Premier League Gameweek 30-32

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Listen to the city crowd. Complete silence.

Awful club. Only cheer when they’re winning, can’t fill their stadium, only score cutbacks.

Ugh. Hurry up and get charged.

Swedish_Plumber

I’d kill for a player in midfield like Rodri. Obviously few and far between cause he’s world class. For me that’s the profile of player that should be priority by a mile this summer.

LordSpud

All three of those top teams are going to have to win every game from here on out. Mad title race at the moment

Nas-JR

just listening to Ally mcCoist talking about who he thinks will win the league, referring to liverpool "with their current points... and their deserved favouritism"... I'm sorry, what???

Ole90+3

Not even the best player at City, that's Rodri. (who does have a legit case for best in the world right now.)
Still it is great to see Phil show this level of consistency (for City at least) since November, promising given KDB's struggles the last while.
Rodri is class and the best at his position in the world but Foden is a generational talent

KeanoMagicHat

For me, Rodri is better now than Busquets ever was. Gonna be considered one of the best ever defensive mids.

Korwas

just listening to Ally mcCoist talking about who he thinks will win the league, referring to liverpool "with their current points... and their deserved favouritism"... I'm sorry, what???
I assume he means that they are considered the favorites, which is deserved (since they are in the lead)?

LordSpud

Double-treble still on for City.

They really don't play like a team who are going to get done for the 115 charges...

Ole90+3

Not even the best player at City, that's Rodri. (who does have a legit case for best in the world right now.)
Still it is great to see Phil show this level of consistency (for City at least) since November, promising given KDB's struggles the last while.
I agree Rodri is fantastic and this City can’t operate properly without him but Foden’s movement, first touch and final product puts him in front. Absolute quality

Wheato

Rodri is some player. Pretty much does everything in the middle of the park. Never has a bad game. 62m buy out clause in 2019. While we were haggling over Harry Maguire, AWB and Dan James for a combined total of 150m.

Nas-JR

I assume he means that they are considered the favorites, which is deserved (since they are in the lead)?
Ah, that would make sense then. Maybe I'm too paranoid with how liverpool are treated in the media.

Pickle85

Rodri is class and the best at his position in the world but Foden is a generational talent
Nah, he's a very good player in a very good system for a very good team, but he's certainly not a generational player, whatever that means.

padr81

Supports
Man City
If my math is correct this will be Rodri's 62nd unbeaten game in a row for City if the result holds. Maybe 63rd

Zen

Man, City casually returning to the old ways so effortlessly is just ruthless. Haaland out in the summer.

Zen

If my math is correct this will be Rodri's 62nd unbeaten game in a row for City if the result holds. Maybe 63rd
They've just said.. 64 on commentary... third times a charm though, assuming you'd say 64 and not 61 next :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

For me, Rodri is better now than Busquets ever was. Gonna be considered one of the best ever defensive mids.
Difference is, Busquets won stuff on the international stage, too. To be fair, Rodri did win the Nations League but its not exactly the Euro's or the World Cup.

You could; however, argue that Rodri hasn't got the quality Busquets had around him back then.

Ultimately, I think that's how they (fans) could potentially differentiate between the two.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
I agree Rodri is fantastic and this City can’t operate properly without him but Foden’s movement, first touch and final product puts him in front. Absolute quality
It's tricky because the thing is that they have very different roles, Rodri in his role exceeeds the requirements by far, so in this trajectory of him (regarding talent, achievements, etc) he'll more than probably be regarded among the Redondos, Busquets, Rikjaards, etc

Foden given his role, needs to be more skilfull and he indeed is more skillfull than Rodri (like Liktbarski or Hassler were in comparison with Beckenbauer) but the competence there in a historical point of view is inmense to become an all out generational talent. The kid is indeed a trully skillfull and fantastic player, he needs to be more consistent.

Yet I get what you imply and is allways hard when we actually try to make historical tops what we choose above everything to make those.

InfiniteBoredom

Can’t see City dropping any point besides the Spurs game, and given that Spurs might be home & dry when they play each other, it’s pretty feasible for them to win all 8.

It’s so shit to be in a situation where us somehow beating the Scousers will just let tớ City getting the unprecedented 4th in a row.