Premier League Gameweek 27

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
it's cause he's world class mate
No argument here; he is.

But watch closely: most games he’s just there and balls land at his feet. He doesn’t even have to move, or be near an opposition attacker or the target of the cross, and the ball just gets attracted to him by virtue of a poor attempt by the attacker. It’s ridiculous how often it happens. Even when he’s out of position, he gets lucky, IMO.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
It’s incredible how often a poor attempt at a pass/cross from an opposition attacker finds van Dijk. Forest have got behind the Liverpool full-backs a decent amount today and their wide attackers have mis-kicked the final ball inexplicably to van Dijk, who wasn’t even near the intended target. It’s just bizarre.

The saying, ‘It’s better to be lucky than good’ sometimes applies to even very good players and I find van Dijk in that category.
It's called elite defensive positioning and reading the game, mate.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
It's called elite defensive positioning and reading the game, mate.
As I replied to an earlier poster, I get that. But I think he gets quite fortunate a lot. Even when he’s not positionally-sound or in a 1v2 situation, the attacker messes up with a terrible attempt at a pass.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
As I replied to an earlier poster, I get that. But I think he gets quite fortunate a lot. Even when he’s not positionally-sound or in a 1v2 situation, the attacker messes up with a terrible attempt at a pass.
Maybe the aura thing has some truth to it? The guy has unique presence.

mav_9me

Are Chelsea more broken than us?
They are more midtable than us. Raise their game against the better teams and drop their level against the lower teams. We are kinda the opposite I guess

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Interesting to see Klopp give the thumbs-up after Danns had nutted the goalkeeper :nono:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You'll suddenly find you've got two or three of them next weekend.
Since Hojlund is out it's probably time for Martial to make a random miraculous recovery to put in his usual 10/10 performance against us for no reason.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Ref’s in one of those moods were everything the opposition does is a foul and booking it seems.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No win this year yet still and another loss. Dyche needs to sort it out ASAP.