Pep won't use him. I think Pep wants him gone, he was pressured to play him before despite not being a huge fan but now he's not gonna use him. Sad for Kun he was odds on to leave the league as second top scorer of all time but now he's unlikely to make top 3. Today was as clear a "You're outta here" from Pep to him as I've seen.

cyberman

H
I know hes struggling for fitness but I think even if fit Pep won't use him. I think Pep wants him gone, he was pressured to play him before despite not being a huge fan but now he's not gonna use him. Sad for Kun he was odds on to leave the league as second top scorer of all time but now he's unlikely to make top 3. Today was as clear a "You're outta here" from Pep to him as I've seen.
Hasnt he something stupid like 1 goal in a year?

adexkola

Supports
IIRC he didn't have the best game against whoever they last played.

I don't think City's problem today (apart from the penalty) was the striker position. Their midfield was unusually flat and wasteful. Aguero would have been chasing shadows

adexkola

Supports
Not in behind though. Pulling wide, incisive passing and he was good at it but it was in front of our defence.
Pep has a problem facing this United side, he cant quite crack us.
I agree on both points, the last time I felt comprehensively defeated by this City team was the 2-0 at Old Trafford where Silva/Sane scored.

padr81

Supports
Man City
H
Hasnt he something stupid like 1 goal in a year?
Yeah but he's been crocked for the whole year, playing a game missing 15 or 16 etc.. not getting a run in the team. If he got game time to get fitness he'd score (although probably not today we created so little) but can't score from the treatment table or bench.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I agree on both points, the last time I felt comprehensively defeated by this City team was the 2-0 at Old Trafford where Silva/Sane scored.
We are the perfect tactical set up for Ole to excel against and United play perfect style to nullify us (if they are on their game). Soon as we gave away the pen, we were in trouble, Bruno was never gonna miss and we were wide open for you guys. 2 best chances in the game were the pen and Martials miss, other than that it was all half chances (though you'd argue both Martial and Sterling should have buried headers).