Premier League Gameweek 31

Djemba-Djemba

How long has it been a rule where if the incident happened too long ago it doesn't matter?

Didn't we get a goal disallowed for a supposed foul by Mctominay on Son right at the start of buildup for a goal against Spurs?

2-0- game over, Leeds are dogshit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That goal. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Meslier have a good game

Idxomer

They get away with it because VAR will not overrule if it’s in the build up. Like the Boro goal against us last year.
I've seen it do that in other instances. If it's intentional, it should be ruled out.

Remember the geese

You can play volleyball providing the officials don't see it. Unless the finishing touch comes of the hand/arm, VAR aren't interested. They are playing just about well enough to make Europe, but not well enough to make top 4. Splendid.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
How long has it been a rule where if the incident happened too long ago it doesn't matter?

Didn't we get a goal disallowed for a supposed foul by Mctominay on Son right at the start of buildup for a goal against Spurs?

2-0- game over, Leeds are dogshit.
Making it up as they go along.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Meslier is an awful goalkeeper now and will be an awful goalkeeper his whole career, i don't wanna hear it

Sylar

That goal. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Meslier have a good game
I don't rate him at all. I never understand why we are linked with him. Any time I see Leeds it feels like he concedes goals and doesn't even excel at other parts

Bangor_Red

He literaly pushes the ball foward with his arm and sets up a goal. Yet, no VAR intervention.
Commentator saying during replay said his arms down by his side. He leads with his elbow. If rashfords from before was a handball that is. If that's a united game the commentators will be calling for it to be ruled out while it's checked. Hate the love in you hear from pundits around Liverpool. Maybe we should allow them to go back to pass backs to keepers like before

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just what is the rule anymore? Trent can just elbow his way through to goal and yet Brighton get that one chalked off at Spurs when it probably hits MacAllister's hip.

Djemba-Djemba

Just what is the rule anymore? Trent can just elbow his way through to goal and yet Brighton get that one chalked off at Spurs when it probably hits MacAllister's hip.
I think of all the problems with the rules and VAR, the handball stuff is the absolute worst.

Really does feel like they make it up on the spot each game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Apparently its handball if TAA scores but not if he assists . Thats got to be even worse.

So basically we should ask out players to use their hands to stop a counter and then quickly play a thru ball to martial / rashford
You can also essentially defend in your box with your hands if you crawl too.

Sylar

You can handball it on the buildup as long as the ref doesn't see it. And you're assisting or assisting the assister or assisting the guy who is winning a penalty
But if you score it's a handball or if you're a defender it's a handball

Unless you're falling down, so If there's a shot you can dive down to balance yourself and save it with your hand so it's not a handball.

Think that is it :lol:

PoTMS

Our players may as well punch the ball onto their teammates to score. With the clowns in charge, there's a 50/50 chance the goal will be given.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
That’s crazy, 0-0, walked upstairs, sat down, and my mate tells me bet365 have paid out. Leeds aren’t just doomed, they’re doomed as feck

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think of all the problems with the rules and VAR, the handball stuff is the absolute worst.

Really does feel like they make it up on the spot each game.
VAR is the catalyst for the handball madness. Endless replays before each decision are creating so much pressure to dream up objective criteria for something which should always rely on the subjective, in the moment, opinion of an experienced referee. So the whole fecking thing is eating itself. And turning football into a farce.

Remember when we were sold VAR as a means to put an end to refereeing controversies? Yeah. Good one.