Premier League Gameweek 27

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
For your own sanity don't bother watching City and Liverpool games with any hope. They will get there one way or another.
I know right. Hard to watch...case and point proven by Foden. Fantastic goal that.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Rashford, just as I was bigging you up. :(

Just like Moana, you remembered who you are.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I know what happens next if I turn this match on but here goes

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
I gotta stop watching both City and Pool games in one week. Onana could have done better there..

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Inevitable. Just have to do it ourselves. Sick of their clutch players bailing them out time and time again though. If it’s not Haaland digging them out, it’s Rodri or this little prick.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah Kelleher would save that. Anyway, thanks for trying Utd, you have it your best. Could ask for no more. And crucially kept the goal difference down (mockers?).

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Man Utd deserved that. I’ve seen more ambition from a Sean Dyche team.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Still not over, United now will push forward and can still get something.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Still not over, United now will push forward and can still get something.
Not with Amrabat on the pitch. Football is firmly a spectator sport for him looking at his running. Utd have lost the drive they had earlier.

GlasgowCeltic

Foden like everyone else knew Antony was absolutely turning backward there, easy work to take the ball off him

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Foden channelling his PEDs well there.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Look at the set up at City, look at City's squad, then look at ours and their bench and ours. It will take years to get to that level. A lot of patience is needed because we will not be doing it the way they have.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Not with Amrabat on the pitch. Football is firmly a spectator sport for him looking at his running. Utd have lost the drive they had earlier.
I take it back. Amrabat can still get an assist. Set Haaland up beautifully.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
City upped their game in the right moment of the season.. It will be a glorious battle next week at Anfield..

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
When is united going to be united again. The one I used to loathe. Wake up

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Was watching the second half. Two incidents caugtht my eye.
1. Mctominay receiving a pass in a good position in the city half and then passing it straight back to the united half instead of trying to see the passing options
2. Forson receiving the ball in a counter opportunity and completely fails to trap and receive the pass and loses possession.

It seems most of these players can't perform the very football basics in a pressure match. Wonder what Ten Hag has been coaching them. The first things you notice of a good coach is that the players, even the average ones, are doing the basics right and playing to his idea,

LordSpud

City potentially could sew the league up in the next few weeks. If Liverpool have to put a team out like they had to yesterday City will dick them and I feel they need to beat Arsenal too. Then you feel it's one of those runs where they probably won't lose through to the end of the season.

padr81

Supports
Man City
We can't afford to keep going behind against weaker teams.
That might be the tightest and yet most one sided game we've played in awhile. I'd be surprised if our XG isn't around 5.

erikcred

Was watching the second half. Two incidents caugtht my eye.
1. Mctominay receiving a pass in a good position in the city half and then passing it straight back to the united half instead of trying to see the passing options
2. Forson receiving the ball in a counter opportunity and completely fails to trap and receive the pass and loses possession.

It seems most of these players can't perform the very football basics in a pressure match. Wonder what Ten Hag has been coaching them. The first things you notice of a good coach is that the players, even the average ones, are doing the basics right and playing to his idea,
If they were coached well, he'd know the likely passing options. Our players are having to look up and first make sure that no teammate is about to tackle them.

twitter thread suggester
Best part is that Liverpool won’t run away. Dumbstar tears at the end of the season is always sweet.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
If they were coached well, he'd know the likely passing options. Our players are having to look up and first make sure that no teammate is about to tackle them.
Yes, it seems to be a coaching issue. It's bizarre to be fair. Ten Hag's Ajax team was a really good footballing unit whereas this United team looks like they barely play together. Complete polar opposite.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Best part is that Liverpool won’t run away. Dumbstar tears at the end of the season is always sweet.
True, and our last chance too with Klopp leaving in the summer. :(

Unless...Alonso...

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Should have been 5 or 6 but the all so familiar wonderstrike out of nowhere made it more difficult than it needed to be. Not happy with Haaland and Doku's impact in the crucial games this season.

Every time a United manager comes to the Etihad to do their best Tony Pulis impersonation, the harder that mentality becomes to change in the future. This is what Mourinho meant with football heritage

The_Midfielder

Should have been 5 or 6 but the all so familiar wonderstrike out of nowhere made it more difficult than it needed to be. Not happy with Haaland and Doku's impact in the crucial games this season.

Every time a United manager comes to the Etihad to do their best Tony Pulis impersonation, the harder that mentality becomes to change in the future. This is what Mourinho meant with football heritage
Lets Talk when you win 20 and after your lawyers go to court for the 115 cases ..

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Lets Talk when you win 20 and after your lawyers go to court for the 115 cases ..
Makes no difference what so ever. Another season where we might as well could have played Brentford four times. If you are content with that then that is fine, I certainly can live with it as long as we get the job done

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Leave him be, he knows City are only relevant as long as Guardiola is there, he's far bigger than their club and he knows it.

padr81

Supports
Man City

I wouldn't say tony Pulis but I'd say easily in the 4 most cowardly teams we've played this season, they nearly did what Palace usually do to us. Brentford is a better comparison. We have to stop going behind to teams of that level though and making it hard for ourselves. We've been behind like 14 times this season now. The only way to get these teams to come out is to score early and not give up silly goals (though admittedly there was very little we could have done about today)

eire-red

Man what are you on about? How long did City spend watching United win title after title, with no hope of every being anything?

Nothing lasts forever, United couldn't do it forever and the same will eventually be true for City, just like it was for Liverpool. The irony and arrogance of a City fan talking about "football heritage".

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Man what are you on about? How long did City spend watching United win title after title, with no hope of every being anything?

Nothing lasts forever, United couldn't do it forever and the same will eventually be true for City, just like it was for Liverpool. The irony and arrogance of a City fan talking about "football heritage".
They were too busy supporting Chelsea to notice.