Premier League Gameweek 3

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
We need to play more through the middle, get firmino in the game. Think we're getting hoodwinked a bit here. Arsenal are happy for us to play it wide and we are happy to oblige.

edit. Or cross it one more time.

Melville Red

Liverpool will win shit this season. They look nowhere near an unbeatable side. Chelsea shld have won against them. Hate this lot.
I hate them as well but alas the dippers have just gone and taken the lead.
A kind of goal I can’t remember Utd scoring, direct from a corner and a great header into the net.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Whenever Liverpool and City struggle to create, they score from a set piece. I swear every tight game they win by set piece goal.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Pepe is class. Remind me why we didn’t sign him? Oh, because we’re clueless. Carry on.

MiceOnMeth

So Pepe looks like another player we should have been all over but weren't.. Mane, Sanchez(back in 2014), mahrez, lucas moura and now Pepe

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Even with VAR the refs doing nothing against them.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Uhhh that replay showed that it was VVD who was being fouled during that corner?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Lots of long balls and crosses.
Yep. There's absolutely no thrills with Liverpool. Simple, straightforward and very direct. Crazy how effective it is really. Obviously they work their arses off, but their play is almost rudimentary

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Teams seem to miss numerous clear chances against Liverpool.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Looks like we'll have to hold fire on declaring Ceballos the best central midfielder to ever live after his legendary performance against Burnley.

Been absolutely dire.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yep. There's absolutely no thrills with Liverpool. Simple, straightforward and very direct. Crazy how effective it is really. Obviously they work their arses off, but their play is almost rudimentary
Yes. Not pretty but effective.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It hurts to see how Liverpool are while we trundle our way to mediocrity week in week out. It really hurts to acknowledge the gulf in quality.

The thing is, what they do is very simple. They have a great rhythm in what they do, and they do it quickly, but it's simple football. They do the basics very well.

TheDutchLad

Supports
Feyenoord
Pepe just broke VVD's record of 50 consecutive games without getting dribbled past.

Still an amazing stat though.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Looks like we'll have to hold fire on declaring Ceballos the best central midfielder to ever live after his legendary performance against Burnley.

Been absolutely dire.
Had a great game last week but I've never understood the hype he gets. Really is nothing special.

Don't think Pepe looks near as good as some of the posts in here either.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
NBC need to sort out their feed. The delay has gone on for most of the half.

SharpshooterTom

If Liverpool win today it will be 13 PL wins in a row (dating back from last season of course).

Last time they dropped points in the league was away to Everton on the 3rd of March.

City did extremely well to win the title really given the amount of pressure that was put on them.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Had a great game last week but I've never understood the hype he gets. Really is nothing special.

Don't think Pepe looks near as good as some of the posts in here either.
Haven't seen him much tbf .. just thought the hype off the back of a good performance against Burnley was amusing.

Nor do I. He's obviously very quick and will be a threat in behind, but he looks erratic as hell and he should be finishing that 1 on 1 situation.

Lazy comparison but I honestly don't think he's all that dissimilar to Gervinho. A better version and he might well end up scoring a decent amount of goals. I could well be completely wrong though since it's all based on a tiny sample size, but some of the reports of clubs like Bayern doubting his ability to perform when not in space look justified so far. Especially for a player who cost 72 million.