Premier League Gameweek 27

Gene Loblaw

Supports
Arsenal
Rice already with more pl goals than he ever had in a season with west ham. He’s been excellent on set pieces too

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What changed with Arsenal? Their attack looked off for the first half of the season, then they had the slump where they looked rubbish but now they've managed to beat 4-5 pretty poor teams by big margins. Seems a strange season for them.
Earlier on Talksport they were saying Arsenal went away for their mid season break and it has done wonders for them.

Jev

Arsenal have scored 30 goals in their last seven league games. It will probably be at least 32 before the second half is over. Insane numbers.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Despite both looking like straight-up Championship sides, somehow these and Burnley already have a couple more points each than Derby 07-08.

I can't even fathom how shit they must have been.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
What changed with Arsenal? Their attack looked off for the first half of the season, then they had the slump where they looked rubbish but now they've managed to beat 4-5 pretty poor teams by big margins. Seems a strange season for them.
Saka and Martinelli getting back to form + putting Havertz upfront and having Jorginho in allowing Rice to roam forward.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Despite both looking like straight-up Championship sides, somehow these and Burnley already have a couple more points each than Derby 07-08.

They were dross. They defined the word.

wr8_utd

:'(
Only just realized how easy Liverpool's run in is. Will be surprised if they drop points in any matches apart from maybe the three away games at Everton, Villa, and United. And given their 99th minute winners, they'll find a way to win those too.

90 + 5min

I wonder if that was the season they hardly even scored goals.

erikcred

Momentum from smashing Liverpool at home and winding up the celebration police.

The-Mezzala

Arsenal fans wanted Arteta out after the Liverpool FA cup defeat. Bet they regret that now. He has got them playing their best football since 2004

Rojofiam

Hopefully we'll be on this level in ~2 years' time

I remember when I had to vehemently defend Arsenal last season because so many posters believed that they were like Leicester 2016 and would never get a shot at the title again :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I wonder if that was the season they hardly even scored goals.
Looks like they managed 20 goals. Less than half of the other sides that went down.

11 points though... even if they'd tripled their points tally, they'd still not only have gone down, they'd have still gone down dead last. Truly, incomprehensibly shit.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
Just got to hope you guys can manage a point vs Liverpool.

Cpt Negative

I don’t get why they don’t retrospective yellows for that. Didn’t get it in the eye / it’s blatant cheating

Oranges038

I don’t get why they don’t retrospective yellows for that. Didn’t get it in the eye / it’s blatant cheating
Yeah, it's a dive. Should be a yellow.

There's no way the game should be stopped for that shite.

Rojofiam

Only just realized how easy Liverpool's run in is. Will be surprised if they drop points in any matches apart from maybe the three away games at Everton, Villa, and United. And given their 99th minute winners, they'll find a way to win those too.
You expect them not to drop points against City? I don't think City will lose against such an injury-ridden team, even if their Anfield record is not great.

wr8_utd

:'(
You expect them not to drop points against City? I don't think City will lose against such an injury-ridden team, even if their Anfield record is not great.
Given City's big game record this season and how utterly woeful they are at Anfield even at their very best, I'd consider Goodison, Villa Park, and Old Trafford the games where they're a lot more likely to drop points.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal fans wanted Arteta out after the Liverpool FA cup defeat. Bet they regret that now. He has got them playing their best football since 2004
Some of our fans are daft. 2-3 poor results and they're ready to turn their back on him. Who would have thought 2-3 years ago when we couldn't even make top 4 that we'd be challenging for the title 2 seasons in a row.