Premier League Gameweek 29 + FA Cup QFs

Sparky Rhiwabon

Danny Welbeck has scored three Premier League goals this season. That's his best campaign since 2017-18 when he bagged five for Arsenal.

The one that got away

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Mad how shit bruce is. Clearly set out today to play for the nil-nil. This'll be 2 wins in 20. I can't believe anyone would defend him and not be deliberately trolling tbh.

always_hoping

Brighton aren't going down, 6 points ahead of Fulham with game in hand. They can take it easy and rest a number of their starters for their next Premier league game.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Brighton aren't going down, 6 points ahead of Fulham with game in hand. They can take it easy and rest a number of their starters for their next Premier league game.
There is an international break, not sure how many of their team are away, but I would imagine most will get a rest.

Obviously feels strange to say given their league position, but Brighton are such a well coached team. Really nice to watch all their one touch stuff, all the positional fluidity...

Idxomer

Brighton and Leeds have been the two best teams to watch this season.

Ludens the Red

Mad how shit bruce is. Clearly set out today to play for the nil-nil. This'll be 2 wins in 20. I can't believe anyone would defend him and not be deliberately trolling tbh.
I think he’s doing a great job all things considered. And if he keeps you up, should get a new deal.

Go on, bite

AgentSmith

Definitely. They have one of the better defences, but goal scoring has let them down.
I think we were basically synchronised word for word there :lol:

Such a refreshing shift to see teams like Brighton and Leeds try more proactive styles of football than the usual bottom 10 stereotype.

I’d be really interested to see what Potter could do as England manager. Feels like Southgate doesn’t have it in him to fully utilise the abundance of attacking talent we have.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think we were basically synchronised word for word there :lol:

Such a refreshing shift to see teams like Brighton and Leeds try more proactive styles of football than the usual bottom 10 stereotype.

I’d be really interested to see what Potter could do as England manager. Feels like Southgate doesn’t have it in him to fully utilise the abundance of attacking talent we have.
I think he would do a good job and the players would enjoy his style of play. He might enjoy club football at this stage.

AgentSmith

I think he would do a good job and the players would enjoy his style of play. He might enjoy club football at this stage.
Yeah I don’t think he’d want to leave Brighton yet. Feels like they’re on the cusp of real progress.

Walters_19_MuFc

That was hilarious at the time, even funnier now. :lol:

Was it one goal against us and one good game against City and all of a sudden he was the next best thing in midfield. The uglier brother scored as well.

Yeah, you know what it's like. A couple of good performances and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

Think it's fair to say we dodged a bullet.

Ludens the Red

That was hilarious at the time, even funnier now. :lol:

Was it one goal against us and one good game against City and all of a sudden he was the next best thing in midfield. The uglier brother scored as well.
You laugh but what the feck were Ole and Carrick thinking even looking at him.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Brighton have been really unlucky with some of the results being mixed up in the relegation battle. This is a massive result that should keep them safe from the drop. Play really nice and attractive football.

United next!

Walters_19_MuFc

I'd be very worried if I was a Newcastle fan. Despite Fulham losing yesterday, they look the better side, and for the sake of the Premier League, having Fulham and Brighton staying up would be a lot more entertaining to watch.

That being said, I can only imagine with a potential takeover next season, Bruce probably won't be there if they were to stay up anyway.