Premier League Gameweek 3

TheLord

So is Kovacis’s. I’m not really sure what it is Kovacic is supposed to be good at.
At least I'd ask Kante to stay put in the centre of the pitch and not pretend to be a #10. He has given the ball away cheaply at least half a dozen times in the first half. I think Kovacic has a better creative range than Kante. Chelsea fans would know better.
And James too. He is trying to be a prime Ashley Cole for Chelsea running up and down the pitch, leaving the backline completely exposed. The problem is that he has the Premier League worst fullback in the opposite side, a questionable CB pairing of Christensen and Silva down the middle, and a 39-year-old goalkeeper.

Kante and Kovacic have been terrible. Alonso trash. Abraham trash. Werner disillusioned. Silva comical. James poor. Kovacic subpar. Willy poor. Only Mount and Havertz seem to be doing okay.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I'm more surprised at Chelsea not having scored yet.

I think Pulisic on the left, Ziyech on the right with Werner up front and Havertz could be Chelsea's best front four ( with Mount rotating). Tammy's finishing is too erratic to trust him as a starter.

On the defensive end, to be fair, one was a set piece routine that will be sorted, the other was an error unlikely to repeat itself from a very experienced CB. Starting Alonso as LB in a back four was what backfired and Lampard has corrected that.

Still think Chelsea are in it.

Tony247

He brought in two defenders and a goalie as well.
His problem was the entire back line including gk. Bought gk and lb. Silva is not by any mean in his prime. Bringing him is not a solution. One strong CB + Silva, and chelsea could have been much better. IMHO Havertz purchase was a surplus. That money could have gone to Upamacano or someone better.

dev1l

His problem was the entire back line including gk. Bought gk and lb. Silva is not by any mean in his prime. Bringing him is not a solution. One strong CB + Silva, and chelsea could have been much better. IMHO Havertz purchase was a surplus. That money could have gone to Upamacano or someone better.
The keeper and left back he brought still have not played. While today was Silva s first game.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Our results aside, really enjoying the start of the season it’s chaos

Tony247

The keeper and left back he brought still have not played. While today was Silva s first game.
I honestly don't think Chilwell improves the defense dramatically. He is much better going forward than Alonso though.