Premier League Gameweek 33+34

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
The record gap exists because, as said above, the regular top-six clubs were going through a period of transition this season, and they came up against a Liverpool side going through their peak years. That and VAR, an injury immune team, opposition goal-keeping errors, fortunate late-goals, and the whole teeth-whitening scandal.

The stars aligned, as it were. You'll fall back to the pack next season in all probability.
So...you agree that Liverpool are the best team as everyone else - according to you - isn’t at full strength. Good.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Villa are absolute gash.
We should stuff them next.
Anyone reading anything into Liverpool's form is clueless.
They are champions.
Nuff said.
They are forever cnuts.
And they are champions* - never forget the* ! :D

edcunited1878

Zinchenko is such a damn passenger. It's hilarious how little crap Mendy and Zinchenko gets. They are poor players, especially Mendy for all he cost.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
No need for Ederson to have been so far out in the first place.

Danny Murphy is unbearable.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
As I said. Was that really a terrifying and marvelling performance though? Really?
They didn’t even have a touch in our box iirc. I’d say it was as dominating as you can get. They were in a good run of form going into the game too.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The point was that City ‘are the best team’ not what you have construed above. I think the best team sit 23 points clear.
You WERE the best team, but after the spanking you got from City - no longer.
And don't tell me that the team had drunk a lot of beer because no-one and i repeat no-one wants to lose 4-0 after having just won the league*.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I feel like asking Liverpool to play the same football as this expensively assembled City squad isn’t really fair.

You can see what they have to rely on outside of their top players today (Origi) and it isn’t much.

Klopp has needed to be more practical to win a PL title. It’s horrible to see Liverpool do well, but taking a City team with so many top players and a stacked bench away from the title, when that is such a big advantage, is impressive.

To ask that he then does it with the same style is a bit mad.

“You’re not really the best because that team that cost 600 million can really turn it on at times” rings a bit hollow.

TheReligion

Abusive
They didn’t even have a touch in our box iirc. I’d say it was as dominating as you can get. They were in a good run of form going into the game too.
I ask as I don't recall it being a terrifying and marvelling performance if I'm honest. An easy win yes but I assumed we were talking about the kind of performance you put in against Barca etc last season.

Surely you see the difference? I haven't seen much of that this season. You're undoubtedly less entertaining to watch.

AshRK

The suggestion is that City ‘are the best team’.

They play the best football going forward but Liverpool have been a better team this season; far more balanced from front to back. Shown very few weaknesses across the piece. City can’t lose 8 times, fall 20+ points behind and be the ‘best team’ regardless who would win a beauty contest.

There’s a stark imbalance of quality across the City team - they’ve been found out too often. Guardiola must sort their back line out.
There are lots of factorr why city are so behind. Imagine you guys without VVD and Salah for considerable amount of time. City full strength are a better side. That doesn't mean I am saying you guys are a bad side or don't deserve to win the league. What Klopp has done at Pool.is remarkable. I will repeat you guys play an efficient football and in fact that shows how good a coach klopp is who has modified his football style and doesn't always like his team to play attacking football foolishly.

It's just an opinion that City with full strength and the bench strength and their playing style are the best side. You guys have had an incredible run but in many games you could and should have dropped points but you got 3 points (again showing you being an efficient side) but when city were at top they were a different breed.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
It's a United forum :lol:

What do you expect?
Debate when it comes my way. You can’t just deligitimise the debate with faux-contempt. It undermines your general approach when you, yourself, react to something you disagree with.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
There are lots of factorr why city are so behind. Imagine you guys without VVD and Salah for considerable amount of time. City full strength are a better side. That doesn't mean I am saying you guys are a bad side or don't deserve to win the league. What Klopp has done at Pool.is remarkable. I will repeat you guys play an efficient football and in fact that shows how good a coach klopp is who has modified his football style and doesn't always like his team to play attacking football foolishly.

It's just an opinion that City with full strength and the bench strength and their playing style are the best side. You guys have had an incredible run but in many games you could and should have dropped points but you got 3 points (again showing you being an efficient side) but when city were at top they were a different breed.
Fair enough

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!

I can't remember when salah had a great game.
If it wasn't for Mane and VVD they would have lost a number of points.

TheReligion

Abusive
Debate when it comes my way. You can’t just deligitimise the debate with faux-contempt. It undermines your general approach when you, yourself, react to something you disagree with.
I've asked you a question that three posts later you've failed to expand upon.

So was the performance against Palace terrifying and marvelling in your opinion? As I said to Klopper it didn't feel like it. I assumed a terrifying and marvelling performance was one like the ones referenced i.e. Barca last season.

Nickelodeon

City’s peak is better than anyone’s peak currently. It’s their mentality which gets in the way. Guardiola has never really chased well which is the primary reason why they are so far behind. But in a 1v1, I would always consider them favourites against Liverpool.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
* supporters getting offended again that people have the temerity to suggest that City are the best footballing side in the country.

You have to love their insecurity all the same. They have this innate desire to be loved and appreciated all the time, and if they aren’t, the toys get thrown out of the pram. Everything they do must be the bestest ever. :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
And I'm not sure what kind of debate you seek when your reply to someone earlier was 23 points. Insightful stuff.