Premier League Gameweek 33+34

Alemar

As it stands if we win all our league games we will beat Leicester to fourth and maybe Chelsea to third if they lose one say to Liverpool.
We will beat Chelsea even if they draw one - our GD is significantly better

Riz

Yep, for this reason I'm expecting a draw at best. We need to score ASAP because they fall to pieces when they go behind.
It will be tougher than on paper given they’ll be fighting for survival but you really don’t see any chance of us beating Villa?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It will be tougher than on paper given they’ll be fighting for survival but you really don’t see any chance of us beating Villa?
It's just what I'm expecting, I'm overly cautious in my predictions for our games in recent years due to obvious reasons. Hopefully we will pick up the win.

Fully Fledged

Just realised the Watford win last night was a huge blow for Villa. They'll be well up for it against us now on Thursday. Lose that and they are pretty much down.
Or they could look at it that Palace and West Ham are their best chances of getting the points they need to stay up. They play Palace about 60 hours after playing us.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yep, for this reason I'm expecting a draw at best. We need to score ASAP because they fall to pieces when they go behind.
I'm fearing a tricky evening, but really a proper CL team beats Villa. If we play the way we have been we will win.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Or they could look at it that Palace and West Ham are their best chances of getting the points they need to stay up. They play Palace about 60 hours after playing us.
Ooh that's good. Screw this game Villa. Focus on the one that matters.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Liverpool are effective. We are more like ...fail to convert chances until we get sucker punched...tive.
Hope
Since the restart, Chelsea:

Scraped past 2-1 vs Villa
Squeezed past City 2-1 via a pen after City have a man sent off
Lost 3-2 vs WH
Beat Watfor
We will beat Chelsea even if they draw one - our GD is significantly better
The goal difference between us is 6 goals. Significantly better is a stretch. I'm more concerned about Leicester's goal ddifference. We need them to drop at least 3 more points before we play Liverpool.

PoTMS

So what are we watching? Who would've thought I'd be I'm great anticipation watching Sheffield United v Wolves a year ago?

Deery

Dreary
I’m watching Wolves v Sheffield United to be a massive hipster, but mainly because I don’t have BT Sports ( crying emoji ).

Gator Nate

I would prefer the Wolves v Sheffield United match, but it's a stream, while the City v. Newcastle is on TV. I'm limited on the stream bandwidth for the month, so... City it is. Pulling for Newcastle on that one.

cyberman

Liverpool are effective. We are more like ...fail to convert chances until we get sucker punched...tive.
Hope

The goal difference between us is 6 goals. Significantly better is a stretch. I'm more concerned about Leicester's goal ddifference. We need them to drop at least 3 more points before we play Liverpool.
United have a game in hand.

Riz

Would like a result for Sheff U here, dropped point for Wolves should help us open a gap between 5th and 6th. May be key if City’s ban sticks.

Enjoying this Sheffield United Wolves game, two very different 3 at the back systems. Sheffield have probably had the better of it, some bad decision making and final ball has stopped them from creating clear cut chances. But when they're in the game and not sitting back I find them really fun to watch. McBurnie's lack of technique is shocking though, takes him an age to get the ball out of his feet and keep it moving.

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
cnuts couldnt do this against Chelsea?

ManRed

How is that not a red for sheffield defender. He was beat and took the player down when it was turning 2v1

klayton88

This female commentator on the West Ham game is awful. It's like she's reading off a stat sheet. I get the impression she doesn't know as much as she's making out. She sounds robotic.

Deery

Dreary
Traore just beating boys for fun out there.
Interesting match but I think Wolves will have too much quality up front for Sheffield United.

It's about the only thing they can do other than just passing Traore the ball and hoping for something, but these Wolves counters are brilliant to watch.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
KDB is going to break Henry's record isn't he :nervous:

mu4c_20le

Traore just beating boys for fun out there.
Interesting match but I think Wolves will have too much quality up front for Sheffield United.
Did the same against Arsenal, its what he does best. Did nothing after beating them though