Premier League Gameweek 3

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Spurs to their credit are one of the best sides at responding to other sides scoring. Something that's been the case for a while with them. Loads of times they start off shit and take a long time to get going in games or have the wrong starting plan, but when they concede, they are really good at ramping up the pressure to force an equalizer. Something I want to see more of from us. We don't up the urgency enough when we concede.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs to their credit are one of the best sides at responding to other sides scoring. Something that's been the case for a while with them. Loads of times they start off shit and take a long time to get going in games or have the wrong starting plan, but when they concede, they are really good at ramping up the pressure to force an equalizer. Something I want to see more of from us. We don't up the urgency enough when we concede.
I really wish they'd be awake from the start though. Every game so far we've had to concede in order to start playing.

It'll cost us throughout the season, you can't come back and win every game, especially against better opposition.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Spurs got away with quite a few comebacks last season. Not started this one too brightly either. People putting them in the top 4 automatically were a bit quick to do so imo.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
That usually happens when the manager knows exactly what types of adjustments to make.

bosnian_red

That usually happens when the manager knows exactly what types of adjustments to make.
Not necessarily. A lot of times it's player mentality and with Spurs specifically I'd definitely say that. They don't change much about their game, they just start ramping up the effort right after they concede to do a quick equalizer and if it doesn't happen then it cools back down a bit (like now).

marktan

What a goal by Barnes to put Burnley 1-0 up. 4 goals from 3 from him now in the league.

Last edited:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Why is Kane walking around the pitch as if he’s Messi?

Get in the fecking box mate.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Not necessarily. A lot of times it's player mentality and with Spurs specifically I'd definitely say that. They don't change much about their game, they just start ramping up the effort right after they concede to do a quick equalizer and if it doesn't happen then it cools back down a bit (like now).
I honestly think people like to overrate unquantifiable things like "mentality" and "determination". Well coached teams are unsurprisingly good at making coaching adjustments.

AlwaysRed66

Spurs having their best player on the bench again, working out well. Similar thing happened in their first game until they brought him on in the second half.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs having their best player on the bench again, working out well. Similar thing happened in their first game until they brought him on in the second half.
That best player spent the entirety of the last game looking completely fecking pointless, and his contributions in the opening game were horrendously overrated too.

Of course we eventually improved and piled the pressure on a tiring Villa team.

bosnian_red

I honestly think people like to overrate unquantifiable things like "mentality" and "determination". Well coached teams are unsurprisingly good at making coaching adjustments.
Nah completely disagree. So many times it's just a goal conceded that gives players a kick up the ass and they just start working harder which is sometimes the only thing making the difference. It's not always some tactical adjustment. In fact that was something that was a big part of it with United over the years. Tactics weren't anything overly complicated or something that changed massively game to game, just sometimes players would need a kick up the ass to get going and respond to a bad start.