Premier League Gameweek 33 + FAC semis

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Pretty much lost interest untki something significant changes.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
No Sturridge and especially lallana on the bench is a surprise, but apart from that strong team.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Not concerned... Which means we'll probably lose :lol:

SharpshooterTom

Liverpool will win all their remaining games.

Depends on whether City can too, and I'm not sure they will as their fixture list looks much more difficult.

I think there's real possibility Liverpool will win the PL+CL double, more so than City. They're getting the rub of the green. Plus the media want them to do it.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Time for Keita to show why we bought him.

Paul_Scholes18

Depends on whether City can too, and I'm not sure they will as their fixture list looks much more difficult.

I think there's real possibility Liverpool will win the PL+CL double, more so than City. They're getting the rub of the green. Plus the media want them to do it.
Lol! Not sure the media will win you games.

Liverpool is a good cup team so City to win the league and Liverpool the champions league got a higher chance to happen than the opposite.

SharpshooterTom

Could be a tricky game for Liverpool.
I don't think it will be, think Liverpool are beginning to find their November-January form again and will tear a ton of teams apart over the next month or so.

I think people really are under appreciating their chances for the CL. They effectively have a bye into the semi's.

SATA

The scouse win today and they will win the league. Can't believe i'm saying this. This is the hardest game they have left. They will beat Chelsea at home by some stroke of luck again

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Remember, that even with the most incredible luck seen in a season, they are still 1 point behind.

A few years ago, it all seemed to be going their way, and we remember what happens.

The nature of luck is a cruel mistress. It can desert at the most inopportune time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The scouse win today and they will win the league. Can't believe i'm saying this. This is the hardest game they have left. They will beat Chelsea at home by some stroke of luck again
Chelsea is their hardest game.
But this is by far the hardest of their three aways, as Cardiff are a walkover, and Newcastle have Benitez for goodness sake! Still has a house in their area, and adores them!!

Even Wolves at home will be a cruise, as they'll only be thinking about the FA Cup final by then!

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Chelsea is their hardest game.
But this is by far the hardest of their three aways, as Cardiff are a walkover, and Newcastle have Benitez for goodness sake! Still has a house in their area, and adores them!!

Even Wolves at home will be a cruise, as they'll only be thinking about the FA Cup final by then!

I don't get this. Do people think Benitez is going to tactically sabotage Newcastle to give Liverpool an advantage? Or actually take his players to one side and go 'ah listen lads, we don't wanna win this one'.

He likes Liverpool, but there's no way he'll treat the game any differently than he usually would, he's a professional. Liverpool will probably win anyway because they're miles better than Newcastle but it won't be because Benitez deliberately set out to lose. They could still be somewhat involved in a relegation scrap at that point as well.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I like our midfield. Let’s see if they can actually play together though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't get this. Do people think Benitez is going to tactically sabotage Newcastle to give Liverpool an advantage? Or actually take his players to one side and go 'ah listen lads, we don't wanna win this one'.

He likes Liverpool, but there's no way he'll treat the game any differently than he usually would, he's a professional. Liverpool will probably win anyway because they're miles better than Newcastle but it won't be because Benitez deliberately set out to lose. They could still be somewhat involved in a relegation scrap at that point as well.
You sound naïve in the extreme.

You'll be telling us next that Stevie G didn't purposely play a completely unnecessary late backpass against Chelsea, the season we needed Chelsea not to win that game...

It goes on.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
2-0 Liverpool by HT, 1-3 win for them by the end.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

What’s to sabotage? They’re shit anyway :lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I like our midfield. Let’s see if they can actually play together though.
The problem is I think I've heard Liverpool fans get excited when seeing the Wijnaldum/Keita/Fabinho midfield every single time, but every single time it doesn't live up to the pre match expectations.

Keita really just hasn't done anything in the Premier League.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You sound naïve in the extreme.

You'll be telling us next that Stevie G didn't purposely play a completely unnecessary late backpass against Chelsea, the season we needed Chelsea not to win that game...

It goes on.
I don't think I do.

A player can perhaps have it in the back of their mind and play off a poor pass as a mistake, but all a manager can do is put his team out. He's not going to tell them not to try because there's a good chance that could leak, and then he would be in serious trouble for match fixing. He's not going to stake his career/reputation in order to help Liverpool win a title.

There's limitations to what a manager can do, if he put out an obviously terrible team it would be investigated, so he will put out his best players. Maybe you could argue he might give them a tactical plan that he knows won't works, but that sounds like some ultra paranoid shit to me. He'll want to win the game I think anyway, especially if relegation is even a 1% chance at the time.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
What’s to sabotage? They’re shit anyway :lol:
Yeah .. that is true. I can see them playing like shit and everyone going 'rafa throwing the game!' when really they're just always that shit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't think I do.

A player can perhaps have it in the back of their mind and play off a poor pass as a mistake, but all a manager can do is put his team out. He's not going to tell them not to try because there's a good chance that could leak, and then he would be in serious trouble for match fixing. He's not going to stake his career/reputation in order to help Liverpool win a title.

There's limitations to what a manager can do, if he put out an obviously terrible team it would be investigated, so he will put out his best players. Maybe you could argue he might give them a tactical plan that he knows won't works, but that sounds like some ultra paranoid shit to me. He'll want to win the game I think anyway, especially if relegation is even a 1% chance at the time.
If only I was of such pure thoughts as you sir.
Maybe I'd have a more peaceful ride through life :drool:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Got a tenner on Liverpool halftime and full time.

You guys worried about Liverpool winning all their games. Don't worry, we'll save the world (again) from that fate.

Dudu

Not sure why I'm torturing myself watching this..

Havak

Pokemon master
I think this is Liverpool's best XI, with the exception of Gomez for Matip. I'm slightly surprised it hasn't been the most-picked side, or at least close to it (factoring for injuries and whatnot) even with Fabinho taking slightly longer to adjust than most people thought. The only 'weak link', or links, for me, are Keita and Wijaldum not producing enough in the final third. 64 combined appearances have produced only 2 goals and 2 assists. This combined total not being in double digits just isn't good enough and I'd argue that might be the difference in winning the title or not.

Still, these last six games give them a huge chance for Liverpool fans to forgive any poor to average performances if they score a winning goal in the run-in.

Reynoldo

So are we going for another goalkeeper howler or a blatantly obvious offside goal tonight? That’s the only debate in this one really

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Come on Southampton...
Titanic departed from Southampton and..well, we all know what happened
Make sure same happens to Liverpool..
Sank them!

FireballXL5

If Southampton can take points off Liverpool tonight, I might start forgiving them for beating us in the 1976 FA Cup Final.
Might.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

You're forgetting all the managers with a United connection back when SAF was around who'd roll over for United. It happens.