Premier League Gameweek 33 + FAC semis

Vadim

You think that Fernandinho is better than Hazard? Oh dear, where to begin.
Why does one player have to be ‘better’ than the other?

How can you compare Hazard to VVD to Fernandinho?!

They all do completely different jobs on the pitch.

el3mel

Honestly unbelievable how can still be some that doubt Hazard.

This forum is weird some times.

Eddy_JukeZ

No one doubts him.

Every time he has a great game, some come out with the 'by far best player in the league' thing.

He's up there, but I don't think anyone in the league is clearly the best player.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
No one doubts him.

Every time he has a great game, some come out with the 'by far best player in the league' thing.

He's up there, but I don't think anyone in the league is clearly the best player.
It's really weird.

Hazard fans seem to think that if you don't think he's by far in the league/top 5 in the world or whatever then you don't rate him.

He's clearly one of the better players in the league and there's definitely a solid argument to be made that he's the best, just like with a few players. There's no way he's easily the best.

RooneyLegend

True. Sometimes this forum is a parallel universe where Fernandinho and Sterling are better than Hazard and Hererra is better than Kante. Where Verratti isn't all that great and Neymar star fades by the weekly. Where Rashford has Mbappe levels of talent and Martial is a monster.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
True. Sometimes this forum is a parallel universe where Fernandinho and Sterling are better than Hazard and Hererra is better than Kante. Where Verratti isn't all that great and Neymar star fades by the weekly. Where Rashford has Mbappe levels of talent and Martial is a monster.
It's just reactionary. I'm sure Hazard will have "downed tools" according to some if he doesn't score a hattrick at Anfield next weekend.

They're all great players who are the best at different aspects of the game. Let's not try to compare Van Dijk with Fernandinho with De Gea with Hazard and just agree that they're all among the best in the league.

Vadim

They all play in different positions for feck sake!!!

You don’t compare Hazard with VVD, it’s just ridiculous!

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
It's just reactionary. I'm sure Hazard will have "downed tools" according to some if he doesn't score a hattrick at Anfield next weekend.

They're all great players who are the best at different aspects of the game. Let's not try to compare Van Dijk with Fernandinho with De Gea with Hazard and just agree that they're all among the best in the league.
If he scores two and sets up two more, I'll be more than happy :)

el3mel

No one doubts him.

This is opinion is fine, however, it's not what I have seen in this thread from his doubters who want to make almost all other players better than him, even Fernandinho.

He's definitely top 5 best players in the league. You may think he's not the absolute best, that's pretty fine, I don't think this either, but saying things like he appears once every nine matches and Fernandinho and VVD are better than him while they're different positions is ridiculous for me.

Armchair Manager

Supports
Northampton
Aguero. Salah. David Silva. Sterling. Van Dijk. Fernandinho.

He's a good player but Christ people only come out with that chat every seven weeks.
You think that Fernandinho is better than Hazard? Oh dear, where to begin.
Why does one player have to be ‘better’ than the other?

How can you compare Hazard to VVD to Fernandinho?!

They all do completely different jobs on the pitch.
Surely you cant compare Hazard, Van Dijk, Fenandinho, Sterling and Salah as they all play different roles. But we xan surely compare their impact on their team's performance. Fernandinho and Van Dijk have bigger impact on their teams. City lost three league matches in absence of Fernandinho and with Van Dijk in team Liverpool's defense turned from joke to best in the league. If Hazard had as much of an impact on Chelsea's performance they should have atleast been contending liverpool and city, after all chelsea multiple league title winners in their team and i will say on paper they have 2nd best squad in the league.

What sets other players apart from Hazard us they have been more consistent than Hazard. Maybe apart from Salah but even he is having better season than hazard in terms of output.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Maybe it's just me, but in what league is that not considered a foul and a penalty? The funniest part was the commentator at that moment saying it was 'shoulder to shoulder' so no foul. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Maybe it's just me, but in what league is that not considered a foul and a penalty? The funniest part was the commentator at that moment saying it was 'shoulder to shoulder' so no foul. :lol:

I'm finding this weird recently too. There were a couple of times in our game against Arsenal where Sokratis just shoved Calvert-Lewin or blocked him without touching the ball but it was okay because it's just a barge. It doesn't make sense to me how that's not a foul but sliding tackles which get the ball are. Has nothing to do with the game getting too 'soft' either.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I'm finding this weird recently too. There were a couple of times in our game against Arsenal where Sokratis just shoved Calvert-Lewin or blocked him without touching the ball but it was okay because it's just a barge. It doesn't make sense to me how that's not a foul but sliding tackles which get the ball are. Has nothing to do with the game getting too 'soft' either.
The funny thing is, the ref is right there, he's perfectly positioned to spot the foul. I wonder what is going on through his mind at that moment. Are referees in EPL simply too afraid nowadays? Anywhere else on a pitch it's a clear foul. Arnautovic shows no intention whatsoever to play the ball, he just rams into Hazard, like it's a wrestling show. It's just incredible and I've seen those happening in other league games, too. People spent hours nitpicking whether someone trips someone in the box or not, but something like that isn't even being discussed. The same with wrestling players to the ground during corners, it's just ridiculous.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Surely you cant compare Hazard, Van Dijk, Fenandinho, Sterling and Salah as they all play different roles. But we xan surely compare their impact on their team's performance. Fernandinho and Van Dijk have bigger impact on their teams. City lost three league matches in absence of Fernandinho and with Van Dijk in team Liverpool's defense turned from joke to best in the league. If Hazard had as much of an impact on Chelsea's performance they should have atleast been contending liverpool and city, after all chelsea multiple league title winners in their team and i will say on paper they have 2nd best squad in the league.

What sets other players apart from Hazard us they have been more consistent than Hazard. Maybe apart from Salah but even he is having better season than hazard in terms of output.
Thank you.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Have you been drinking. Savage half bearable. Bloody he'll....
He is THE most self opinionated childish annoying git.
As soon as I hear his stupid voice I always turn over or switch off.

Just to illustrate how bad he is, he has to phone up his mummy during his crappy programme.

I mean. How can any channel be so unbelievably dim as to pay him to reduce their viewers/listeners.
He must be incredibly cheap thats all I can say.
I agree.. and yet Hoddle is worse. His insightful comments include: "the ball was
crossed from the left and he headed it in"

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I agree.. and yet Hoddle is worse. His insightful comments include: "the ball was
crossed from the left and he headed it in"
I don't know how some of the so called football pundits justify their positions.
The two I have most respect for are Allen Green and Jonathan Pearce. Both speak with passion and an understanding of the role.
In fact Allen Green was commentating on 5live on last night Barcelona match. Despite it not being a classic he kept the interest going.
Top man.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I don't know how some of the so called football pundits justify their positions.
The two I have most respect for are Allen Green and Jonathan Pearce. Both speak with passion and an understanding of the role.
In fact Allen Green was commentating on 5live on last night Barcelona match. Despite it not being a classic he kept the interest going.
Top man.
totally agree about Green - many here hate him because he supports Liverpool. Pearce has, thankfully, calmed down from his mad antics on Capital Radio!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
totally agree about Green - many here hate him because he supports Liverpool. Pearce has, thankfully, calmed down from his mad antics on Capital Radio!
Wow. I honestly didn't expect anybody else to like Allen Green. He repeatedly says that he doesn't support Liverpool but I don't believe him.
Both him and Mike Ingham were quite brilliant. Ingham has retired so I hope Green stays around for some time to come.
Jonathan Pearce supports Bristol City by the way bur I won't hold that against him. Wish I did as well.