Premier League Gameweek 3

Chief123

Players will adapt to more stern rules, goalkeepers will adapt to more severe punishment for dancing off the line during penalties.

Patience.

In the mean time, goals goals goals!!
There is no way you can adapt to this new rule other than giving attackers a huge advantage over defenders when jumping for the ball.

At the moment attackers can use their arms for elevation but defenders can’t. That’s unacceptable and a joke.

Man-United

He used to be respectful towards United before, but since getting sacked he hates us just like he hates Chelsea since Conte took charge.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Where's the video of the situation you're all discussing?

acnumber9

I agree but today that’s not possible and the current rule was enforced correctly. VAR did it’s job properly.
Yes but you’re not really understanding what people’s problem is. Nobody is saying it’s ruining the game by giving the wrong decision based on the rules. They’re saying that VAR has caused rule changes that are only for the betterment of VAR decisions rather than the game itself.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
There is no way you can adapt to this new rule other than giving attackers a huge advantage over defenders when jumping for the ball.

At the moment attackers can use their arms for elevation but defenders can’t. That’s unacceptable and a joke.
If it hits an attackers arm when jumping then it should also be a foul.

Hansa

Here's an option: Drop VAR. Then make it completey illegal to protest any decision during or after games. Don't forget that it was the constant moaning of players, managers (and fans) that made VAR a thing in the first place.

If the rules regarding handball were relaxed tomorrow, the players would still be appealing for a penalty in every Dier-like situation.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That’s a pen all day long.

dier jumps and then puts his arm up after the ball goes behind him -head height - then blocks it going on target.

that would of been a penalty last year.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
All clubs need to do now is aim for hands, not the goal.

Simple stuff. Make a mockery out of the rules that now make a mockery of the sport tbh.

Chief123

Yes but you’re not really understanding what people’s problem is. Nobody is saying it’s ruining the game by giving the wrong decision based on the rules. They’re saying that VAR has caused rule changes that are only for the betterment of VAR decisions rather than the game itself.
I don’t think you’re understanding what everyone’s problem is.

The issue is not VAR. The problem is the new rule they’ve brought in which means it’s handball if it touches a defenders arm and his arm is in an unnatural position. That rule change is a complete joke. It basically means defenders can no longer jump with their arms out.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Never should be a penalty but under these stupid rules it is. No point in taking it out on the ref.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
After Spurs had the that decision go against them and we won a game with a penalty given after the final whistle yesterday, you can be fecking certain that Spurs will get every single decision against us next week.
And you just know it will be some stupid handball decision like this, a ricochet off Pogba's head at close range onto Maguire's arm all in the span of about .5 of a second, bam, penalty, that Kane will promptly dispatch.

The handball rule needs to change, you cannot balance yourself in the air without the use of your arms, that whole no feet on the ground thing. Especially if you are shoved and not even looking at the ball like Dier was :lol:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
All clubs need to do now is aim for hands, not the goal.

Simple stuff. Make a mockery out of the rules that now make a mockery of the sport tbh.
Were you vocal on the opening day? Quit whining and look at your team failing to put Newcastle away.

Fooza

I'm actually speechless they gave that, especially when Dier is looking the other way :lol: Defenders now need to play with their hands tied with a rope

Chief123

If it hits an attackers arm when jumping then it should also be a foul.
That was the rule last year which they’ve now got rid of. Last year if it touched an attackers hand at any time in the build up, the goal was ruled out.

But this season an accidental handball is allowed by the attacker as long as it isn’t him who scores the goal. Like Havertz situation yesterday.

It’s completely over powered in the attackers favour at the moment.

red4ever 79

That’s a pen all day long.

dier jumps and then puts his arm up after the ball goes behind him -head height - then blocks it going on target.

that would of been a penalty last year.
Going on target haha. Go watch it again and look at the line of the header. Rule is an absolute joke

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm actually speechless they gave that, especially when Dier is looking the other way :lol: Defenders now need to play with their hands tied with a rope
It’s a pen all day long. Remember pogba got a similar one given against Liverpool once. Dier doesn’t need to raise his arm head height and aim his fist upwards - that’s not natural at all.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Defenders have a real sh*tty time with VAR more than any other position.
They're screwed. :lol:

UncleBob

That was the rule last year which they’ve now got rid of. Last year if it touched an attackers hand at any time in the build up, the goal was ruled out.

But this season an accidental handball is allowed by the attacker as long as it isn’t him who scores the goal. Like Havertz situation yesterday.

That's not what the rules say, but they have made it worse than it was last season

acnumber9

I don’t think you’re understanding what everyone’s problem is.

The issue is not VAR. The problem is the new rule they’ve brought in which means it’s handball if it touches a defenders arm and his arm is in an unnatural position. That rule change is a complete joke. It basically means defenders can no longer jump with their arms out.
They’ve changed the rule for VAR. It’s you not understanding I’m afraid.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

I wasn’t aware of that nor did I see the game yesterday. Seems a bit daft though.

Chief123

It’s a pen all day long. Remember pogba got a similar one given against Liverpool once. Dier doesn’t need to raise his arm head height and aim his fist upwards - that’s not natural at all.
It’s a penalty under the new rule. But the point is the rule is a joke.