Premier League Gameweek 3

Zen

Who can believe something that should be 'fixing' the game has broke it to unreal levels...... I don't even believe it's swings and roundabouts anymore, it's just fecked.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Can’t even take solace in a Jose meltdown. We all know these rules are eventually going to cost the sides we support and in bullshit circumstances.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If you get a straight red card in a PL fixture that should mean you'll miss the next PL game but no. They had to piss around with that basic rule too.

Flexdegea

How a stupid ref can impact the final league standings

What the difference between spurs finishing 6th or 7th :lol: :lol:

Seriously they should have killed that game off Newcastle offered nothing up, classic Jose shades of united days settling for goal up ended up a draw.........far too many of them games in the league to be fair

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Had his hand above shoulder height. No sympathy.

The rule needs changing but they madethe correct call based on the current rule. No point blaming the referee etc.

el3mel

What the difference between spurs finishing 6th or 7th :lol: :lol:

Seriously they should have killed that game off Newcastle offered nothing up, classic Jose shades of united days settling for goal up ended up a draw.........far too many of them games in the league to be fair
Most of their fans on their forum are saying they missed ton of chances to kill it. Didn't watch the game to comment though.

el3mel

You would think? But with us I won’t be surprised if we lost 3-1 to them.
Never mind I forgot they are playing Chelsea next and it's probably gonna be a 1 match suspension since it wasn't bad behavior I believe.

SATA

:lol:

and unsportmanship by Jose. How can he leaves the pitch while his team is still playing! That is not a sign of team player. You don't like the decision, but you stick with your players till end. I don't like one bit when managers abandon their players and leave the pitch.
Brilliant. I hope every Spurs player saw what their manager did by abandoning them

Jibbs

VAR and new penalty rules are just sucking the fun out of the game. Has happened with united twice, once in our favour one against. I mean hate Jose as much we do, but how was that a penalty, he wasn't even looking at the ball.

mu4c_20le

VAR and new penalty rules are just sucking the fun out of the game. Has happened with united twice, once in our favour one against. I mean hate Jose as much we do, but how was that a penalty, he wasn't even looking at the ball.
Thats a slippery slope. Defenders can learn to be crafty and simply look away while innocently extending their arm in the way of the ball.

prateik

what difference does Dier not looking at the ball make?
Intent isnt important.. Arm was out. It was a pen by the current interpretation of the rules..

If this wasn't.. neither was the Lindelof one..

I am waiting for almost all saved pens to be retaken because the keeper stepped out as well.. it'll be hilarious.

Bojan11

Can the FA track back now? It has already affected teams.. they cant change the rule now that the season has started, can they?

It'll be a long season with this bullshit every fecking week..
They can just ignore it after a month. Remember the respect rule and shirt pulling in box. They were rampant on those first few weeks of a season and then they forgot. But obviously harder with VAR.

always_hoping

Dier knew little about that handball. I thought the new rule doesn't give penalties for that?

Jose must be punching the dressing room wall. They will be well fired up for the Man United match next week now

Untd55

Can’t even take solace in a Jose meltdown. We all know these rules are eventually going to cost the sides we support and in bullshit circumstances.
Yep. People are happy about this, but it is inevitable that it is going to happen to us at some point. I can see it happening a few times also with how easy it is to get a penalty.

The funny thing is VAR was brought in to correct bad decisions, but these decisions are worse than any of those ever were.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Can the FA track back now? It has already affected teams.. they cant change the rule now that the season has started, can they?

It'll be a long season with this bullshit every fecking week..
I’m sure they made adjustments during the early part of last season. But I may be remembering it wrong, anyways it’s a Fifa directive now.