Premier League Gameweek 28-29

erikcred

If the Arse bottled it again, tomorrow's game would have been a great watch with a lose-lose-lose result.

Now I am hoping for a tough, physical draw in 100 minutes, with studs flying left, right and centre and about 6 reds.
Both these teams are immune to obvious bookings. Who's getting the red cards? The assistant coaches?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Both these teams are immune to obvious bookings. Who's getting the red cards? The assistant coaches?
Do you even bother to do research before making statements like this. Have you looked at the stats for the team with the most red cards. Christ it’s like reading the rumour mills in the papers.

Norris Cole

Massive injustice to see Havertz score the winner when he should have been sent off for that dive

Mike Smalling

I guess we gotta hope for a Villa win today, and then the 5th spot being enough to qualify for the CL?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I guess we gotta hope for a Villa win today, and then the 5th spot being enough to qualify for the CL?
I rate Villa, they don't have the star power of Spurs or United players, like a Bruno or Son. They are just a very well rounded and drilled team. Should be a good match to watch vs Spurs who only know how to play one way it seems.

Sylar

I think so too. We gotta also hope all English teams (bar Liverpool) do well in Europe. But it will probably be cos of Liverpool :rolleyes:

We have to win more than spurs until the end of the season. Spurs got a group of four or so games which could give us a chance but we gotta stay in touching distance.
That loss to Fulham seemed killer though

Mike Smalling

I think so too. We gotta also hope all English teams (bar Liverpool) do well in Europe. But it will probably be cos of Liverpool :rolleyes:

We have to win more than spurs until the end of the season. Spurs got a group of four or so games which could give us a chance but we gotta stay in touching distance.
That loss to Fulham seemed killer though
Just looking at our remaining ten games, I’m not convinced we are gonna more than about half of the available points. We’ve got Arsenal and Liverpool, as well as away games to Chelsea and Brighton.

There is too large a gap now. Only a total Spurs collapse could see us get 5th, in my opinion.

Sylar

Just looking at our remaining ten games, I’m not convinced we are gonna more than about half of the available points. We’ve got Arsenal and Liverpool, as well as away games to Chelsea and Brighton.

There is too large a gap now. Only a total Spurs collapse could see us get 5th, in my opinion.
My hope is we get some players back which means we can fully take advantage of the one game.

Thankfully arsenal and Liverpool at home so we have a chance of points even if we don't win.
But I do think we need spurs to lose today v villa. Agreeing with you but an Outside chance right now

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Still love how Emery always says "good [whatever time of day it is]". Never gets old.

Why do more and more reporters/interviewers sound like AI? Robotic as feck.

Wilt

Spurs starting well ….which probably means they’ll lose 3- 0

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Still love how Emery always says "good [whatever time of day it is]". Never gets old.

Why do more and more reporters/interviewers sound like AI? Robotic as feck.
Find it very commendable that he still does it because he means it is the polite thing to do, despite how mocked he has been for it.

Still remember when he snapped a bit when that Arsenal fan clown disrespected him with it straight to his face

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We really need Villa winning this. Screw point each, we must concentrate on Spurs. If they lose today it is 3 points difference (with game in hand for them).

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Terrible from Watkins, offside or not.
Sounds stupid maybe but in those 1 on 1 situations it is easier for striker with not having pass option. When he can just focus on finishing. That other player is just putting pressure on striker to pass instead going for it.

miked99

What we need here is for eight players to be sent off, and both teams deducted multiple points for their shameful behaviour :lol:

Mike Smalling

I wish the refs would book every time a players takes the ball or kicks it away a bit, when the other team has a dead ball.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wish the refs would book every time a players takes the ball or kicks it away a bit, when the other team has a dead ball.
They don’t have to be consistent. They just need to arbitrarily make an example of players occasionally with seemingly no rhyme or reason why it reaches the threshold when they do

eire-red

Spurs look much better with Son on the left and Richarlison up top. Don't rate Johnson all that much.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Johnson is very average
I agree, he's pacey, but apart from that? His delivery into the box has been rubbish, not really a great eye for a pass, his shooting is average.

I guess Postecoglu likes him because he gets about and puts in a shift in that press from the front style.