Premier League Gameweek 35-37 + FA Cup semis

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Agreed. Might work well for us with Bournemouth playing leicester. Can’t see them getting anything though
They have a performance in them.
If they don't win they are not going to be in the premier league much longer and that's huge for them. They have to leave everything on the pitch

Le Red

Agree with the last part. None of these players had any pedigree before going to Liverpool. However, I don’t think Wijnaldum even has a prayer of getting into any combined 11. Fletcher, Carrick, Hargreaves, Park, Scholes and even late-30s repositioned Giggs were better than him. On that note, he’d be lucky to get into our 4th choice midfield, let alone first. Probably partner Anderson there.
I think I rate Wijnaldum higher than most, but I could see him playing in that squad, not as a starter to be honest, just think he'd add something a bit different in that midfield.

Shiva87

Really dislike how many people are so focused on the results on Chelsea and Leicester. While it's always nice to see teams that you don't like or consider a rival to drop points and laugh a bit, United themselves can control every match that comes along and play for max points to see how high they get up the table. Just focus on United and watch how the other teams play and perform. Whatever happens between now and the end of the PL season will not make up for the fact that United were horrific and in relegation form many times in the first 3 months of the season and hovered in midtable. The only thing that was saving them and gave them a chance at this current position was the fact that teams outside of Liverpool and City were dropping a lot of points as well, which is why we've seen so many teams packed in together and not a lot of separation until the past few weeks or around matchweek 31. And the arrival of Bruno bringing a huge jolt throughout the club and lifting of quality and standards.

Another cup final for United on Monday night.
It's natural for everyone to focus on other results and it's all a part of the overall fan experience!

If we win all our games, we get into top 4 but thats a tough ask regardless of how good the team is. We would be in title winning form for half a season if we manage to do that. No easy feat.

Everyone knows this. So it's great for us that the other teams drop a few points here and there to make our task a bit easier.

It's all well and good for the team to focus on our own games. On current form, we can win all our remaining games - but sometimes luck is also needed to do that (e.g. Bruno's penalty!). If Trezeguet's shot goes in before that - we have a very different game with Villa.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

The replies to this tweet...you’d never have guessed they’d recently won the league. Replies sound like they’re on the brink of relegation. Demands to sign players, criticising Klopp’s tactics, Salah etc

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
How are Chelsea 3rd they are horrible on paper. Just awful.
Couldn’t agree more they don’t really don’t scare me at all. Truthfully our best 11 is just miles better but to give them credit they play as a unit and the drop off form one player to the next is not as severe.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Seeing Chelsea players come out of the stands makes me feel like I'm watching The Shield from WWE.

mu4c_20le

They're not that bad hence why they're 3rd. Maybe if United, Spurs or Arsenal were better that might not be the case.
Nah they're there because of Pulisic's form. Take him away and they'd be comfortably out of top 4.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Hopefully the Sheffield players will be up for this game given their EL qualification is on the line.

Lee565

Got extra hope for Sheffield United to take points of chelsea with giroud benched.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Come on you Blades! You really don't want Arsenal and/or Tottenham to jump above you, do you? Mr. Wilder, go wild, and I mean that in a winning the game way.

man united 4eva

Phew - 2 long ball teams played for a draw. Seriously, teams still can't figure out how liverpool play ? VVD long ball to full backs(mostly Trent) and they cross to forwards.

You lock the full backs and they lose the creativity. Ourselves and Sheffield are the only 2 teams who actually figured this out and countered that ( we at home and Sheffield at Anfield).
Long ball aka Hoof ball stats 2019/20 season... :devil::D

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/total_long_balls

Nero

What's the point of the coin toss in a game without supporters btw? Does anyone really care what side they start at now?
Our first OT game back Sheff Utd made us kick towards the Stretford End first half.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
When was the last time both north London clubs, Arsenal, and Spurs, finished outside the CL and EL qualification places?

The first person to answer correctly does not win a Kenwood juicer.

LVGSdive

Graeme Le Saux's expert commentary on the stream I'm watching:
"Chelsea are playing a 4-4-3."

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Pulisic looks dangerous, but Chelsea desperately need this rebuild that they’ve started with Werner and Ziyech.

If they get top 4 this season, it’s a real sign of how poor the other ‘big 6’ minus city and liverpool have been

fps

Think I now like football on tv more without the crowds. Removes all the abuse of players, etc. If they’d get rid of the commentary too it would be perfect!