Premier League Gameweek 33+34

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why is everyone saying it was an accidental tackle? It doesn’t make it any fecking better. :houllier:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why is everyone saying it was an accidental tackle? It doesn’t make it any fecking better. :houllier:
Context is important.

vardy kicked somebody in the face and cut him with his studs, why wasn’t that a straight red?

Bojan11

Watching that. Vardy should have been off too. Wouldn’t surprise me if he did that on purpose.

Deery

Dreary
It was a heavy contract makes it look bad but he was pulling out and didn’t even look at the man, not a red for me..

CallyRed

If it was any other player than Vardy, I would have said that's an accidental kick.

Handré1990

What the feck happened? I watched from Arsenal’s goal and had to leave during the break. Arsenal were battering Leicester! How could this be a draw?

Paxi

Context is important.

vardy kicked somebody in the face and cut him with his studs, why wasn’t that a straight red?
Yeah he fell over and it looked like a natural movement thus not being seen as dangerous play. When a player actually goes in for a challenge, if it’s wild, they’re always running a risk of injuring someone seriously. So context is important but in this instance it was completely justified.

Paxi

It was a heavy contract makes it look bad but he was pulling out and didn’t even look at the man, not a red for me..
He gets him at the back of the knee when he turns, if the player doesn’t turn then that tackle becomes a potential leg breaker. Fact that he didn’t look at the man makes it even worse as it’s defined as being not in control.

PoTMS

Lacazette is fecking awful. If only he finished his chances.

Adam-Utd

Yeah he fell over and it looked like a natural movement thus not being seen as dangerous play. When a player actually goes in for a challenge, if it’s wild, they’re always running a risk of injuring someone seriously. So context is important but in this instance it was completely justified.
Nketiah had his leg up to control a bouncing ball and had an unfortunate collision with somebody in his blind spot. Completely natural movement, I personally thought it was a yellow but because his studs landed at knee height the ref decided it was dangerous.

I can see why it was given but if you say it doesn’t matter if it’s accidental then vardy should walk too

Paxi

Nketiah had his leg up to control a bouncing ball and had an unfortunate collision with somebody in his blind spot. Completely natural movement, I personally thought it was a yellow but because his studs landed at knee height the ref decided it was dangerous.

I can see why it was given but if you say it doesn’t matter if it’s accidental then vardy should walk too
It’s different clipping someone with the back of your boot when you slipped during heavy rain to challenging someone and missing the ball at knee height. It’s a clear red card as shown by the time it took the ref to call it once he seen it properly. Pogba got sent off at Arsenal for something similar — it’s reckless and he deserved to go.

Deery

Dreary
He gets him at the back of the knee when he turns, if the player doesn’t turn then that tackle becomes a potential leg breaker. Fact that he didn’t look at the man makes it even worse as it’s defined as being not in control.
Cause his eyes are on the ball, and he gets him a the back of the knee because he pulls out.

Adam-Utd

It’s different clipping someone with the back of your boot when you slipped during heavy rain to challenging someone and missing the ball at knee height. It’s a clear red card as shown by the time it took the ref to call it once he seen it properly. Pogba got sent off at Arsenal for something similar — it’s reckless and he deserved to go.
I’m not disagreeing just playing devils advocate.

I do think he was very unlucky as if he doesn’t try to control the ball in mid air he doesn’t get a red for that. If he just runs into him it’s nothing at all.

I don’t think Justin helped him either by turning his back and revealing the back side of his leg, made it look even worse.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just seen the red card, yeah it's nasty, but what was the Leicester player doing? He didn't really look like he was going for the ball and just throwing his body to draw a foul anyway? If he'd been seriously injured he would be partly to blame aswell. It was a weird movement eddie nkeitah wouldn't have expected maybe, no excuse for how high and studs first it was though.

Also welbecks goal... Where did that come from? :lol: he was massively struggling to run during the build up to that aswell.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Chelsea are just so lucky SOB. All those 18 league wins come with jammy goals.

Suv666

Spurs have been shite. I dont think they'll able to get a result against LC. Top four will be decided on the last day.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
You can't come in at that speed, plant your foot in someone's knee and not get a red card, it's dangerous play and a great way of taking someone out for 6-12 months. I also didn't see him pulling out of the situation since his leg is fully extended when he makes contact.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Feck off Chelsea.

Anyway They're still relying on Giroud, Willian... not exactly a young squad, if you think about it

paulscholes18

Feck off Chelsea.

Anyway They're still relying on Giroud, Willian... not exactly a young squad, if you think about it
Those 2 are effectively being replaced by Werner & Ziyech. Willian is playing well as he’s looking for a new club

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Chelsea just have highly effective players like William and Giroud who make it count when they’re on top. So many times this season they’ve scraped a lucky win. We’ve only ourselves to blame we’re behind them because of our relegation run at the start of the season.

0le

Top 4 is in our hands in the league, we can still get CL football from Europa and there is still a possibility that 5th place can give us top 4 as well. Overall, we are doing well. Fingers crossed we don't get any injuries.

Listar

Top 4 is in our hands in the league, we can still get CL football from Europa and there is still a possibility that 5th place can give us top 4 as well. Overall, we are doing well. Fingers crossed we don't get any injuries.
As it stands if we win all our league games we will beat Leicester to fourth and maybe Chelsea to third if they lose one say to Liverpool.

But can we win all our remaining games though?

Morpheus 7

Chelsea just have highly effective players like William and Giroud who make it count when they’re on top. So many times this season they’ve scraped a lucky win. We’ve only ourselves to blame we’re behind them because of our relegation run at the start of the season.
Wait to we lose before we go in this mode. United are playing the best in the league at moment. We have the best remaining fixtures. On paper and how we are playing, it's really for us to loss now. I don't think Chelsea or Leicester are capable of getting max points, we are. If we get top 4, we could have a great end to the season with the cups remaining.

Withnail

Wait to we lose before we go in this mode. United are playing the best in the league at moment. We have the best remaining fixtures. On paper and how we are playing, it's really for us to loss now. I don't think Chelsea or Leicester are capable of getting max points, we are. If we get top 4, we could have a great end to the season with the cups remaining.
Yeah agreed I don't think we'll need to win all of our remaining matches.

It would be some achievement if we did.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Just realised the Watford win last night was a huge blow for Villa. They'll be well up for it against us now on Thursday. Lose that and they are pretty much down.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just realised the Watford win last night was a huge blow for Villa. They'll be well up for it against us now on Thursday. Lose that and they are pretty much down.
These type of games are the worst. Against teams that are on the edge.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

But can we win all our remaining games though?
I'm doubtful. That's why I think we have to make the next few count. Away to Leicester for example is a game we shouldn't have to win.