g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 3

Classical Mechanic

Also shouldn’t he be playing up front and not on the left?
I think Lampard wanted Tammy to play because he and Havertz played so well together in the week. Germany play with two up top with Werner in the side though. Think Lampard is in a position where the big names don’t really fit into a system with each other. United have the same issue.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
A German guy on here told me Werner wasn’t that good. Starting to believe it now.

times like this make me happy.

Dudu

Okay, who are the geniuses who decided to end Saturday football with.. a damn Burnley Game.

Seriously :confused:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We are above Chelsea with a game in hand as it stands...... Hahahahaha.

Football.... Bloody hell.

Fooza

If only they went for Koulibaly instead of Havertz, and end up giving Willian that extra year that he wanted.

TheLord

I don't understand why Kovacic plays so much deeper than Kante. Kante's creative output is very average.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Silva spent the best part of his career in PSG, pads out his stats and everyone thinks he is some sort of Baresi / Nesta type centre half.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Chelsea look like us after we splashed the cash in LVG first year. Extremely top heavy and lacking in balance.

acnumber9

I don't understand why Kovacic plays so much deeper than Kante. Kante's creative output is very average.
So is Kovacic’s. I’m not really sure what it is Kovacic is supposed to be good at.

Berbigoal

Well in defense of Lampard, Sarri tried once to substitute Kepa. Couldn't.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
My brother just phoned me to tell me the score (small time) but I've just caught up with those goals, pure comedy. Frank at 45 and a bit minutes looked absolutely furious and I don't blame him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Wouldn’t be shocked if they got a draw here. WBA will be 19th or 20th and this will be a siege second half.

Classical Mechanic

Looking at Chelsea’s defensive corner set-up they have Havertz, Abraham, Silva and James (on his opposite side) in the deepest defensive positions. I get that Havertz and Abraham are tall but it seems weird.

Trophy Room

This was inevitable in some ways - lots of new players so will take time to gel. Lack of preseason will affect Chelsea as much as or more than us.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think, the thinking is that Kante is better at turning over the ball and winning possession back so they deploy him higher up the pitch so he can do that closer to the other teams goal. Also can stop counters further away from Chelsea's goals when they turn over possession in the opponents half.

Don't know if it's the same in England, but in the United States commentators have unanimously decided Werner is incredible before he's done anything in the league. They praise Bruno far too much as well but at least he earned it by having an unreal start at United. Werner looks fine and will probably improve but every time he gets on the ball it's "unreal signing, absolutely phenomenal buy by Chelsea". So weird

mu4c_20le

Don't know if it's the same in England, but in the United States commentators have unanimously decided Werner is incredible before he's done anything in the league. They praise Bruno far too much as well but at least he earned it by having an unreal start at United. Werner looks fine and will probably improve but every time he gets on the ball it's "unreal signing, absolutely phenomenal buy by Chelsea". So weird
That is weird. Havertz is the one with something special.