Premier League Gameweek 3

wr8_utd

:'(
Spurs just lack any sort of creativity without Eriksen and it was so obvious even before kick off. They desperately need him on if they want to win today.

AlwaysRed66

That best player spent the entirety of the last game looking completely fecking pointless, and his contributions in the opening game were horrendously overrated too.

Of course we eventually improved and piled the pressure on a tiring Villa team.
Hopefully he will join us in the new year, as not wanted by your lot. Make a great difference to us having a quality creative player like him.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Hopefully he will join us in the new year, as not wanted by your lot. Make a great difference to us having a quality creative player like him.
He is wanted by our lot, he just doesn't want to stay. Me not thinking he's our best player doesn't mean I don't want him.

And any delusions that he might want to go to United should have died a while ago.

haram

That best player spent the entirety of the last game looking completely fecking pointless, and his contributions in the opening game were horrendously overrated too.

Of course we eventually improved and piled the pressure on a tiring Villa team.
Last game was City though. They can make anyone look pointless.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
We're just so boring to watch. And it's not just because of no Eriksen, we're also lacking Ndombele and apparently Lo Celso is going to be another Poch signing who needs 6 months before we actually get to see him do anything.

Incredibly predictable first half performance against any side who denies us space, we just can't put together intricate passing moves to break sides like this down. Winks and Sissoko is a boring, functional midfield and that's exactly what it's playing like.

And Kane, I love you, but you need to be doing more. A lot of slow starters for us this season I think.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Last game was City though. They can make anyone look pointless.
He was the worst player on the pitch imo. Kept giving away the ball stupidly when he actually saw it, and just generally looked like a total mess. City or not, you can't play as poorly as that and expect to start the next game.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Harry Kane looks shocking these last 2 games.

Probably score now!
The Kane / Son / Lucas front 3 has never really looked terrific. He plays much better with someone who drifts into those pockets behind him and plays through balls / dinks / etc. Alli has generally filled that role perfectly, but he's still out injured.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Said this last week after the City game, but Spurs don't look fit. They look like they've come into the season half-cocked.

haram

He was the worst player on the pitch imo. Kept giving away the ball stupidly when he actually saw it, and just generally looked like a total mess. City or not, you can't play as poorly as that and expect to start the next game.
Well you guys need to bring him on.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Nah completely disagree. So many times it's just a goal conceded that gives players a kick up the ass and they just start working harder which is sometimes the only thing making the difference. It's not always some tactical adjustment. In fact that was something that was a big part of it with United over the years. Tactics weren't anything overly complicated or something that changed massively game to game, just sometimes players would need a kick up the ass to get going and respond to a bad start.
I completely disagree as well. "Working harder" is usually a synonym for becoming more attacking, pressing higher up the pitch, etc. Also since possession is reset after a goal, the opposing team gets the opportunity to attack first and reorganize (think of goals scored against the run of play or teams who who conceded while pinned in their own half). These unquantifiable attributes given to players and teams are great for narratives but gloss over what's actually happening on the pitch.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Spurs look awful without eriksen.

Just shows how much a proper playmaker makes a big difference.

If we had him instead of Lingard it would be miles better.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
We're just so boring to watch. And it's not just because of no Eriksen, we're also lacking Ndombele and apparently Lo Celso is going to be another Poch signing who needs 6 months before we actually get to see him do anything.

Incredibly predictable first half performance against any side who denies us space, we just can't put together intricate passing moves to break sides like this down. Winks and Sissoko is a boring, functional midfield and that's exactly what it's playing like.

And Kane, I love you, but you need to be doing more. A lot of slow starters for us this season I think.
Winks and Sissoko have more go forward than Dier.

Dont want to jinx it and say anything about Kane. Fecker will probably score as soon as I write something. And a Newcastle win at Spurs shiny new stadium would be fantastic.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Well you guys need to bring him on.
Probably. I'd honestly rather see Lo Celso given a go, but if we're not seeing him and with Ndombele out, we certainly need at least one cm on who can pick a pass.

Right now we're too conservative and everything is too slow and predictable. Newcastle are dealing with everything so easily.

AlwaysRed66

Burnley winning at Wolves. I think Wolves will struggle this year, as unlike last season, the vast majority of teams will just sit back like Wolves, meaning their main threat from counterattacking will be far reduced.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Winks and Sissoko have more go forward than Dier.

Dont want to jinx it and say anything about Kane. Fecker will probably score as soon as I write something. And a Newcastle win at Spurs shiny new stadium would be fantastic.
Sissoko makes forward runs and can be positive in that way, but his final ball is always lacking. Winks tries and is a tidy player but he lacks that magic on the ball to get a goal or a great assist in the way guys like Alli or Eriksen can.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
'3 years of excuses & it's still crap....ta,ra Fergie'

Terrible way to treat your manager.
You don't have much to say have you?!
Don't know why they let you post these stupid posts around here.

At least 3 years is NOT 30 years. :D

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I completely disagree as well. "Working harder" is usually a synonym for becoming more attacking, pressing higher up the pitch, etc. Also since possession is reset after a goal, the opposing team gets the opportunity to attack first and reorganize (think of goals scored against the run of play or teams who who conceded while pinned in their own half). These unquantifiable attributes given to players and teams are great for narratives but gloss over what's actually happening on the pitch.
Each to their own. It's a sport at the end of the day, and mentality is one of the most important things when it comes to that. It's not just a narrative, if you've played football yourself and think back to that, mentality makes a massive difference. Mentalities can change a million times during a game, you get 1 little thing break your way and everyone gets that bit more aggression, focus, motivation etc and things change in the game. Yeah tactics are always important, but people put WAY too big of an emphasis on them as if it's the be all and end all, when really I'd say the mental aspects, the intangibles are far more important. Anyway, each to their own, and the tactics are vital for that extra 5%, but the majority of games can simply be decided often times by having better players and making sure those players have the right attitude.

JoseChelsea

Supports
Chelsea
The only team looking unbeatable to me is City. The Scousers are overrated this season imo, Arsenal is sh*t like always and United is no threat at all.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs without Eriksen are as shite as us in breaking 10 backs.
it's not just Eriksen though ... no Alli, who's brilliant at ghosting into space and the little through balls and dinks and Kyle Walker-Peters just doesn't have the pace or final ball to create any pressure from the right hand side. That forces everything through the middle and you can play very narrow against Spurs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not watching but just seen Spurs had only one shot on target as we reach the hour mark, playing poorly or just struggling to break through Newcastle's mass defence.

Would be the shock of the season if Newcastle hang on but Spurs have the habit of scoring late goals and getting draws/wins from these sort of positions.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
How come Eriksen is not an automatic starter now? That's the Villa game and this one.

JoseChelsea

Supports
Chelsea
1. Man City 2. Liverpool 3. Chelsea 4. Tottenham 5. Wolverhampton 6. Arsenal 7. Man Utd

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Spurs will win this. It just seems inevitable. They've been rubbish since the first game but they have still got the points.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Most likely because he's refusing to extend the contract. They're shit without him so end up bringing him on anyway to save their asses.
Yeah that's the strange thing. If they left him out completely then fair enough. But you're not exactly sending a message if you bring him on anyway. Very odd.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How come Eriksen is not an automatic starter now? That's the Villa game and this one.
Guess they feel he'll leave in January and so you can't just have a player integral in team if he's leaving in four months. He did start last week though and with Ndombele injured odd to leave him out for today.

Vertongthen also can't get a game atm which is surprising me. Guess Poch has his reasons but maybe sort of manager who's better with smaller squad to work with as Spurs generally have had in his time there.